+ Reply to Thread

Default 2 HT and now major loss from Testosterone therapy

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	23070Hello,

I have had two successful strip procedures (1700 grafts ea) over the past 10 years. Began Propecia after the first HT and have had excellent full coverage results up to this year. I'm 47 now.

Jan '13 my Dr put me on the following regimen due to low T. Well, it raised my levels 150 points and I felt great, but all of a sudden my hair started thinning like crazy. I have last about 50% of my density from the hairline to the crown.

I stopped Aug 1st but the thinning has seemed to continue. Will I regrow any of the lost hair ? I'm also contemplating a third HT but am afraid that if the thinning continues it won't be enough to create the density I once had.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Supplements that's caused hair loss:
    Chrysin
    D-Testosterol

Hair loss products
    Propecia 1.25mg. / day
    Minoxidil 5% 2x day
    Last edited by SRQ; 09-15-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SRQ View Post
    Attachment 23070Hello,

I have had two successful strip procedures (1700 grafts ea) over the past 10 years. Began Propecia after the first HT and have had excellent full coverage results up to this year. I'm 47 now.

Jan '13 my Dr put me on the following regimen due to low T. Well, it raised my levels 150 points and I felt great, but all of a sudden my hair started thinning like crazy. I have last about 50% of my density from the hairline to the crown.

I stopped Aug 1st but the thinning has seemed to continue. Will I regrow any of the lost hair ? I'm also contemplating a third HT but am afraid that if the thinning continues it won't be enough to create the density I once had.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Supplements that's caused hair loss:
    Chrysin
    D-Testosterol

Hair loss products
    Propecia 1.25mg. / day
    Minoxidil 5% 2x day
    My Dr put me on it last year (also 47, but only on minox at the time) and noticed the same thing. I asked around the internet and found it can speed up mpb, esp guys our age. But I will say the speed up only lasted a few months and then it slowed way down. It's still slow but still continuing so I added propecia a few months ago.

But I had mpb long before I ever got sick and needed T. I felt like death and had major health problems and T allowed me to fix them by giving me my strength back so I could exercise. Within less than a year I dropped 70lbs and my cholesterol, hypertension, and diabetes all went away. Going bald is humiliating, but no way would I trade it for all those health problems. If you have legit heath issues, I would reconsider going off T.

You can always get a transplant if nothing else works. Me? I am giving propecia 1 year. If that doesn't work then DUT. After that..oh well at least I am still alive.