+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I would say NW2 at the worst. Hair still looks pretty damn good.
    Thanks for the response. That's where I see myself as well, within that range of NW1.5 (if it existed) to NW2, depending on if I am having anxiety attacks or not lol.

I'm glad I snapped a few photos back when I was 16 (time flies...) that allows me to compare with the current. Fortunately, the hairline has been fairly steady over the past 6 years. What's in store for the next six years? Who the hell knows ! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'd visit a HT surgeon for an evaluation but not for a HT but for tracking purposes and recommendations. NO HT. Most likely they will tell you to get on fin. Photos can be deceiving from lighting and hair does grow in cycles 6-7 years maybe your in that cycle? However hair might come back miniaturized setting up for MPB?
    Thanks for the response.

I have visited a few dermatologists and they all concluded that the hair in its current state looked good and that I should keep on top of it. While I respect their opinions, I just feel some dermatologists have no idea what the heck they are talking about when it comes to hair loss.

I plan on visiting an actual HT clinic sometime this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I suppose the crown could look a bit more full from looking at the last set of crown pics. Do whatever gets this off of your mind op. If rogaine will help you stop worrying about this so much try it. If jumping on fin will help you stop worrying about this so much try it. But seriously your hair looks great at least go get yourself a hot girlfriend your hair is not at all holding you back from doing that.
    Thanks for the response Mike.

I'm usually pretty good with the worrying, but every couple of months I get anxiety and I have a few days where I go nuts over my hair. Honestly, sometimes I believe its my mind playing games with me.

The first few images I took of the crown had some fairly bright lighting on them, though I too believe there is a bit of thinning. I had also split my hair to really expose the area; if I place my hair like I normally do (crown pics 4-5), it looks alright for the time being.

What makes me laugh about all of this is that I am not fighting for my hair just to pickup chicks, its more for myself. It's really me vs myself, add in a touch of OCD and you got a young man taking pictures of hair, in a damn bathroom for an hour. I could write a movie about this obsession, though I'm not sure what genre it would be: Comedy or Horror?

Honestly, I believe everyone on this message board is capable of picking up chicks, with or without hair. There is much more to the science of the opposite sex than the hair on our heads. Sure, it may help if you're early twenties (around my age), but from 25 and on, I've noticed that most chicks don't really care all that much. In my opinion, being in great shape can be much more beneficial (for looks and health). A good example is my tenant; slick bald head, great shape....bangs more than a hammer on a construction site. I guess accepting it is really one of the best cures, but who knows anymore!

Hey guys, how's everyone doing? Well I told myself I would only check back here every couple of months, just to update the current status of my hair. So here it goes. As of right now, I have only been using Nizoral 2% once or twice a week. So far, the crown has fared ok; it seems to have stayed the same. Right now I'm worrying about the other beast in the front. The left temple has pretty much stayed the same, but I'm wondering about the right side. Can anyone give an idea of where I am on the Norwood scale? The side shot actually looks not bad, but when I take the picture from higher up I feel as though it looks worse.

If the pictures aren't clear enough I have a ton more (unfortunately lol).

Thanks.

Also if anyone wants me to chime in on their threads I'd be happy to!

you are receded a little bit, but it doesn't appear to be advancing.
    your hair is still thick though.
    your hair is great at the moment, and is definitely "mature" actually, pretty textbook "mature"
    you should be on the lookout for problems, and if it worries you this much you may want to just start taking fin at a small dosage and forget about it, but you don't need to regrow anything at the moment. it would be purely to stop you from freaking out and potentially stop it from potentially getting worse.