X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Difthin
    • Aug 2013

quick question about keto

Hi All,

I was wondering if any one could advice me, diffuse thinner on low dose of fin, whether using keto such as revita shampoo would be helpful for me. Thing is, my scalp is never infected, I dont have 'the itch', no dandruff etc. I have understood that keto is mainly used to prevent or fight inflammation, and since I dont have any Im doubtful whether I should invest in it. Any words of wisdom are much appreciated
  • ChrisM
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Difthin
    Hi All,

I was wondering if any one could advice me, diffuse thinner on low dose of fin, whether using keto such as revita shampoo would be helpful for me. Thing is, my scalp is never infected, I dont have 'the itch', no dandruff etc. I have understood that keto is mainly used to prevent or fight inflammation, and since I dont have any Im doubtful whether I should invest in it. Any words of wisdom are much appreciated
    Let me jump in here. Ketoconazole in shampoos like Nizoral and Revita main functionality was to deal with dandruff , scalp inflammation associated with dandruff and dermatitis also T-Gel and T-Sal by Neutrogena are miles better for that.
    But the main function Ketoconazole serves against male pattern baldness is that it helps to eliminate the DHT (dihydrotestosterone) that is in the follicle shaft and hair bulb itself that is pooled in there and wipe it out so that in addition to the medications like Finasteride/Propecia or Dutasteride that are internal DHT blockers allowing the hormones internally not to interfere with the hair growth phase process.. the Ketoconazole removes the DHT from underneath miniaturized, shrinking hair allowing it to grow, shed and fall out to be replace by a stronger terminal hair in your scalp that is not affected because DHT is no longer in the hair shaft and there is no sebum a waxy substance that retards hair growth along with the shaft being clogged with dirt and oil from pollutants and hair products.

Comment

• redy
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by ChrisM
      Let me jump in here. Ketoconazole in shampoos like Nizoral and Revita main functionality was to deal with dandruff , scalp inflammation associated with dandruff and dermatitis also T-Gel and T-Sal by Neutrogena are miles better for that.
      But the main function Ketoconazole serves against male pattern baldness is that it helps to eliminate the DHT (dihydrotestosterone) that is in the follicle shaft and hair bulb itself that is pooled in there and wipe it out so that in addition to the medications like Finasteride/Propecia or Dutasteride that are internal DHT blockers allowing the hormones internally not to interfere with the hair growth phase process.. the Ketoconazole removes the DHT from underneath miniaturized, shrinking hair allowing it to grow, shed and fall out to be replace by a stronger terminal hair in your scalp that is not affected because DHT is no longer in the hair shaft and there is no sebum a waxy substance that retards hair growth along with the shaft being clogged with dirt and oil from pollutants and hair products.

I've heard mixed reviews but that sounds like what people think it does - is this all just what people think happens or has anyone proved this? Either way I'm using it haha..

Comment

• ChrisM
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by redy
        I've heard mixed reviews but that sounds like what people think it does - is this all just what people think happens or has anyone proved this? Either way I'm using it haha..
        It was proved in clinical trials sometime ago.

The general understanding is mentioned here as to what it does:

Improve your health, lifestyle, diet & nutrition with hair removal news, facts, tips, & other information. Educate yourself about hair removal & help yourself and others live a more...

Comment

• Difthin
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by ChrisM
          Thanks for clearing that up for me, putting in an order of Revita immediately!

Comment

• redy
            • Jun 2013

Is using the 1% dosage 2x weekly as effective as 2% 1x weekly?

Comment

Working...