+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Still, you got very close to your goal and the result should be very nice with 3340 grafts!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Still, you got very close to your goal and the result should be very nice with 3340 grafts!
    Yeah I'm at about 9 months post op now and I'm thrilled with the results, now the problem is I just need to figure out which bank I need to knock off to fund round two, lol

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Yeah I'm at about 9 months post op now and I'm thrilled with the results, now the problem is I just need to figure out which bank I need to knock off to fund round two, lol
    but $4/graft.. damn thats very steep!! cant rahal give a discount at least being that its so damn expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by koolx View Post
    but $4/graft.. damn thats very steep!! cant rahal give a discount at least being that its so damn expensive?
    That's not expensive. If you look at the asking prices from top doctors, that's right in line. I had a transplant with a non-IAHRS doctor, and that's basically what I paid.

You definitely get what you pay for. If you only knew how many guys I have dialogued with over the years who were lured by a cheap price and got whacked.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Most every good doctor charges $3-$4/graft for strip. You can get a 15% discount or similar from most doctors if your schedule is flexible enough to take a last minute cancellation spot.

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    You definitely get what you pay for. If you only knew how many guys I have dialogued with over the years who were lured by a cheap price and got whacked.
    excellent point, gillenator.. didnt think about it in that way.

Most every good doctor charges $3-$4/graft for strip. You can get a 15% discount or similar from most doctors if your schedule is flexible enough to take a last minute cancellation spot.
    so maybe rahal may offer such a discount, maybe?

so maybe rahal may offer such a discount, maybe?
    He definitely does. Unless it changed it's 15%. The only issue is you have to be ready to fill a spot at short notice, which is an issue for most people because the planning phase and making sure people don't know you had a procedure is important to most.

He definitely does. Unless it changed it's 15%. The only issue is you have to be ready to fill a spot at short notice, which is an issue for most people because the planning phase and making sure people don't know you had a procedure is important to most.
    ahhh! i see.. even if it could be short notice, the 15% does come in handy big time!

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

This is a pretty decent thread.

First off, Dr. Rahal is excellent. I've never met him but I see plenty of patients who have gone to him and speak highly of him.

Second, every doctor has a few unhappy patients. Remember surgery is not math, where 2 + 2 always is 4, but its more like cooking, where different ingredients, cooked in a different kitchen, albeit by the same cook USUALLY turn out consistently but not always. Reputable doctors make every effort to get a great result, but it simply doesn't always happen.

Third, Gillenator is right, be wary of prices that seem too good to be true.

Fourth, yes often clinics have an open day or one that opens unexpectedly...we do, and yes to fill a date quickly many, including us, will give a discount. Its really never the money that gets the patient to commit in those cases, its really paying the patient to accept the inconvenience of an unplanned absence from work...where as if one schedules they have lots of time to prepare. Depsite a last minute discount...we often have trouble filling a sudden opening, people work and have family lives and just can't switch into a date with short notice. Hence the deposit is to pay the staff for that day even though they aren't working...but they have bills that continue to acrue too.

Good thread with lots of topics.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile