+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Follica

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    No one seems to know, some articles even published they were going into Phase III, Follica is too secretive
    yeah but I don't necessarily think that's all a bad thing. Obviouslu it would be nice to know what they're ding but at least they're not whoring their product all over the place like Replicel did before phase I release or Aderans with Ji Gami

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    yeah but I don't necessarily think that's all a bad thing. Obviouslu it would be nice to know what they're ding but at least they're not whoring their product all over the place like Replicel did before phase I release or Aderans with Ji Gami
    Well we know they have at least one product in human trials as it's clearly stated on their funders website

http://www.puretechventures.com/pipeline.php

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    It's not such a factor, and the hair IS for you. To satisfy your perceived issue. I am a NW6 and own it, so I know all about how people view me.. and it's not bad at all. Would I look better with hair? Probably, but it's not gonna kill me.
    I mean, if I was 30 I wouldn't give a shit, but I'm 22. I'm very thankful that it seems the only thing I didn't do pretty alright with in the gene pool was MPB, but at this early of an age that's all people will notice.

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    I mean, if I was 30 I wouldn't give a shit, but I'm 22. I'm very thankful that it seems the only thing I didn't do pretty alright with in the gene pool was MPB, but at this early of an age that's all people will notice.
    I said the same thing at 22. You'll still care at 30 trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    I mean, if I was 30 I wouldn't give a shit, but I'm 22.
    If you care now, you will care when you're 30 too. Your brain doesn't automatically think "oh I'm 30 now don't give a shit about my hairloss anymore"
    Doesn't work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    If you care now, you will care when you're 30 too. Your brain doesn't automatically think "oh I'm 30 now don't give a shit about my hairloss anymore"
    Doesn't work like that.
    This

I turned 29 last month and I care as much (if not more) now as I did when I was 22. In fact, I shouldn't have cared when I was 22 as my hair loss was hardly noticeable. It still isn't that noticeable though my hair line has receded. You think late 20s early 30s is ages away but it isn't, and it comes fast.

You might be lucky in that by the time you are 30, there may be a very effective treatment. I'm hoping it will be sooner.

Well said, last 3 posters.

I think sometimes people believe that "when you are older you will be in a certain place" where it all shouldn't matter. To quote a wise man, "Life - you can't plan it." Aesthetics matter, granted to some more than others.

Losing your hair should never be assumed to be "easier" at any age.

Unhappy

I think the blog is (unfortunately) just regurgitating press releases/poor journalism. There's a brief interview with Dr Garza just published recently on another hair loss forum, and if we accept his answers as truthful, then Follica sound far, far behind. I'm now even doubting that they are in clinical trials at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    I think the blog is (unfortunately) just regurgitating press releases/poor journalism. There's a brief interview with Dr Garza just published recently on another hair loss forum, and if we accept his answers as truthful, then Follica sound far, far behind. I'm now even doubting that they are in clinical trials at all.

Yeah I saw his interview. His answers seemed quite evasive so I'm hoping that he (and Follica) are just keeping their cards close to their chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post

Why would Follica's own financial backing PUBLICLY lie about their clinical trials status on their own website?