Threaded View

Exclamation Drybones Dr Pizarro 700 graft (supposed to be 1300) $4000 procedure

Hey folks.

My name is Tom. I am a 47 year old man who thought his hair was falling out so slowly he didnt need to do much about it. Time and familiarity make excellent bedfellows of denial. We get so used to looking at ourselves we eventually only see what we want to see.

At age 46 and many years of research and skepticism I finally found a lady who was in Orlando and was fairly cheap . I figured I only needed 1000 to 1500 grafts to rebuild my hairline in the front 1/4 inch . She seemed very nice and she charged $3.50 per graft. Her saleslady tried to upsell me using a laser comb from the $4000 to $7000 but I refused.

She took me into the room and drew a hairline that I wanted. She froze my head , took the grafts and two assistants went to work. They took about 4 hours in total from the first cut to make the donor site to the final hair in the recipient.

There are good and bad about most operations. I will start with the good. I am trying to be as objective as one can muster about a highly personal matter such as this.

Her staff was extremely friendly and laughed at my jokes. The Dr was very good about the meds. She went the extra mile. Her saleslady even ordered me fin 2 months later when I called to ask about it.Dr Pizarro was very friendly and said she gave me about 1300 grafts and extra Shampoos and supplies for my $4000.

Here were the drawbacks. Two weeks after the surgery I came to this site and joined up. Much to my chagrin, Dr Pizarro did not have the best of reputations from others. So I did some research and found out she has a horrible reputation. I paid it no mind as each case is different.

However, it was painfully obvious that she did not put in 1300 grafts. My hairline looked like a picket fence but I assumed would thicken as the hairs matured. The doctor made no attempt whatsoever to check back with me. The saleslady wanted referrals and I even got two for her. When I went to have my stitches out, they did a good job but the whole staff acted in a condescending manner like my existence was irrelevant in their world. The Saleslady was being such a jerk I told my friends to look elsewhere .

Months went buy with no word from the Doctor . I tried calling all to get an answering machine. Then after 6 months I did I tried to contact her via email and indicate that the grafts she put in did look healthy so in that sense she did a good job. I never mentioned the lack of grafts or the horrible customer service.

She ignored that email as well. I have since found out she harvested only 700 graft and used an old school needle which caused my picket fence hairline and bubbling at some points on my head. I would not recommend her to anyone because of the above.

However, I want to move on and look at the positive of the hairs she put in. Here are the photos from start to finish.