+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What HT Doc is Better than Dr. Rahal?

can anyone recommend a HT surgroen who's better than dr. rahal?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by koolx View Post
    can anyone recommend a HT surgroen who's better than dr. rahal?
    There has never been a hair transplant doctor competition where a winner emerged and all competitors were rated. There are doctors who used to do bad work who now do great work and there are doctors who have a fan following that aren't very good to put it bluntly. I have never seen Dr. Rahl's work so perhaps a hair transplant veteran who has had multiple surgeries from various doctors including Dr. Rahl could chime in. One patient's opinion isn't going to be conclusive though. Perhaps there should be a hair transplant Olympics. Since there isn't an "Olympics" a question like yours can not be answered accurately/objectively.

You will get a lot of opinions though.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 09-23-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Koolx,

For whatever it's worth, IMHO there are approximately 60 or so talented ethical HT surgeons world-wide. And there are undoubtedly more that I am not aware of especially those who appear to clearly have the potential to be great.

There are some that should not be in this field period. I know of some who have been doing HTs for decades and their work is no better than when they started.

For the past 33 years since first researching this industry, I came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as "the best" or one who is rated as the number one in the pack so-to-speak. Of course as was already stated, many may come here and state otherwise. Many happy patients will automatically feel that their surgeon is the best because they are happy and satisfied.

I encourage people to look at the individual's work and results along with the doctor's ethics. Does the work look natural with high artistic merit such as hairline design and implementation? Does it have aesthetic appeal? Was the yield in the upper ranges? Is there a connection between the doctor and yourself?

Remember every doctor has a botched case now and then but their overall reputation and results are what count.

And every time a botched case goes viral in the forums, suddenly that doctor is considered terrible discounting the hundreds of cases that are awesome. I think this issue came up in another thread you were posting in.

There are reasons that you are attracted to Dr. Rahal. He does good work and I highly doubt that you would be dissatisfied unless something beyond his or your control would happen.

I have thought about results from varying HT doctors being formally rated. There have been varying threads put up over the years. The problem with this is that everyone sees something different. Everyone has varying opinions and even some are shilling for their next free or discounted procedure! It can drive you nuts.

I had four separate procedures from 3 different HT surgeons and no one and I mean "no one" has ever looked at my hair and asked if I had a HT procedure. I get compliments on my hair and especially for my age. Whenever I tell someone that I had four separate HT procedures, they are shocked and some think I am being less than truthful until I show them some before and after pics.

Look at my pics at my blog in this community and tell me what you think of my hair after three separate doctors worked on me. And if you want to include Drs. Mwamba and Bisanga, that makes five doctors.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Ive yet to see more natural looking results on the hairline than from Rahal...There are a handful of great guys out there though.

My favorite results I've seen have been from: Hasson & Wong, Dr. Cole, and Dr. Shapiro. All do excellent work and have different techniques. If you can travel on the cheap Dr. Hakan Doganay has been posting some stellar results also.

I agree this is cosmetic surgery and not every case is going to turn out perfect and sometimes for whatever reason it can turn out horribly bad. What is important to note and is most telling is how the clinic handles the case.

When a patient is bashed, attacked or sued because of voicing their distress than I would say it was handled very badly by the clinic. I tend to believe the way people treat others could very well be the same way they might treat me.

When you tell the truth there is nothing to remember. Always best to meet posters and patients in person as the freest speech is that which is done in person. If you have been around the block enough you can usually pick up on when someone is full of crap and they might not there to help you but help themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post

When a patient is bashed, attacked or sued because of voicing their distress than I would say it was handled very badly by the clinic. I tend to believe the way people treat others could very well be the same way they might treat me.
    wat do u mean by a patient being sued for voicing his opinions against an HT doc? how can something like this be poss? i think u made a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Koolx,
    Look at my pics at my blog in this community and tell me what you think of my hair after three separate doctors worked on me. And if you want to include Drs. Mwamba and Bisanga, that makes five doctors.
    but why 5 HT docs? thats too much! also, i couldnt find ur blog. can u post the link?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by koolx View Post
    wat do u mean by a patient being sued for voicing his opinions against an HT doc? how can something like this be poss? i think u made a typo.
    Several years ago, I was threatened by a website administrator with a lawsuit for being critical of a hair transplant doctor's work. There is no law against opinions though.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

I agree, telling the truth requires "no memory bank"!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Several years ago, I was threatened by a website administrator with a lawsuit for being critical of a hair transplant doctor's work. There is no law against opinions though.
    but ur only telling ur opinion of this doc's work on u. ur not commiting any slander. i really dont believe u, with all due respect.

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    I agree, telling the truth requires "no memory bank"!
    gillenator, i asked u about ur blog before.. but u didnt post a link. can u please post it? thanks.