+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default RIP Bryan Shelton — Hair Loss Researcher Extraordinaire

Hey guys,

I don't know if you know Bryan Sheldon, sometimes known as Bryan on many Hairloss forums. He was very knowledgeable about Hairloss treatments and was one of the best posters I have ever came across. Unfortunately, I just found out he passed away 2 weeks ago. Rest in peace brother and thank you for all your contributions over the last decade.

It's a shame he never got the chance to see Hair multiplication come to fruition. He was always very enthusiastic and did a lot of research to keep everyone up to date.

Wherever you are Bryan, we wont forget you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9ZkMUv3_5U
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Following excerpt is from: Hairlosscure2020

http://hairlosscure2020.com/author/a..._redirect=true

i would have preferred to continue making optimistic posts related to new hair loss cure related developments, and was in fact not planning to post at all today. However, I just learnt that one of the all-time legendary personalities of the hair loss forums, Bryan Shelton, passed away on September 16th, 2013. He was only 63, and had stopped posting on hair loss forums during the past year. I was curious as to what had happened to him and guessed he must be sick, since in all the years I have frequented hair loss forums, Bryan was one of the few constants. Perhaps the only constant, when excluding the people who ran or owned these forums.

Bryan seemed to have more hair loss and hair related knowledge than any other poster out there. I say “seemed to” because once people such as Bryan cross a certain threshold of expertise in this field, I am not the best person to figure out the legitimacy of what they are saying. Some of Bryan’s posts were at a level that was too complicated for me to comprehend fully. Luckily, most of Bryan’s posts involved presenting interesting ideas, offering advice when asked, or legitimately correcting people. Bryan was almost always correct as far as I could tell.

I was surprised to learn that Bryan had no college education. Even more impressive, Bryan tended to do a lot of his research at libraries. I suppose it is not surprising, considering that he grew up in an era without the internet. When a journal article could not be found online, Bryan would find it at a library.

I encourage readers to search for Bryan Shelton’s posts on all the hair loss forums and message boards out there. On several, he has close to 9,000 posts! As you will see from his posts, Bryan’s expertise will be greatly missed. For me, Bryan’s demise represents the end of an era during which hair loss medications, hair transplants, and wigs were our best hope. Hair multiplication, hair cloning and stem cell related treatments now seem close to a reality. It is too bad Bryan will not witness the final cure when it arrives.

It says a lot that I never met Bryan, never saw his picture, and maybe only interacted with him on the forum 1-2 times in all these years. Yet I think enough of him to type such a lengthy post.

I remember him from the hairlosshelp forum. To be honest at the time I found him a bit argumentative.

Didn't know the guy obviously but this is sad news.

RIP

never knew him or saw him post, so I won't remember or miss him. But in any case, RIP and a shame that he didn't see the cure.

Epic battles between Bryan and S Foote on ***. Damn shame. I have said it before......the guy has forgot more about hairloss than most of us will ever know. Agree with him or not, Bryan invested himself in this condition. Our community has lost a fighter.

RIP Bryan, check any english-speaking mpb forum worth its salt and you'll find his wisdom throughout.

Lots of helpful posts on HairLossForum. RIP

Wow, I remember him from *** forum, extremely dedicated and knowledgeable
    RIP

I'm not saying this in a disrespectful way as he was someone with huge knowledge, but wasn't he exposed as secretly being a salesman for some doctor called Proctor?

Rest in peace brother!

rest in peace, bryan.