Minox liquid; scalp greasiness. Any way to remedy this?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

Minox liquid; scalp greasiness. Any way to remedy this?

I find Minox liquid (5%) makes my scalp terribly greasy, even after a nights sleep, and after having showered the next morning. Still greasy /shiny.

I've taken to using the foam (5%), but I understand its less effective.

Advice?
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

I use kirklands minox and it is greasy. It will make your head shiny and appear like you have less hair than you truly have. It is cheap so I deal with it. I was not aware that the foam was less effective...damn. I only use it though when I am going out and I don't want to be all greasy looking. I have heard that Lipogaine dries within 15 minutes or so, but it isn't cheap. I don't know if it is more effective then kirkland's or Rogaine, so I will just stick to the cheap stuff for now.

Comment

• AGL
      • May 2012

I use the liquid at night only and the foam during the day, but when I use the liquid in the morning it's not greasy and I do the whole top of my head. Made your using too much?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by AGL
        I use the liquid at night only and the foam during the day, but when I use the liquid in the morning it's not greasy and I do the whole top of my head. Made your using too much?
        AGL, what brand are you using? I use kirkland minox and does take some time for it to dry.

Comment

• AGL
          • May 2012

Kirkland liquid and foam as well. I use to get dandroff like peices in may hair the morning after applying the liquid. I think I was over applying it and a lot was getting onto me hair an not my scalp. I've since had my girlfriend administer the liquid while I rub it in and I've noticed a significant improvement. I like the foam during the day because I find it adds volume but also acts like a styling mouses.

Comment

• clandestine
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by AGL
            I'm don't feel I'm applying too much; only 1mL of Minox liquid.

I think it's because I shave my head that its more obvious? If I had hair it probably wouldn't look so greasy.

You're brave letting your girlfriend help administer your treatments! I won't even let on to my girl that I'm taking any. 😁

Comment

Working...