+ Reply to Thread

Default Minoxidil 4 months on Temples, Sudden Shed

I've been on minox for around 4 months on my temples. I started may 17th. I've taken a few pictures to mark progress, but this month it seemed to regress. Is it possible that this is a shed? And isn't recession?

I am also on Finastride generic, fincar (around a year) and Niz 2%.

http://i40.tinypic.com/11wc0tf.jpg

here is a comparison, it is missing a exact baseline before I started. But these pictures aren't very clear because of the length of my hair. They just give a general idea. And you can clearly see a lose at sept. 12. These are all the right side (the worse)

http://i42.tinypic.com/2qtlbvs.jpg

This pic is from june. It shows a little thinning. But unsure really since my hair is also so long.

http://i42.tinypic.com/19nqeg.jpg
    July, hair is a bit shorter.

http://i44.tinypic.com/35m2vjb.jpg
    Aug 28th, closer shot. Seems to be the same general shape as previously

http://i39.tinypic.com/21jokrd.jpg
    sept 12. before I took this pic I felt my temple area was bigger, so the regression date isn't accurate.The lighting is darker to show the contrast of the past 3 months with bright and this month in the dark. To me it's astounding, is this common to have a shed start around 4 months and recede a hairline that much that quickly? Will it grow back? Will it recede more?

Because overall it looked fairly similar between all of the months and this to me is dramatic. ALSO, I'm not sure if its because my hair is long, but I really didn't notice an increased shed. I rarely notice sheds, it's normally in the shower and thats around 20 hairs. Nothing on my pillow, rarely when I run my hands through my hair.
    So yeah, the current regression plus the unnoticed shed makes me a bit worried. But since there was 15 days between the two events the loss confuses me.

Sorry for the long drawn out post, updates/responses will be more to the point.

I have also been on minox for 4 months, fin for almost 3. I thought I had made up some ground in my second and third month, but this month it looks like I have taken a step back.

so it could be fair to say that this is normal and we may just have to hold out for 2 more months to see the results.

The reason I brought this up was I read that most sheds occur in the first 3 months. And even on minox itself it says that regrowth can be seen by the 4th month. So the 4th month is rather dubious.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

I see the difference when you point out the lines. But at the same time, in the sept pic, you have your head tilted upwards a bit and a tiny tilt can make a dramatic change if you are comparing with lines. It could be the longer hair thats making it hard to see because long hair has a way of making recession look worst when pulled up.

At the same time, the first picture and the last picture, when I look at it closely, the temple's hairline does look more round in the last picture as opposed to the first one which does indicate some sort of recession. But then again. the lighting of the camera usually picks apart the less denser parts of hair and make it look worst than it actually is.

Doubtful, I'll upload some better pics soon.

I'm basing the recession off the corners (which used to be a finger width from the eyebrows)and as you pointed out a more rounder temple area.

Didn't want to add another thread, so just gonna tact this on to my existing.

Anyways, so what I read was miniaturized hairs do not get long. Some say peachfuzz length few cms. But I also read they only get like 2 inches or so then stop.

So could anyone clarify on that? Either personal experience or a reliable source.

Because in some areas I guess I have what you'd call peach fuzz and in other its just less dense but fairly long around the edges. Very confused.

Just reanalyzed my temple region/corners. Like it used to be very thick before I started minox and 4 months in they just thinned out and I guess seems miniaturized. Anyone with any personal experience in this area?

Like if minox was working would it have just shed all the miniaturized not the thick ones? or are those miniaturized just part of the frontal of the hairline? Because there is a gap between the extent of the miniaturized and the new hairline

I know things move slow, so Just throwing up questions. Hoping they get answered of course.