+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atum View Post
    Freaking nice if they can cure cancer and HIV.
    Maybe when they definitely found the cure, they can focus more on a cure for MPB.
    Severely unlikely this would be next on their agenda.

I always say this until I'm blue in the face: there will be cures for cancer and AIDS because there are massive, concerted efforts to cure cancer and AIDS. I can count on one hand the number of entities trying to cure baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I always say this until I'm blue in the face: there will be cures for cancer and AIDS because there are massive, concerted efforts to cure cancer and AIDS. I can count on one hand the number of entities trying to cure baldness.
    Follica
    Replicel
    Histogen
    Tsuji Labs
    Uni. of Berlin & Dr. Roland Lauster

*Aderans

Considering Aderans is out of the game, then yes, ONE hand. Also, since Histogen isn't a cure, you could make a case for only 4.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Follica
    Replicel
    Histogen
    Tsuji Labs
    Uni. of Berlin & Dr. Roland Lauster

*Aderans

Considering Aderans is out of the game, then yes, ONE hand. Also, since Histogen isn't a cure, you could make a case for only 4.
    And since baldness is a global epidemic that drastically and negatively affects the lives of millions of people, the number of companies trying to cure hair loss is really like a drop in the ocean. And plus, I don't even think Lauster is trying to cure baldness. I think he just discovered something major, and then sat on his ass and did nothing.

HIV is an easier condition to treat that hair follicular neogenesis. Want to know why there aren't any great solutions to AGA yet? Because it's a really ****ing complex problem. We are talking about neogenesis and when that enters the conversation, you walk the fine line with cancerous growth. Just because AGA isn't life threatening doesn't mean it's not extremely difficult to treat/cure.

Now stop complaining. Follica very likely has the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    And since baldness is a global epidemic that drastically and negatively affects the lives of millions of people, the number of companies trying to cure hair loss is really like a drop in the ocean. And plus, I don't even think Lauster is trying to cure baldness. I think he just discovered something major, and then sat on his ass and did nothing.
    Lauster's work, as far as I know, was not for curing hair loss, but for finding ways to end animal testing. There was news about the European Union calling for a complete end on animal testing which, if his artificial hair and skin model works, then they can use that for testing. As for a cure for hair loss, I think thats more of a side project, but in my mind, has far greater potential for rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocione View Post
    HIV is an easier condition to treat that hair follicular neogenesis. Want to know why there aren't any great solutions to AGA yet? Because it's a really ****ing complex problem. We are talking about neogenesis and when that enters the conversation, you walk the fine line with cancerous growth. Just because AGA isn't life threatening doesn't mean it's not extremely difficult to treat/cure.

Now stop complaining. Follica very likely has the solution.
    But we don't necessarily even need neogenesis as follicles stay in tact and apparently go dormant which is proved by finasteride and minoxidil regrowing lost hair. We don't really need neogenesis, we'd be fine with just rejuvenating existing follicles to grow again. I'm sure none of us really care how its done as long as its done period.

Exclamation

BTW, i am one of the few people who aren't waiting for a cure, but for a better treatment than wht we have now.

A treatment that regrowth hair, an injectable solution like Histogen where you don't have to apply it every day like minxo and propecia. with no side effects.

I don't care to be injected every few months and have a normal amount of hair, i don't need more than that.

I believe a cure will take more than a decade, but i am not waiting for cure, just a better version of minoxi+propcia in injectable way. that's it. I am a realistic person.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    BTW, i am one of the few people who aren't waiting for a cure, but for a better treatment than wht we have now.

A treatment that regrowth hair, an injectable solution like Histogen where you don't have to apply it every day like minxo and propecia. with no side effects.

I don't care to be injected every few months and have a normal amount of hair, i don't need more than that.

I believe a cure will take more than a decade, but i am not waiting for cure, just a better version of minoxi+propcia in injectable way. that's it. I am a realistic person.
    But what if that doesn't work for an NW5+?

And what about this? It's one step after the other apparently...but it won't be used for MPB I guess..

http://www.zdnet.com/cn/chinese-rese...gs-7000020698/

Anyway, my two cents about neogenesis.
    Correct, I'd like to have a cure which creates new follicles. But before that, If it was me, I'd rather try to cure the existing ones.

One of these days I was wondering if creating a new thread titled "Describe your own cure if you were the big player in the hairloss industry".