+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

For me its been about 6 weeks in since my hst. Right now my recipient is thin. If it stays this way I will be unhappy. However im hoping im at the lowest point of the hst where everything was supposed to fall ouy and regrow later. If thats the case then im lucky I kept as much as I did as a very decent amount never fell out. I can see more growing around what is already out as well and im hoping in the end even more are still under the skin and it gets reasonably thick. If this is my end result im not super happy but if it grows a decent amount more I will be very happy. Sort of waiting to see

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Surely this is a contradiction in terms. How do you expect to recover a full head of hair with little to no regeneration?
    I don't mind losing some donor.

Before all this regeneration was promised, people would have jumped at the chance to move ANY hair from their donor to their recipient without scars.

I'd like to move as much as possible until the point where my donor starts to appear thin. Then I'd be happy to wait until true hair multiplacation was around.

The way I see it, similar to Gaz's outlook, what is the point of waiting and waiting until your youth is gone. I'm only 28 and would like to have a decent head of hair by my 30th birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I have two 3 hair grafts myself. But 2 on 1600 ... that's not a very good number ...

I don't know your situation. If you have a very thick and dense donor and you can easily lose 1600 grafts in donor without too much impact, I guess you could go. But still, I'd strongly suggest to wait a bit for more info on Mwamba/Nigams. Did you see the interview with Spencer ? Although Mwamba admitted that he doesn't know it works yet, he seemed very confident and hopeful.

Nigams is going to operate (hopefully soon) on a patient called "Thane", look him up, he's like a NW100 with horrible donor. If he's able to give this guy a good amount of grafts, then that would definitely prove his procedure. And in that case, at least to me, it would be a no-brainer where to go for my next procedure ... Cause I don't want to lose again 1600 grafts in donor, even when 1600 grafts means only about 1800 hairs.

Hi Arashi, my donor seems to be pretty thick and I've only had one procedure before now, so if there is zero regeneration and they are splitting hairs as people think is happnening, then theoretically after my next procedure, I'll only have lost 2800 "partial follicles".

I could then go to Nigam after that if he is truly on to something.

THe Thane case does seem very interesting though, so fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    I don't mind losing some donor.

Before all this regeneration was promised, people would have jumped at the chance to move ANY hair from their donor to their recipient without scars.

I'd like to move as much as possible until the point where my donor starts to appear thin. Then I'd be happy to wait until true hair multiplacation was around.

The way I see it, similar to Gaz's outlook, what is the point of waiting and waiting until your youth is gone. I'm only 28 and would like to have a decent head of hair by my 30th birthday.
    Then go now. As spencer said it might take up to a year before Mwamba can confirm (or disprove) Nigams. If you don't mind losing in donor and don't mind spending a small fortune on mostly single hair grafts, then HASCI probably is the best decision anyway. But if you do mind, then I'd surely wait to see what Nigams/Mwamba come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Short answer, no.

Remind me what is your donor situation like, do you have huge amounts available?

If you're looking for a scarless procedure then it's a no brainer.

I personally believe there is an element of regeneration, but I don't want to turn this into a there is/isn't regen thread.
    Apparently my donor is very good Gaz.

But I'm definitely thinking along the same lines as you... This is the best procedure we have right now, no scarring... why wait and wait and wait?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    With news on Mwamba's collaboration with Dr. Nigam and Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus with possible regeneration, I would *strongly* advise to wait and see what happens with the alternartives.
    When do you think we could realistically see results from these guys? and then how long would it take to verify these results?

If it was a matter of months, then I'd wait, if it's years then that's a risk of wasting another two years of my life and spending it balding.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Then go now. As spencer said it might take up to a year before Mwamba can confirm (or disprove) Nigams. If you don't mind losing in donor and don't mind spending a small fortune on mostly single hair grafts, then HASCI probably is the best decision anyway. But if you do mind, then I'd surely wait to see what Nigams/Mwamba come up with.
    I think I may as well go for my next procedure at HASCI and then see what is out there in a years time... that way I'm atleast a step closer to gaining a full head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    When do you think we could realistically see results from these guys? and then how long would it take to verify these results?

If it was a matter of months, then I'd wait, if it's years then that's a risk of wasting another two years of my life and spending it balding.
    We will hear from Dr. Wesley the last week of October. I think the exact date he presents is October 26.