+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

And sorry about the bad writing in the opening post...predictive typing went a bit mad.

Hey guys. I am new here but I would love to see how this stuff regrows your hairline.

I am 31 and have a receding hairline. I hear we can stop the loss nowadays. Anyone know how?

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    It's a pill that works similar to finasteride but it's stronger. So ideally, you want to drop finasteride and start using dutasteride.
    When switching from 1mg Fin, should one go for 0.5mg Dutasteride? Would that be a stronger treatment and should I just drop Fin and take Dut one day?

I'm just into my 3rd month of taking 0.25mg fin daily. Noticed hairline regrowth after just 2 months (actually more like 7 weeks). At first it looked just like when you're applying a concealer and accidentally drop some in front of your hairline and you gotta rub it off. Except it was actual new fricking hair growing there! My temples are also now seeing regrowth. I expected to see regrowth/thickening on top if anything, but I have yet to see any there. Hopefully in the coming months I will.

I can attest to the significance of Dutasteride in the regimen. I was on Finasteride for a 1 year and 3 months. And it just wasn't cutting it in terms of results. A few vellus hairs turned dark but not many but I encountered little to no side effects. My MPB was far too gone or far more aggressive in scale at least a diffuse pattern NW5 declining to NW6. I took just 6 months worth of Dutasteride with Minoxidil and Ketoconazole (already on my routine previously) starting around March of this year mind you and wham not only can I see a hairline but my vellus hair on my crown and vertex grew turning black and gray respectively as I am in my early forties now sitting exactly at the age 42 years old. Adding biotin to the regimen also helped significantly to this improvement and now my hair looks to be reversed back to NW4 and slowly from their back to NW3. The progress has been nothing short of amazing. I will post pictures of my progress in shortly in the upcoming weeks to short comparisons of old pictures months to a year back to where I am now.

lucky people. im nearly 7 months in on 0.5mg dut ed - no regrowth, still losing lots and itchy

The key is catching it early. If I could do it all over, at first signs of loss id start with a low dose of fin for 6-12 months, up dosage if no sides and limited results, see how far fin takes me, if results slow add 0.5mg dut weekly, up dosage if no sides and better results needed etc

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    I can attest to the significance of Dutasteride in the regimen. I was on Finasteride for a 1 year and 3 months. And it just wasn't cutting it in terms of results.
    I will post pictures of my progress in shortly in the upcoming weeks to short comparisons of old pictures months to a year back to where I am now.
    What dosage Dut do you take and how did you transition from Fin to Dut?

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    What dosage Dut do you take and how did you transition from Fin to Dut?
    0.5 mg of Dutasteride. And what I did was I was finishing off my remaining three weeks of Fin so to wean myself off of them I took one Finasteride tablet with one Dutasteride tablet and then spaced them out one every two days while still taking Dutasteride daily and then when my stash lowered significantly I went down to three days until a Finasteride tablet and then eventually it was just Dutasteride. No side effects and then the Dutasteride started kicking ass about three months in.. it was that aggressive in its showing results. In three weeks for me and then week four and week five I looked at my scalp for vellus hairs and seeing what I thought was ashy, gray skin and then I felt it and it was coarse prickly and I realized it was graying hair that had never been there at all and I started getting salt and pepper along the sides.. but keep in mind I use the Dermaroller 1.5 inches twice a week with Minoxidil foam for increased absorption which seems to be working. I use the minox once a day in any event regardless of the roller. I use medical prescription Ketoconazole at 2 percent and I take biotin at 2500mg twice a day. So the results are and have been cumulative based on a steady routine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    0.5 mg of Dutasteride. And what I did was I was finishing off my remaining three weeks of Fin so to wean myself off of them I took one Finasteride tablet with one Dutasteride tablet and then spaced them out one every two days while still taking Dutasteride daily and then when my stash lowered significantly I went down to three days until a Finasteride tablet and then eventually it was just Dutasteride. No side effects and then the Dutasteride started kicking ass about three months in.. it was that aggressive in its showing results. In three weeks for me and then week four and week five I looked at my scalp for vellus hairs and seeing what I thought was ashy, gray skin and then I felt it and it was coarse prickly and I realized it was graying hair that had never been there at all and I started getting salt and pepper along the sides.. but keep in mind I use the Dermaroller 1.5 inches twice a week with Minoxidil foam for increased absorption which seems to be working. I use the minox once a day in any event regardless of the roller. I use medical prescription Ketoconazole at 2 percent and I take biotin at 2500mg twice a day. So the results are and have been cumulative based on a steady routine.

I also noticed avodart really kick in at three months, thickening hair everywhere. My hair is darker than before too.

Wish I had taken pictures now to share. But I guess this will have to do.