+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hydrogel means a gel that is primarily water. The gel in the trial is porous like a sponge in a manner that new cells can move into it easily. The gel is also digested by the body as well, I think. There is no reason to think other hydrogels would work the same. I posted the instructions for how to make the proper hydrogel from the study. We could try to have a lab produce it, or wait until it goes into veterinary and look for a real supplier at that time. That said ,they have stated new hair follicles form where the skin grows back, so I think we should try harder to find someone to create this for us.

Quote Originally Posted by lothar99 View Post
    Hydrogel means a gel that is primarily water. The gel in the trial is porous like a sponge in a manner that new cells can move into it easily. The gel is also digested by the body as well, I think. There is no reason to think other hydrogels would work the same. I posted the instructions for how to make the proper hydrogel from the study. We could try to have a lab produce it, or wait until it goes into veterinary and look for a real supplier at that time. That said ,they have stated new hair follicles form where the skin grows back, so I think we should try harder to find someone to create this for us.
    I'm down for trialing!

Could contact Kane perhaps? He might be able to, if we show him the study.

I'd bet a pharmacist could compound this so ridiculously easily. I will inquire and I would be willing to trial this too.

I am also game for this trial, please post the method to creating this so that we can give it to a pharmacist. Does anyone know what the price of something like this would cost?

kickstarter

pay chemist

peace sign

I wonder if this stuff would make the scar from an FUT nearly invisible if applied soon enough after the procedure? Cheaper than an FUE and if the whole thing goes south you could still shave your head without the embarrassing evidence of the transplant on the back of your head.

Would be especially interesting if new follicles developed at the incision site like they did for the burn wounds. That would be cheap donor regeneration, though with FUT you'd run out of scalp eventually, haha. Would Hydrogel on an FUE puncture site regenerate a follicle?

Anyway, I'd give this plus dermarolling a shot if/when it's available, I just wonder if the wound would be severe enough to signal that kind of regeneration. It's definitely worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    I am also game for this trial, please post the method to creating this so that we can give it to a pharmacist. Does anyone know what the price of something like this would cost?
    Already posted it.

If we ask Kane to produce it we should also mention that there are a ton of people at acne.org that are interested in this, and they have talked about having it made as well, but never followed through (though they did contact Oprah and other things in an attempt to raise awareness about it...lol. That Facebook page that looks official-ish was created by one of them as well, I believe.). I think production of this needs to be followed precisely so as to not compromise the porous nature of the gel. Also does anyone know if pigs grow hair from wounding the same way rats do? If pigs don't normally grow new follicles from wounding that would be good, because they still mention new follicle formation in the large animal study presentation that is coming up in 5 weeks.