+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Despite the evidence against HST, I still plan to go for a 2nd HST. Am I an idiot?

Even despite all the evidence against donor regeneration that has came to light recently, I still plan to go for my 2nd treatment in December.

The donor regeneration DOES admittedly look suspect. However, the lack of scarring means to me it's still the best option to try to get back a full head of hair. I plan on using HST every year until something better comes along.

In regards to HASCI only implanting 1 hair grafts into the recipient, I actually have a very prominent 3 hair graft right at the front of my hairline that I was a little annoyed they had put in there as I assumed 1 hair grafts were best for a natural looking hairline.

So this does prove that they at least put in SOME 3-hair grafts...

Am I an idiot for wanting to continue with HST?

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post

The donor regeneration DOES admittedly look suspect. However, the lack of scarring means to me it's still the best option to try to get back a full head of hair.
    Surely this is a contradiction in terms. How do you expect to recover a full head of hair with little to no regeneration?

Even despite all the evidence against donor regeneration that has came to light recently, I still plan to go for my 2nd treatment in December.

The donor regeneration DOES admittedly look suspect. However, the lack of scarring means to me it's still the best option to try to get back a full head of hair. I plan on using HST every year until something better comes along.

In regards to HASCI only implanting 1 hair grafts into the recipient, I actually have a very prominent 3 hair graft right at the front of my hairline that I was a little annoyed they had put in there as I assumed 1 hair grafts were best for a natural looking hairline.

I have two 3 hair grafts myself. But 2 on 1600 ... that's not a very good number ...

I don't know your situation. If you have a very thick and dense donor and you can easily lose 1600 grafts in donor without too much impact, I guess you could go. But still, I'd strongly suggest to wait a bit for more info on Mwamba/Nigams. Did you see the interview with Spencer ? Although Mwamba admitted that he doesn't know it works yet, he seemed very confident and hopeful.

Nigams is going to operate (hopefully soon) on a patient called "Thane", look him up, he's like a NW100 with horrible donor. If he's able to give this guy a good amount of grafts, then that would definitely prove his procedure. And in that case, at least to me, it would be a no-brainer where to go for my next procedure ... Cause I don't want to lose again 1600 grafts in donor, even when 1600 grafts means only about 1800 hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I have two 3 hair grafts myself. But 2 on 1600 ... that's not a very good number ...

I don't know your situation. If you have a very thick and dense donor and you can easily lose 1600 grafts in donor without too much impact, I guess you could go. But still, I'd strongly suggest to wait a bit for more info on Mwamba/Nigams. Did you see the interview with Spencer ? Although Mwamba admitted that he doesn't know it works yet, he seemed very confident and hopeful.

Nigams is going to operate (hopefully soon) on a patient called "Thane", look him up, he's like a NW100 with horrible donor. If he's able to give this guy a good amount of grafts, then that would definitely prove his procedure. And in that case, at least to me, it would be a no-brainer where to go for my next procedure ... Cause I don't want to lose again 1600 grafts in donor, even when 1600 grafts means only about 1800 hairs.

Let's not talk as we were so sure there is no regen.

I received an holding reply from Pierre today, he transmitted my 3 e-mails to Dr. Gho himself and we will see what is his answer.

I will not have the reflex to bash Gho because of Mwamba super good news.... they can both exist and will still share a long list of patients///

But for sure, we need transparency, dialogue, but real dialogue, and I even suggested a before after pic of a High NW transformation, explaining that the 85% regen with max 3 procedures was not well accepted here!!!!

And also, I am curious about GC donor area now?

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    Let's not talk as we were so sure there is no regen.

I received an holding reply from Pierre today, he transmitted my 3 e-mails to Dr. Gho himself and we will see what is his answer.

I will not have the reflex to bash Gho because of Mwamba super good news.... they can both exist and will still share a long list of patients///

But for sure, we need transparency, dialogue, but real dialogue, and I even suggested a before after pic of a High NW transformation, explaining that the 85% regen with max 3 procedures was not well accepted here!!!!

And also, I am curious about GC donor area now?
    I'm all for dialogue and proof. But where's the proof from HASCI? What did they do in more than 10 years of running their business to prove their procedure ? All they did was publicize that article in the british journal of Dermatology. And I don't understand why it was even accepted there. Research may only be called science when people can verify it. Since Gho never publicized the contect of their magic elixer, which they deemed as basis of their procedure, nobody could verify their results. So that article by definition was not scientific.

Of course I would love to hear what Gho says and maybe he has a very good explanation for gc's results. And we can't know for sure at this moment that regeneration never happens. Maybe it does happen in some of his patients, even at 85% like they claim. We just don't know. But at this point, looking at everything we know, I just don't think it makes a lot of sense to assume it does.

Short answer, no.

Remind me what is your donor situation like, do you have huge amounts available?

If you're looking for a scarless procedure then it's a no brainer.

I personally believe there is an element of regeneration, but I don't want to turn this into a there is/isn't regen thread.

With news on Mwamba's collaboration with Dr. Nigam and Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus with possible regeneration, I would *strongly* advise to wait and see what happens with the alternartives.

HAsci says 99% of their patients are happy but we have to assume that figure is pulled out of Ghos ass just like 85% regeneration and 2.5 hairs/graft

How about we send him Thane to fix him up. Ultimate challenge.

I honestly think your decision should be based on your current situation and your goals. Myself, i am already satisfied with the result less than 2 months in. A big amount of hairs just kept growing and i can expect more to come out by 6 month mark.

Now for me i dont think doing 2-3 hst total will ruin my donor even if there is no regen and it is splitting. However i am very confident that with 2-3 hst i will be ok hair wise for the next 10 years. Then, in the next 10 years we might get something better.

The big problem for me right now is dissapearing for 10 days and explaining to others why i shaved my head. Otherwise i would be already booking a second one.

It depends on what your definition of regeneration is. My definition is that you take a three hair graft and you implant it into the recipient. After the transplant you have a three hair graft growing in both the donor and recipient, essentially doubling the hair on your head.

Gho's definition seems to be that you take a three hair graft, perform extraction and two hairs grow in the donor and one hair grows in the recipient. I call this splitting hairs.

Gho is providing as close to a scarless transplant as you can currently get, along with less donor depletion than a traditional transplant, but with much worse results in the recipient. If this is what you're after then yes you should proceed with another procedure.