+ Reply to Thread

Default Using the gym effect my hair loss

Hey guys,

I am 20 and I have been taking finasteride(1/4 of 5mg) for the past 2 months and a half. I have seen good results so far. The condition of my hair has improved and it has thickened. I would just like to know, if I start gyming now, would this increase my hairloss and effect the finasteride? As I have heard gyming increases testosterone. I wont be taking any major gym supplements, but only Whey Protein, is that okay?

Dude, let's say that using the gym will increase your hair loss. Are you just gonna stop staying in shape then?

As much as I hate losing my hair, I made a decision that it should not put limitations on other aspects of my life so even if it increases hair loss, I would still go to the gym.

That being said, if you look in the success logs on some other hair loss forums, there are people on finasteride who have been able to retain their hair and said that going to the gym and drinking milk had no effect on their hair loss.

However, some people also claim that when they go to the gym they shed more hair. I don't know which is true but I know that after a good gym session, I momentarily forget about my hair and feel really good about myself.

Good Luck!

If you're getting results that soon you're responding well.

I don't think making your body healthier will ruin that, however keep in mind that technically you're supposed to "stabilize" between 12-18months on fin anyway.

I personally won't sacrifice my gym for my hair, as the hair is already going. If I end up cutting my hair any shorter, you're damn well going to be seeing my keep my muscle mass. I had a pretty severe injury to my back from the gym about a year ago and I'm just recovering now. I feel so much better going back to the gym instead of laying around feeling depressed about the hair falling everywhere. I'm doing my fin and my minox and my niz, so I'm trying to control what I might not be able to. But you can sure as hell control how the rest of your body looks.

....For the science, if you take any anabolic "supplements", then you're playing with some heavy fire. It's definitely linked to MPB acceleration. Weight lifting only leads to temporary highs in testosterone, so you shouldn't really notice any difference in hair loss on average. If fin really is working well for you, it should almost definitely not cause a difference.

But it's all just what you believe.

You dont workout, you still lose hair...and you feel like asss

You workout, you still lose hair, and you feel like a G plus you are more healthy he he he

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

I don't think it will affect the hairloss...
    I been on propecia for I believe almost 2 years now or maybe 1? Been on it for so long I forget when I even started. But I take 1mg everyday. EVERYDAY. I rarely ever miss a dosage, maybe one every two months. I go to the gym everyday and before I even started propecia. I don't notice anything other than my hair improving. I'm 24 now.

I don't do supplements tho. Actually, I do, BCAAs but that hardly counts cause you can get the those proteins from eating meat. I have to take it cause I don't end up eating for pretty much all morning til about 4-5PM due to school and I don't got money to burn on fastfood. But holy hell... I'm ripped as fck now lol. I actually started to eat just plain toasted bread in the mornings sometimes 3 slices, sometimes 4 for that extra energy from carbs. I feel exhausted if I don't and I feel like my heart gets heavy when I don't eat for long periods like that.

Props to the muslims who fast. Its kinda crazy they have to do it every year...

Resistance training doesn't increase testosterone over a long period of time, there is evidence it gives minimal increases that are only brief, nowhere near enough to effect your hair/

No normal bodybuilding supplements will increase testosterone/DHT, the only exception potentially is DAA which is found in test boosters but again this isn't permanent and pretty negligible. Creatine has some evidence to raise DHT, this is the only one I'd be wary of if you are really paranoid.

The only thing that will harm your hair in regards to bodybuiling is steroids/prohormones. In regards to those the more androgenic they are the more they will destroy your hair. Something like trenbolone would eat your hair.

Theoretically steroids that are purely anabolic and have an androgenic rating of 0 (ie: deca, turinabol, halodrol) could actually be good for MPB sufferers. They completely shut down your natural test production while on them (meaning no circulating DHT attacking the follicles) and because the substances themselves are not in the slightest bit androgenic there is nothing attacking your hair. This isn't a viable option for treating hairloss in the long run before anyone gets any ideas lol, staying on steroids for long periods of time is never a good idea.