+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromUK View Post
    I'm not saying this in a disrespectful way as he was someone with huge knowledge, but wasn't he exposed as secretly being a salesman for some doctor called Proctor?
    It was no secret he just pushed that stuff, constantly. Salesman or not, it made no sense to question others and their products while giving Proctor/his products a pass and call them the OBVIOUS(I'm sure he's laughing right now) thing to use. Starting over 15 years ago until about a year ago.

Having said that..as I've said elsewhere- his passing his sad and yes, he will be missed by many ppl for various reasons.

If anyone comes across an obituary or anything...please let us know.

Wow Hair loss talk was the first hair loss forum I became a member of back in 2009, and I always saw Bryan post. RIP Bryan, never really talked to him, but noticed he was very confident in his knowledge of hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromUK View Post
    I'm not saying this in a disrespectful way as he was someone with huge knowledge, but wasn't he exposed as secretly being a salesman for some doctor called Proctor?
    I've always thought that all of the obvious shills you see on these forums were so stupid because they were so obvious. If they would just actually spent some time and gradually became a known member they could easily influence tons members to buy their product. However, there are actually a few people on some forums I suspect aren't stupid and have actually employed this tactic...

Quote Originally Posted by Bocaj View Post
    It was no secret he just pushed that stuff, constantly. Salesman or not, it made no sense to question others and their products while giving Proctor/his products a pass and call them the OBVIOUS(I'm sure he's laughing right now) thing to use. Starting over 15 years ago until about a year ago.

Having said that..as I've said elsewhere- his passing his sad and yes, he will be missed by many ppl for various reasons.

If anyone comes across an obituary or anything...please let us know.

I am not sure he pushed those products. Perhaps if someone asked him for advice, he would praise those products, but I do not remember him constantly promoting them.

Trust me..he did. He went way out of his way to do so. Calling it the "OBVIOUS" choice, etc. Questioned everything else under the sun while giving Proctor stuff a pass. Etc etc. Whether he did it for kicks or money or ?..who knows..it was just- get ready for this...obvious.

BTW..did anyone come across a death notice or obituary or anything?

hi guys i have posted about bryan on a new thread as i did not see this one and only found out a day ago about his passing i was asking for him as i did not get my usual answer i thought where has he gone so he will be sorely missed as to him promoting proxiphen he was not nothing to do with dr proctor allthough he studied the ingredience of many formulas his thinking was that there maybe many hairloss antiandrogens that are new and have come and gone over the years only to find they did nothing for hair loss he did say ru was a top anti but said the ingredience of proxiphen and being non alcohol and propglychol free made it one of the best products for mpb and i think he was right although its pricey and may not work on everyone it has some good results.
    I myself have looked into it many times and because it has minoxidil+spiro and sods in it may help some of us that normal minox does not and i have spoken to dr proctor many times and the product can be used every other day when you have results and its only once a day application the only problem is some say its a really thick cream and hard to apply but it does not have to go over the full scalp.
    In bryans studies he thought that sprironolactone was as good as most antiandrogens and is as good as ru and does not cause systemic side effects its very interesting the study he did on antiandrogens.
    He was i think talked to very rudly by some and i and some others came to his aid but there was no need for some of it.
    Anyway rip bryan from david in uk.

I remember Bryan from the old days in HLH, extremely knowledgable and he offered a lot in these forums.

I am sorry to hear that he passed away.

I am also sorry to hear some people calling him a shill. You have to understand that docs, clinics etc are trying to get respected posters on board like Bryan to gain more exposure and credibility on the forums. They approach them is not like Bryan had a master plan spending all his time researching, helping and posting so that he can in the end promote proctor!

I don't know if proctor got bryan onboard at some point , but even if he did Bryan deserved it for all the time he spend on forums his help and informative posts. One thing i am sure though about the guy is that if he didn't believe that these products work to an extend he wouldn't support them.

Basically for me proctors products were overpriced kitchen sink approach to products that worked like minox and anti androgens.

The excuses ppl make......

Pres. Prox is a hairline treatment