+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

That's sucks man... What was your dose on RU? I'm on 20mg atm.. haven't experienced any sides yet, think I might bump up to 30mg. My goal is to regrow and thicken my existing hair on RU for a while then maintain on CB in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I totally feel you and had the same side effects from finasteride. However, it sounds like you barely have any hair loss at all so you could perhaps afford to forego finasteride. However, my hair loss is further along than yours and I'm afraid that if I don't continue to take finasteride, I will go bald and quickly.
    This is a false statement. I have very serious diffuse thinning. I can't go anywhere short of a pool without showing the whole world my thin scalp and my NW6 future. I also live in a city viewed as one with the most beautiful people surrounded by beautiful beaches.... Yet I can't go anywhere near one because of pure embarrassment at the sight of water hitting my scalp.

I may not have any "bald spots" but my hair loss is about a NW2.5 at the moment with diffuse thinning throughout. My corners of hairline is currently my most impacted area. It has reached a point that it is now noticeable to others and I am now receiving comments about it. It's the worst feeling in the world because in life I have always been a fighter and challenged anything deemed impossible. But I feel this is a fight I cannot win. I can't defeat genetics and I will no longer challenge my body negatively by filling it with hormone altering experimental drugs. It isn't worth it to me, not after what I experienced with FIN.

Quote Originally Posted by cp9 View Post
    So StayThick, what are you doing now about your hair loss? CB?
    CP, I really only use stimulants at the moment. I have been able to somewhat maintain with Rogaine and just recently started Lipogaine. I use both daily in conjunction with dermarolling (why not) and a few other topicals geared for regrowth.

Unfortunately, FIN didn't cause regrowth or prevent further hair loss for me...that's the ironic part. I just wasn't a good responder, which is why I believe I have been able to maintain with Rogaine. I also get skin related sides from that, but I rather have bags then no hair. It's a frustrating trade-off but that's how important hair is to me.

I've been following CB, but nobody knows the correct vehicle and I am extremely hesitant to try that even with all the hype regarding its safety. Will see. I'll let the pawns start off and then make my move with CB.

Quote Originally Posted by cp9 View Post
    That's sucks man... What was your dose on RU? I'm on 20mg atm.. haven't experienced any sides yet, think I might bump up to 30mg. My goal is to regrow and thicken my existing hair on RU for a while then maintain on CB in the future.
    Started at 50mg, went down to 20mg after 2 days, then 10mg....experienced the same sides on all dosages.

If you haven't experienced red eyes or lack of morning wood already..I'd say you are extremely fortunate. Wish you the best brother. Be safe and cautious if you increase the dosage from there.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Started at 50mg, went down to 20mg after 2 days, then 10mg....experienced the same sides on all dosages.

If you haven't experienced red eyes or lack of morning wood already..I'd say you are extremely fortunate. Wish you the best brother. Be safe and cautious if you increase the dosage from there.
    Thanks brah, I wish you the very best with CB! Keep ur head up, don't let hairloss stop u from doing what u wanna do in life! More treatments are on the way

I would be interested to see how RU every other day changes the side effects. My understanding is that it's that 7% of metabolites that is mildly anti-androgenic and has a long half life that is causing trouble, and probably not RU itself. I have never taken it though.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Like I mentioned, I tried FIN for exactly 1 year, 8 months too long if you ask me. Taking that drug is my biggest regret to date in combating my hairloss, but like many, I was forced in a small corner as I saw where my hairloss was heading and didn't want to go down without a fight.

I forgot to mention 2 other very serious sides I got from RU. The first one was after the very first application.

- Instant tingling and puffiness of my nipples. (Note: the start of gyno was one of many serious sides which ultimately made me quit FIN. Gyno scared the crap out of me and to date is the only side that has refused to away since stopping FIN). When I say gyno I mean the early symptoms, specifically puffy nipples.
    - Brain Fog

RU 100% in my opinion will cause side effects. Who knows the other sides that could have surfaced had I continued usage. I literally stopped short of 2 weeks on it. Realized I was forever done taking any anti-androgen.
    I feel your pain, I wish I had stopped anti-androgens at saw palmetto - I dont think the damage will ever reverse completely IMO.

The question is, how effective is it, or how ineffective is it that is stopping it from being readily available? Why are the only sources to get it some shady online seller? Where are the studies(with pictures) for RU. And I don't mean 2-3 people claiming it works, while being on other hair loss treatments at the same time.

Forget the side effects, if it works and it's available and the side effects are the same as fin, I would give it a try. People think too much about negative side effects, all drugs will give you negative side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    The question is, how effective is it, or how ineffective is it that is stopping it from being readily available? Why are the only sources to get it some shady online seller? Where are the studies(with pictures) for RU. And I don't mean 2-3 people claiming it works, while being on other hair loss treatments at the same time.

Forget the side effects, if it works and it's available and the side effects are the same as fin, I would give it a try. People think too much about negative side effects, all drugs will give you negative side effects.
    I agree. There have been many people who have jumped on the RU band wagon with very little documentation on the product. I don't know if I have looked in the wrong places, but I have seen very few successful documented (w/ pics) cases. And what is with the BS of having to mix it yourself and try different concentrations of this and that. Totally ridiculous, have you seen the asking price for the stuff!?! I wouldn't be opposed to trying a finished product, but no I don't want to be a guinea pig and experiment on myself to try to get the stuff to work.

I was on MBPtreatments 5% RU for 4 or 5 weeks. I think it definately workeed because when I applied it, my MBP itch was completely gone and after 2 weeks or so, my hair had so much more weight and thickness was increased, my scalp was also loose and non inflamed like it was before MBP, it felt so good. I got bad side effects though, ever since the first application, I had testicle pain and after the 5 weeks, I lost complete sexual function. I couldn't feel my genitals at all, it was completely numb, like it wasn't even a part of my body, I had no libido and couldn't even a single erection and I felt so much weaker. I was also getting migraines which I never get. I stopped after the 5 weeks and it took me around 4 or 5 weeks to recover, luckily I did recover fully, apart from the fact I think I'm more sensitive to anti androgens now.