+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by macster View Post
    Well the patent on Propecia has expired, so that treatment will be going fully generic shortly. Right now I think there is only 1 generic 1mg finasteride manufacturer. But soon others will enter the market, eviscerating the profit that can be made on Propecia.

So now, the market is ripe for a "new" drug to enter the market -- dutasteride.

It's the same thing Merck did with Proscar. It was on the market for about a decade as a prostate medication (as Avodart is now) before it was patented in the 1mg form for use for hair loss.

Likewise, GKS will probably adjust the dosage of dutasteride to something most ideal for hair loss and then change that name into something like Avodarticia or Avicia or something like that and sell this exclusively for hair loss for a good decade or so. Make lot$ of money.

Hopefully they don't make it too expensive.
    They will expect peanuts from it, if propecia revenue is anything to go by. Its currently taking in shy of $1bn in global sales...not quite a blockbuster ...but near enough...propecia takes in 150m, or there abouts.

They dnt have to adjust dosing under most patent laws for meds...just license it for alternative indications, and get about 5yrs extension

Are Propecia revenues really that small? Wow, I'd have thought they would have been making lots more money, given that so many men are concerned about hair loss.

Two words Sexual sides. Not a lot of guys want a drug that can give sexual sides even if its small and its for hair. If not for the sexual sides I think propecia would have done much better, and keeping hair is not as impressive as regrowing a lot of hair.
    I think hair loss has more money in it then propecia shows.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Two words Sexual sides. Not a lot of guys want a drug that can give sexual sides even if its small and its for hair. If not for the sexual sides I think propecia would have done much better, and keeping hair is not as impressive as regrowing a lot of hair.
    I think hair loss has more money in it then propecia shows.
    Most balding men never learn about fin or dut.

Global Assessment of Improvement From Baseline to Week 24 Assessed for Frontal View : - DUT 0.5mg : 0.58
    - FIN 1mg : 0.34

Change From Baseline in Investigator Photographic Assessment Questionnaire (IPAQ) Scores Assessed at Week 24 for Frontal View:
    - DUT 0.5mg : 1.11
    - FIN 1mg : 0.88

ADVERSE EVENTS:
    Libido decreased: -DUT 0.5mg :3.26% -FIN 1mg :5.03% -Placebo :1.1%
    Erectyle dysfunction:-DUT 0.5mg :5.43% -FIN 1mg :5.59% -Placebo :3.87%

-------------------------

Now please stop with the famous "dut hairline destroyer blabla myth" and "dut is like Satan, it can kills you and especially your d*ck"

Oh by the way Glaxo is going to start a long-term safety clinical for the sexual sides, everyone will see that dut isn't a monster : http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...+sexual&rank=1

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Most balding men never learn about fin or dut.
    Yeah and a lot of men that do decide long term hormone altering is not a good idea and probably rightly so. The chance of sexual sides turns a lot of guys away from it no doubt on that. I dont know many men that want hair over sex even if its a small chance it just doesnt sound good. A lot of guys dont know about it though your probably right there. It is though the most dangerous treatment for MPB we have even if its the most effective. Its just not possible to know everything that can happen after 10 - 20 years of using that.