+ Reply to Thread

Default Shedding after stopping minoxidil

Hi

I was wondering if somebody could help me with clearing a few things up about minoxidil.

I have been on propecia for about 6 months and decided to try minoxidil a few weeks ago. On Monday i shed loads of hair in the shower and similar thing happened yesterday. After the initial shed on monday i stopped taking the minoxidil because its scares the hell out of me and I would rather just see how i get on with propecia- i did have a reasonable head of hair!

My questions are how long will this shed carry on considering I was only applying it for 3 weeks and will the hair I have shed come back?!

I appreciate that it supposed be a positive sign to shed on minoxidil but I have heard some horror stories and don't want to go continue.

Thanks!
    Mike

I've started using minoxidil twice and stopped after about 2/3 weeks both times as well because the shedding scared the crap out of me.

Both times the shedding stopped within a few weeks, I never noticed that my hair looked worse so I guess it all grew back.

Quote Originally Posted by mccs86 View Post
    Hi

I was wondering if somebody could help me with clearing a few things up about minoxidil.

I have been on propecia for about 6 months and decided to try minoxidil a few weeks ago. On Monday i shed loads of hair in the shower and similar thing happened yesterday. After the initial shed on monday i stopped taking the minoxidil because its scares the hell out of me and I would rather just see how i get on with propecia- i did have a reasonable head of hair!

My questions are how long will this shed carry on considering I was only applying it for 3 weeks and will the hair I have shed come back?!

I appreciate that it supposed be a positive sign to shed on minoxidil but I have heard some horror stories and don't want to go continue.

Thanks!
    Mike
    If propecia is working for you should be ok, but if you hair is fine the way it is, why do you want to use it? With that said the first time I went on propecia, I had the best results when I was on it and minox at the same time.

If you don't need more regrowth then I would not use it. But if want more regrowth and don't mind staying on it , the minox should help and yes shedding is normal.

Shedding is bad when you go through shedding/regrowth cycles but over time you grow less back and you can see your loss getting worse. This happened to me years ago when I was on Minox alone and my loss was aggressive.

Thanks for the responses. My hair is definitely receding so that is why I started minoxidil.

I would like some regrowth but as I said the shedding and the risk of it not working is not worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mccs86 View Post
    Hi

Thanks!
    Mike
    Im on it for 6 weeks and am considering stopping. Ive already shed it in the hairline. Will i shed other hairs where minox was NOT applied?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyy View Post
    I've started using minoxidil twice and stopped after about 2/3 weeks both times as well because the shedding scared the crap out of me.

Both times the shedding stopped within a few weeks, I never noticed that my hair looked worse so I guess it all grew back.
    Has anyone got experience whether it comes back after quitting minox?

Firstly if you guys suffer MPB then using minoxdidol will not halt the loss, you need the big 3, then minxoxidol can help. Shedding is normal on regaine I remember using just the for 1 year results were great at 6 months then things started going downhill because the DHT was kicking in, once I added propecia and regenpure things have thickened it up and regrowth was even more better when I added Promox kits.

Hi how long did your shedding last. I am in exactly similar situation as you are in

Mccs86