+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I really don't get it you guys say that donor looks great. Yes, there's still hair but if you compare it to a part that was never used, like the part close to his temples ( https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s5afwai9h...004_221616.jpg ) , it looks to me that at least half of the hair is gone ( https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s5afwai9h...004_022319.jpg ) . If you put half of his donor on top of the scalp, you would see similar results, right ?

Again, HST has been a great solution for Gaz, his scalp just looks so much better than before and having FUE scars was really not an option here. So great decision and great results. But I don't see how this would 'prove' there's any regrowth at all. And then if we look at the facts (like I showed in my analysis), it just seems highly unlikely there's more than 30% regrowth, and it might very well be that there even was no regrowth at all.

Its showing signs of moth-eaten donor minus white dots, not virgin by any stretch of imagination.

If I was GC I would stop with HSts, you might end up with more hair in recipient than in donor, thin donor look shitty when grown out.

Right now you have 50 grafts/cm2 in recipient, in theory that should be dense enough to wear it longer, 2cm or so?

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    Right now you have 50 grafts/cm2 in recipient
    What ??? Are we looking at the same recipient ? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s5afwai9h...004_023535.jpg
    Remember that the front part has always been there, it's the top part where there were no hairs. I'd say it's closer to 15 grafts/cm2 than 50 grafts/cm2. Possibly even lower than 15.

Try to mark what you think is a cm2 and count the hairs. I just did that. With black I marked a part that I thought was a cm2. But even if you make it bigger, like I did in red, there's just no way there's much more than 15 grafts/cm2. Probably even lower than that. And keep in mind, these are HASCI grafts !! So not 2.5 hairs/graft, but 1.3 hairs graft.

http://postimg.org/image/592m5udmx/

If you carefully select a part, and really be liberal on the size of the cm2, you might get it up to 20 grafts/cm2 at best. But on average, I think it's not more than 15. And these are HASCI grafts. So I'd say he has the density of about 7-10 FUE grafts/cm2 in recipient.

And I agree with Didi that you have to ask yourself if you want to continue from here on Gaz. The human mind is trained to see things that are unnatural. If your donor becomes really thin, that will look very unnatural and thus weird. You now have some coverage on top, enough to make it look ok. I don't know if it would be a good idea to add more to your recipient at the expense of creating an unnatural donor look.

If I were you, I'd go one last time, for a small surgery, just to put some hair into the scars and then have a party to celebrate the end result

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post

Take a look at the photo's.
    Just done.

Try to guestimate the size of the recipient area and the amount of hair per cm2.
    Just done. Yeah, and?
    I can see an even distribution of hair onto a former completely slick bald area; that indicates, that practically everything they implanted so far - produced finally healthy terminal hair.

So, thats how many hairs he's gotten there now ?
    Try to find all gc's BEFORE photos and feel free to count all the hairs you can see now - with the help of gc's AFTER photos.

And would that same result have been impossible with FUE ?
    Concerning the recipient area result/yield - not at all. Of course it's also possible with normal FUE - basically.

Concerning the look of the donor area thereafter, and THAT'S the point - feel free to compare:

gc's donor area after around 5000 HST grafts:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh...mhRnO1sTMGN5kw

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh...mhRnO1sTMGN5kw

James Bald's donor area after ???? FUE grafts:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...&postcount=181

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12643610.jpg

By the way: Could you please try to guestimate the size of James Bald's recipient area and the amount of hair per cm2? Thanks in advance ...

I am looking at the photo above and it looks like there cant be 50 grafts /cm2.

But I thought Hasci implants 30-35 grafts per cm2 on slick bald scalp and that was the case with GC and last procedure was to thicken it up and bring it to 50. Maybe thats wrong.

Anyway,if he has 15 g/cm2 then theres no way GC has 4 000 - 5000 grafts in recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    I am looking at the photo above and it looks like there cant be 50 grafts /cm2.

But I thought Hasci implants 30-35 grafts per cm2 on slick bald scalp and that was the case with GC and last procedure was to thicken it up and bring it to 50. Maybe thats wrong.

Anyway,if he has 15 g/cm2 then theres no way GC has 4 000 - 5000 grafts in recipient.
    Reallistically I think he has slightly less than 15g/cm2. Really, try marking what you think is a cm2 on different spots. Reallically, I'd say he has about 15 *hairs*/cm2. I'd also guestimate his recipient to be about 300 cm at best. So that's at best about 4500 hairs in recipient. At 2.5 hairs/grafts (like with a FUE), that would amount to a total of 1800 grafts. So, an 1800 graft FUE would have given the same result.

If anybody disagrees with me, then prove me wrong: do mark a few times a spot on his his scalp that you think is a square cm. Count the hairs. Count an average. And please prove me wrong. I think it's impossible.

300cm2..no way.. average NW6 is 200-250 cm2. he was nowhere near NW6.Think Thane.

IMO his bald area was 10cm x 10cm in the worst case scenario, that's 100cm2 and he should have 4500 FUs growing in this area...that's 45 grafts per cm2...

Reallistically I think he has slightly less than 15g/cm2. Really, try marking what you think is a cm2 on different spots. Reallically, I'd say he has about 15 *hairs*/cm2. I'd also guestimate his recipient to be about 300 cm at best. So that's at best about 4500 hairs in recipient. At 2.5 hairs/grafts (like with a FUE), that would amount to a total of 1800 grafts. So, an 1800 graft FUE would have given the same result.

If anybody disagrees with me, then prove me wrong: do mark a few times a spot on his his scalp that you think is a square cm. Count the hairs. Count an average. And please prove me wrong. I think it's impossible.
    Arashi what are you smoking lol 300cm2

Dude, you're so far off. I'll take some pictures later and upload a 1cm2 area, hows that?