+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Many guys are still be swayed by local media advertising campaigns promoting no name doctors with cheap graft prices. They put their ads in the main circulations especially the sports section and the hair mills continue to promote their infomercials. One of the largest chains is right now offering $1,000 discounts to the public. Some things never change.

And it is true that even the best HT doctors get a poor result every now and then. Most of the bad results however are from sub-standard or new doctors learning HT surgery.

Things are improving overall compared to ten years ago.
    There are quite a few ways to botch a transplant. Bad results seem generally more subtle these days.

Yesterday's consult wants to repair pitting and today's patient has rows of strip scars. Neither patient is a severe case, but any kind of scarring or unnatural result can make most men feel self conscious.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by rev3 View Post
    looks like he got good graft survival rate from ARTAS

but not sure about the placement

looks like that forelock the patient shaved is not going anywhere soon

maybe a "V" shape should have been done with receded temples

that can always be done in a second pass, no problem

glad this machine worked out for the patient as he was the first in the clinic
    The last I heard, Adamo was very happy with his restoration, and yet I don't know that he had planned to have a second procedure. He addressed the frontal and mid-scalp, which was of the biggest concern to him. It definitely made a very tremendous and positive change for his look…..and his lack of posting was just because he's out enjoying life!! I echo what others say about getting to the point where posting regularly just happens to wane a bit once the hair starts growing. I'll see if I can get any updates from the clinic and will let the forums know! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Best,

Mike

Agenteye it’s amazing how there can be views on some aspects of hair transplantation that can be so different, for instance posting to forums. It’s been my experience that many fail to come back to post at the 12 month mark and have lost their initial excitement not because of the fear of waning on but because of so many others issues. I guess maybe I have just spoken to too many patients from various clinics to not believe this to be true.

I’m sure many have moved on and are very pleased with their result as you state for this patient but I don’t think we can take a blanket statement like patients just move on and believe it applies to everyone it would simply not be accurate.

Good to hear this patient is doing so well.

There was a seminar not too long ago in the UK on how purchasing a robotic system for hair transplantation can turn one’s business into a million dollar operation. I’m not sure if that is going to happen but it sure does sound exciting as long as it is the best option for the patient. The patient’s welfare should stand above all else.

Congratulations on this outcome.

From my experience, most guys move on with their lives after the procedure and never return to the forums because in their eyes, there is no need to, at least not until they need another procedure...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

There are those in this industry that can only hope everyone moves on so that their work can go on unhindered. For some us that would be equivalent to leaving some behind in a burning building without making an effort to help them get out by showing them the way, unconscionable……… a foreign concept to many but seems to be a common trait among too many who work in this industry.

BTW what happened to Matt. He was on these forums for how many years advising young guys then he gets a hair transplant himself with the clinic, updates for a few months then disappears. Why is that looked upon so negatively when someone brings it up and asks, it’s a legitimate question.

Is he just moving on with his life………………………..I mean really what’s the deal?