How to best use Rogaine - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default How to best use Rogaine

Hi all,

I've been using Men's 5% Rogaine for almost 2 mos now and I'm looking for advice on the best way to apply it.

My hair thinning is diffuse and I started with the men's liquid form. I didn't realize how difficult it was going to be to apply it. My initial start was spotty...just applying randomly. Then I started creating a sort of grid...separating the hair in lines/parts and distributing the liquid down the parts. Then I read that many women are finding the foam works better.
    Curious to know how you think it is best applied???? I could use some pointers! I did the same thing with the foam and just started distributing it down the parts I created in my hair. Needless to say, I use A LOT each application and feel that so much ends up on my hair too. If I put it on my hands first in then put to my scalp, I think most would end up on my hair.

Would love to hear from you if you experience a similiar problem or have found a great technique! Also, if you have overall thinning, are you using a lot of the product every day just to cover the areas? Thanks!

Default Rogaine

Hi,

I'm a woman and I've been using a generic form of liquid rogaine for "men" on my eyebrows twice daily. The results are miraculous! My eyebrows are again full and lush, like they were when I was in my 20's, and I don't have to wear eyebrow makeup anymore. Since my results were so good, I bought Rogaine Foam for men, and began applying it 2 times daily, on the vortex of my scalp, just 2 days ago. I'm hoping this will make my hair thicker, since it's gotten a lot thinner lately. The foam is easy to use, and I will post again in about 6 months to share the results.

I used the liquid years ago and I hated how greasy and difficult it was to apply. I only used it for 3 weeks and it really dried and cracked my scalp. I started the foam a few months ago and it is much easier to use with less irritation. I spread my hair apart to where I can see my scalp and squirt a little foam on and rub it in for a few seconds. I do this on several spots on the crown and moving toward the hairline. Then I let it dry. I also only apply it to dry hair.