Transplant prices are the reason! - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gainspotter View Post
    And in a lot of cases transplants don't work. Look at rooneys 30k job. He looked better bald, now he looks as though he's glued barbers trimmings to his scalp, and he's still balding.
    In cases like that, for that amount of money is daylight robbery.
    I know that's a days wage for him but for the average guy that's a lifes saving.
    I honestly dont think his looks bad.

He looks a lot younger, have to admit that.
    I also would not doubt the surgeon he used was some super high end Hollywood guy who charges THOUSANDS just because of his location but is no better than the moderately priced ones around here.

How did Rooney **** up his HT? He did't take his finasteride?

F*ck up his HT? This is Rooney in september 2013:

Tell me you wouldn't be happy with that if you were NW5-6.

People here find reasons to complain even about every single available treatment, even hair transplants. No HT's are not a joke. Yes they are very expensive and yes they can do wonders if you're in the hands of a skilled surgeon.

You don't have the money? I call bullshit, you do. Do you have a car? A plasma TV? I'm 23 years old and I already have saved the money for my two upcoming FUE's. How did I do? I worked for it. Now save some money for a FUE or shave it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

Tell me you wouldn't be happy with that if you were NW5-6.

People here find reasons to complain even about every single available treatment, even hair transplants. No HT's are not a joke. Yes they are very expensive and yes they can do wonders if you're in the hands of a skilled surgeon.

You don't have the money? I call bullshit, you do. Do you have a car? A plasma TV? I'm 23 years old and I already have saved the money for my two upcoming FUE's. How did I do? I worked for it. Now save some money for a FUE or shave it and move on.
    Nice to see you've found the best pic of his hair LOL, look at the more recent ones, you know they look like shit. And he did take propecia, eventhough if you were to spend that much money why should you still need to take a dangerous pill every day.
    I don't have that kind of money and if I did I wouldn't spend it on my hair. You must be in a really well paid job to have that amount saved at 23, you must be real privelledged.
    The whole point of this thread was about how expensive transplants are, obviously as you're swimming in your trust fund, it doesn't apply to you.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

Well, there's no pills to cure ugly

Nice to see you've found the best pic of his hair LOL, look at the more recent ones, you know they look like shit. And he did take propecia, eventhough if you were to spend that much money why should you still need to take a dangerous pill every day.
    I don't have that kind of money and if I did I wouldn't spend it on my hair. You must be in a really well paid job to have that amount saved at 23, you must be real privelledged.
    The whole point of this thread was about how expensive transplants are, obviously as you're swimming in your trust fund, it doesn't apply to you.
    They are expensive, there is no doubt about that. Honestly speaking as well the latest consult I was on the doc took every tool and solution out to show me how he does the work.
    Aside anesthesia I cant see how regular Joe Shmoe cant do this? It doesnt seem extremely hard. Im sure the hairs are super fragile but seriously I think it is very overpriced for what it is, not to mention you have basically ZERO recourse if they do an awful job.

Anyway as for saving the money, you will have to finance. I have money in the bank.
    I have school loans and TWO mortgages (separate houses) but I have no kids so money is there.
    If you have kids then maybe its tough but you decided you dont matter as much and now have to put your money into your next generation. That is not bad but dont start saying a kid who is 23 cant save money.
    He probably lives at home and works like 2 or 3 part times jobs (or full time) and has no kids. Maybe he drives a beat up honda. Issue is his expenses are probably minimal.
    WHen I was 23 I lived on my own, worked a full AND part time job, went to school and had many bills. I had no kids though so I was still abel to save money with hard work.

If you want it that bad, just do it.

And in a lot of cases transplants don't work. Look at rooneys 30k job. He looked better bald, now he looks as though he's glued barbers trimmings to his scalp, and he's still balding.
    In cases like that, for that amount of money is daylight robbery.
    I know that's a days wage for him but for the average guy that's a lifes saving.
    Still balding because he hasn't addressed the actual problem, which is lower DHT by using fin or dut. An HT without using medication is like putting a band aid on a leaking pipe. You're going to put more and more band aids because you'll see water is still running through the band aid. You need to actually stop the leak for the water to stop running through. It's that simple but people don't understand. I am not sure if they are under the impression that HT's actually stop MPB?

Fin doesn't stop MPB.

I'm having two HT in the next two years and I'm not on fin, but I'm already NW5 so it's useless now anyway.

Well, I didn't say fin stops MPB, I said it lowers DHT. Which in turn slows down MPB. I said an HT won't stop MPB.

Slowing down MPB and then getting an HT, and staying on the fin and Rogaine, is much better in the long run than just blindly getting an HT only, without getting on meds. You'll just end up rocking hair systems in the end. I rather make an HT worth it in the long run, by preserving the native hair as much as possible.

Anyway, good luck on your HT. I hope all goes well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    They are expensive, there is no doubt about that. Honestly speaking as well the latest consult I was on the doc took every tool and solution out to show me how he does the work.
    Aside anesthesia I cant see how regular Joe Shmoe cant do this? It doesnt seem extremely hard. Im sure the hairs are super fragile but seriously I think it is very overpriced for what it is, not to mention you have basically ZERO recourse if they do an awful job.
    Wow you my friend are a moron. If any "Joe Shmoe" could perform a hair transplant then why are there thousands of cases of botched hair transplants? By your logic then every Joe Shmoe should be able to get into med school and practice medicine. Just open up a HT clinic in your garage and charge $0.05 per graft. Jesus Christ the level of intelligence on this forum has taken a serious nose dive!