+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Next Evolution In Surgical Hair Restoration - Can This Be What We've Been Waitin

IAHRS accepted Member Dr. Patrick Mwamba of Belgium speaks with Spencer Kobren about his journey to India to investigate the claims of hair loss researcher Dr. Nigam, who believes he has solved the problem of limited donor supply in surgical hair restoration. Can this straight forward approach be the answer for so many hair loss [...]The Next Evolution In Surgical Hair Restoration – Can This Be What We’ve Been Waiting For? is a post from: Hair Loss Show: The Bald Truth

More...

Too expensive, Follica for the win!

It look like it's going to be the same cost as a hair transplant. If you think that this will be too expensive then it's best you spend time working instead of on a forum. All future treatments like these are going to cost good money.

Don't worry man, I think its great what they are doing. I love problem solving which is part of the reason why im on this forum, I see MPB as a puzzle and and I get pleasure trying and solve it.

That being said cost im my opinion is part of the problem we need to solve but if this works then we can work on making it cheaper.

One thing that struck me listening to the interview was denovo regeneration. Dr Mwamba said denovo regeneration was removing the complete follicle just like standard fue and then ensuring there is stem cells for regeneration by injecting them. So isn't this basicly wounding theory just like Follica and the dermarolling trials. The fue punch is making the hole them DP cells and growth factors are introduced. My thoughts are why remove any donor hair, why not just fue punch minaturized hairs in the recipent area or even just bald scalp then ensure the availablitiy of stem cells by injecting a culture of beard dp's plus growth factors. Anyone else make this conclusion?

Cost was never an issue with me, as long as I really believe in a treatment. And I really do salute Dr. Nigam for pushing for innovation in a field where virtually no one else is innovating whatsoever. But unfortunately if the solution is surgical and simply moving hair from one place to another, there will always be major limitations. That being said, I am still excited about this innovation. I really hope that Dr. Nigam investigates further with non-surgical and minimally invasive methods like dermal papilla and cellular hair regrowth.

Major limitations how??? If he can create unlimited donor who gives a crap if it involves surgery?

For Gods sake this was ALL we were asking for all along...

We needed IAHRS surgeon to confirm Nigams claims!!!

Great news!!

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Major limitations how??? If he can create unlimited donor who gives a crap if it involves surgery?
    Because then many people will need to undergo many surgical procedures just to create close to a full head of hair. And that can take many years and loads of money and doesn't address the issue of diffuse thinning. That's why I would love it if Dr. Nigam would explore cellular, minimally-invasive methods to regrow hair like I believe he said that he would. But don't get me wrong though, I am very excited about this news as I've said before. I really applaud Dr. Nigam for innovating in a field where most just seem to be content with status quo of traditional FUT and FUE.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Because then many people will need to undergo many surgical procedures just to create close to a full head of hair. And that can take many years and loads of money and doesn't address the issue of diffuse thinning. That's why I would love it if Dr. Nigam would explore cellular, minimally-invasive methods to regrow hair like I believe he said that he would. But don't get me wrong though, I am very excited about this news as I've said before. I really applaud Dr. Nigam for innovating in a field where most just seem to be content with status quo of traditional FUT and FUE.
    isn't it safe to say that if nigam is right about what he has disclosed so far, that he will be right about regrowing hair without invasive surgery? he's obviously not messing around, that has been confirmed

Default Hasci

One thing I must say, is... the obvious... that Dr Gho has been saying all this for years, Dr Nigam has essentially confirmed what Dr Gho has been doing all along... granted Nigam may be able to improve on this technique and maybe bring some kind of supplemental injection to help with regrowth.

I hope it all pans out, its good to see the legitimisation of Dr Nigams camp, I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief that Nigam is still in the game.

But yeah, second post seconded... Follica FTW.