+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    After 6 months the hairs are not fully mature but this is basically what we have received. It looks great for the hairs that were put in.

[IMG][/IMG]

Unfortunately, the best estimate I can come up with is she only put in 700 grafts. Her follow up was non- existent. She used outdated needle methods because it was cheaper. Her salesperson was self absorbed. The final result was nowhere near what I had expected when I shelled out the $4000 . My final analysis is that she is far more concerned with running an assembly line rather than having happy customers.

I am grateful to Dr Pizarro for the good aspects of it but I do not consider it good value for the money. It ended up being about $5.70 per FUT graft with a needle.
    Hi Drybone. Your hair looks pretty good for an old guy . Is $5 expensive for hair transplants? How old did you say you were? 45?

It looks like she did a good job to me. Why are you so down on her?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohionin View Post
    Hi Drybone. Your hair looks pretty good for an old guy . Is $5 expensive for hair transplants? How old did you say you were? 45?

It looks like she did a good job to me. Why are you so down on her?
    Thank you (I guess lol)

No, the thread is quite technical really. For guys like us who just wanna have better hair , ya she isnt the worst in the world but other guys have got much better value for their money.

I wouldnt go back to her but no she didnt ruin my head or anything.

Why do you keep coming here to derail what the guy is talking about? Are you trying to purposefully wreck his thread by being negative?

You are adding nothing of value.

Drybone:

Your hair looks good but who would you suggest if you dont suggest her?
    Thank you. My hair doesnt look that bad.

I am just a guy who made a choice and I am sharing my experience. I like to give back to the forum as I have learned so much from this place

I chose Dr Pizarro before I found BTT. Compared to others I have seen on here, she did not do a good job and certainly did not seem to care about me as a person in any way.

However, she did not 'butcher' my head nor ruin my scalp . I am so lucky for that as I have read other stories like that.

If you want some honest to goodness advice that you can bank on, try 'Spex' and a guy called 'Gillinator' . There are also sections of doctors who perform 'IHARS' approved surgeries.

Put up a photo or two of yourself so we can see where you are at. I choose not to block my face out but you can do so easily to hide your identity.

Drybone, I am curious as to what you said about biotin: that it made your hair grow quicker. How many milligrams of biotin do you take per day and what brand do you take?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Drybone, I am curious as to what you said about biotin: that it made your hair grow quicker. How many milligrams of biotin do you take per day and what brand do you take?
    Hey !

I took Biotin to get my hair to grow out super fast and it really does work!!!

You can get it at any health food store or even Wall Mart.

It usually comes in 'mcg' (micrograms) so dont let the 5000mcg labels scare you off. Its just 5 grams.

I took 5000mcg per day and some even take 10,000 .

I'm sorry, but I really fail to see how biotin made your hair grow faster. It only helps if the cause of your hairloss is due to a biotin deficiency. If you're losing it because of mpb it's going to do absolutely nothing.

It's the same as people treating their alopecia with zink or vitamines. It's a wasted effort.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    I'm sorry, but I really fail to see how biotin made your hair grow faster. It only helps if the cause of your hairloss is due to a biotin deficiency. If you're losing it because of mpb it's going to do absolutely nothing.

It's the same as people treating their alopecia with zink or vitamines. It's a wasted effort.
    Hey Morbo !

Much to my surprise, biotin does accurate hair and nail growth in my case

Your assertation is correct though. It does not naturally do so just on its own merit. Assuming you have enough, adding more does nothing at all.

However, as a society we are increasingly voiding ourselves of natural foods and in my case i was slightly deficient in the B viatamin so when I took the Biotin my nails and hair grew at the rate they were supposed to which was faster than before.

I am glad you clarified that. Perhaps as we get older we become needy for nutrients and the boost helps. For me it really did boost me up.

Thumbs up

Second of all his hair doesnt look that bad and he has the guts to come on here and explain it to others when he could have just kept the embarrassment to himself.
    Hey dude. I am not trying to make history here. The 'bald truth' (pun intended) is I owe this forum big time. It introduced me to many good folks and that has helped me cope with my hair loss. My wish is to pay it back by sharing my experience.

Sure its embarrassing to know at my age I got suckered in by a referral . I had done 25 years of research into hair transplants and thought I knew it all. But I made the decision to swallow my pride and put the thread up.

I may have known all the nuts and bolts but nobody can know the doctors or how they operate. I wish I had seen a forums like this one. I had to go with the friend who suggested her because she was local, had been there 20 years and had no complaints with the BBB.

My experience with her was a disaster from a customer service point of view. She shorted me on grafts, tried to up-sell me and ignored me the minute she no longer had to talk to me.

Her transplant was fine, but my scalp was pink for 5 months.

As for guys like Dave , you can drive yourself crazy for the rest of your life yelling at guys like that. Do yourself a favor. There is an ignore button. Put him on it.

There are lots of good folks on here. Dont let him discourage you.

p.s.

I have now had a second procedure done and so I am starting a new thread on the new doc. Please put up some photos on your thread so we can see where you are coming from

I am sorry what happened to you. We all make mistakes but I am telling you that you dont look that bad.

Does the procedure hurt? Another question I have is how do I block my face out if I put up photos ? I dont want people knowing what my face looks like, especially after what you just went through with that other guy.

I am sorry what happened to you. We all make mistakes but I am telling you that you dont look that bad.

Does the procedure hurt? Another question I have is how do I block my face out if I put up photos ? I dont want people knowing what my face looks like, especially after what you just went through with that other guy.
    Yes, it does hurt . One of the biggest scams I ever saw with the advertising is how they made it like they were planting a lawn almost. Just sprinkle the seed in there and off we went.

Its no joke . Its blood and guts surgery. . They either punch holes in your head (FUE) or slice a line across your scalp (FUT)

Hair transplants are for guys like us who are over the age of 30, and would not meet realistic cosmetic needs from rogaine or finasteride. Hair transplants should only be considered after hair care, diet , lifestyle changes and medications have been tried.

From what you tell me, I would not consider a hair transplant at all. Go to the forum section on here where they discuss non surgical methods for male pattern baldness.