+ Reply to Thread

Default 3 1/2 with Rogaine and still shedding? Please help.

Hi guys, I am in the early process of using Rogaine. I am 17 years of age, and I am in my 3rd week of Rogaine. I was at a point where the shedding stopped with a few hairs going, but this past week has been pretty bad. I have been brushing my hair back and forth with my hand (dry hair) and there has been some mild/severe shedding. I am just wanting to know how normal this is. I haven't been seeing any improvements nor differences in my frontal hairline, but there has been some thinning throughout my hair which seems like a normal side affect in the beginning stages.

I just want to know how normal this is for the first stages, and if any of you have experienced the same.

By the way, my hairloss is in the temples. It seems to be at NW2.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakewheat View Post
    I just want to know how normal this is for the first stages, and if any of you have experienced the same.
    Shedding is a normal part of the process of treatment. During the first year of treating my hair loss I went through three separate periods of shedding.

I haven't been seeing any improvements nor differences...
    It takes four to six months before you will know if Rogaine will work for you. It takes 12 to 18 months before you will know how well Rogaine works for you. There is no way to speed the process up.

Rogaine works best in the vertex and mid-anterior. Some lucky guys are able to regrow lost hair from the temples but that is not the norm. All you can do is try and hope for the best. If after 18 months you see no improvement, then you will know that you fall into the norm.

Hi guys, I am in the early process of using Rogaine. I am 17 years of age, and I am in my 3rd week of Rogaine. I was at a point where the shedding stopped with a few hairs going, but this past week has been pretty bad. I have been brushing my hair back and forth with my hand (dry hair) and there has been some mild/severe shedding. I am just wanting to know how normal this is. I haven't been seeing any improvements nor differences in my frontal hairline, but there has been some thinning throughout my hair which seems like a normal side affect in the beginning stages.

Thanks!
    Hair loss in the temples is normal as your hairline matures and for most men it seldom comes back. Shedding of the hair is a normal process on meds like Minoxidil as new hair is coming up the follicle shaft replacing the old miniaturized hair with a stronger terminal hair. Anagen, Catagen, Telogen are the phases of hair growth. This is a slow and boring tutorial but part one should explain why the shedding and it has a brief blurb saying when DHT comes into it what happens via Male Pattern Baldness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcU8vBfEJEU