X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swingline747
    • Apr 2013

topical fin?

I recently went for a HT consult saturday in MA with these guys

Honestly it was great I've got a couple more I want to go to but this guy seems super pro, had a nice facility and really seems like he takes a lot of pride. This consult was like 2.5 HOURS! He was super thorough.

Also he charges by the surgery not the graft which seems odd but when explained it made more sense. He has graft charge options for later down the road if you need touch ups.

Anyway he was telling me that i would still need maintenance such as fin to keep everything looking good but when I explained I cant use fin he suggested a Topical form of it.
    I was hesitant due to possible sides/effectiveness but he swore by it that because it was topical it would only effect the scalp and not be absorbed by the other parts of the body like a pill and cause the same sides. He also stated (of course) great results from it with patients afraid to take the pill themselves.

My question is has anyone used topical fin?
    How does it work?
    Any sides?
    Is it worth it?
    thanks

I had awful sides wit the pill so Im super afraid but I need something.

Using Minox (useless) and Niz(to soon to tell) right now
    Last edited by Winston; 09-16-2013, 02:07 PM. Reason: Promotional link removed.
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

I have some questions also. Where do you get it? How much does it cost? I am taking fin pills, but would definitely consider topical if it was as effective and not overly expensive.

Comment

• nobel victim
      • Mar 2011

as far as I understand it (& I'm not an MD) finasteride is absorbed through the skin- which is why women who are or may become pregnant are advised not to even touch the tablets. That said I'm sure your Dr has looked into this, has no conceivable motive to mislead you (its not like he's selling you the tabs after all)- Id try his advice & try not to worry or you may end up kidding yourself into thinking you have sides...

Good luck

Comment

• JulioGP
        • Feb 2013

Currently I am using Polaris NR-10 contains 16% Minoxidil and Finasteride also in its composition.

I've had side effects to using Finasteride Oral, but so far with topical finasteride everything is going well, no side effects. Polaris started using NR-10 is less than 1 month.

It is much smarter to try to reduce the DHT directly applying the scalp than having to download the entire DHT blood system and only then download the DHT in the follicles.

Comment

• nobel victim
          • Mar 2011

What's the topical dose Julio- ps are you a GP?

Comment

• thechamp
            • Jan 2011

I wanted to try topical fin because I get weight gain on oral fin,but every one advised me that it would lower my serum Levels and I would also gain weight from topical fin.??

Comment

• swingline747
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by thechamp
              I wanted to try topical fin because I get weight gain on oral fin,but every one advised me that it would lower my serum Levels and I would also gain weight from topical fin.??
              Yeah I may just give it up with the fin.

Im thinking of getting the old prostate checked because some of my lingering sides seem to point that direction per some extra curricular reading.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                • Jul 2011

Did he suggest where to find topical fin in the USA? Was he going to write you a prescription?

Comment

• burtandernie
                  • Nov 2012

I think for the last 20 years since propecia appeared we knew that topical was the way to go, and to this day we dont have any approved reliable source for doing that. We have plenty of things claiming to do that, but I have yet to see any topical prove it works.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                    Did he suggest where to find topical fin in the USA? Was he going to write you a prescription?
                    This is what I came to ask, where do you even get this stuff. Or do you just make it yourself?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                      • Jun 2013

I am not down with all of the stuff we have to make or mix ourselves. Stuff needs to be done by scientist not young dudes on the internet. That is one of my problems with RU. Yes I have heard of people having great results, but with the price tag it has it should be ready to go. I shouldn't have to mix and experiment to get the stuff to work.

Comment

Working...