+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default prp with Dr bisanga

Hi there, I'm new to your forums and would like any advice about getting prp with Dr Bisanga in Brussel's, I'm UK based and very loyal to a US surgeon for my ht and repairs after an awful UK ht.

I'm interested in Prp as a way of stabilizing my hairloss, so any advice is welcome

NV

Quote Originally Posted by nobel victim View Post
    Hi there, I'm new to your forums and would like any advice about getting prp with Dr Bisanga in Brussel's, I'm UK based and very loyal to a US surgeon for my ht and repairs after an awful UK ht.

I'm interested in Prp as a way of stabilizing my hairloss, so any advice is welcome

NV
    From what I've seen, many doctors offer it but it is still kind of experimental. Some have had good success and others, not so much. The only way to know if it's going to work for you is to try it out and see for yourself.

Well I plan to keep this forum updated- will upload a before pic soon

Quote Originally Posted by nobel victim View Post
    Well I plan to keep this forum updated- will upload a before pic soon
    Hi nobel, I had an FUE with Dr Bisanga 5 weeks ago and also had PRP administered. From my research, there still seems to be a bit of a question mark over it from a consistency point of view, but I felt it certainly can't hurt to get it on top of my HT. I think I have seen that it seems to suit diffused thinners quite well. I am a diffuser so I had asked Dr B to consider it for me, and he had no problem once he assessed things. It will of course be difficult for me to distinguish what effect PRP alone has had on me.

I will be returning to the clinic for a 2nd PRP visit in 6-7 months.

What type of loss pattern are you?

Hi Johnny, I guess i'm a receding hairline kind of thinner, Id probably have been a Bruce Willis- Art Garfunkel kind of hair loss pattern up until now, but I have had 3 sessions of work to my hairline with Dr Cole, to repair the Nobel Clinic work & I think the last year or so the rest of my Norwood zone has started to thin and I see Prp as a way of maintaining what I probably wouldn't have the hairs to graft- No one would call me bald but if I say stand under a bright light then I can see my scalp in a way that I couldn't when I was younger if that makes sence.

How did prp compare to a normal ht in terms of its discomfort levels etc?

As I said, I got the PRP at the same time as my ht (my first ever ht). The PRP was basically administered towards the end of my second day, as they were placing my last few hundred grafts. At this point I was pretty much numb from the anesthetic injections so pain was minimal if anything. It probably did contribute to some extra swelling in the days post op as it essentially involves injecting extra fluid into my recipient areas, that already had pain killing injections!

I will be getting a 2nd PRP session in March and this will obviously be standalone (no ht on the day), and swelling is supposed to be minimal.

Does anyone know the frequency of such sessions? This type of treatment seems costly to maintain...

Brh think every 4 to six months- at 600 euros per sesh- but some patients go less frequently - in any case I guess if that is around £1000 p/a then thats only the same as say botox - this is a much quicker and easier treatment than ht so I would guess prices will fall if it can be administered by nurses at 'beauty clinic' type places rather than top end ht surgeons-

I think the a-cell version of this used by Dr Cole among others gives a longer treatment window but I may be wrong on that- if I make it over to Atlanta next year I'll let you know!

Sorry for slow updates, pc trouble! Regarding the PRP, cant say I've had a noticeable change as of yet- slowing of loss or regrowth, the actual treatment took about an hour, most of that time being the drawing of the blood and applying the aesthetics, I think they went for a bit of a ring block. The time with Dr B was around 10 mins or so where the spun plasma was re-injected back into the scalp where the hair is thin. Nice tecs and they did make me lunch which was welcome as I felt pretty woozzy after the procedure, Im guessing you use several syringes or prp which would of course take up quite alot of blood. I will try and keep you updated

Hey Nobel, thanks for the update. How long ago did your have the PRP done? Also, did the doctor use Acell?