+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My story

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Dude dont waste your time and money on keratine...if anything take a very small dose of fin ie 0.05mg/day
    That's a pretty small cut.

@nca dissolve in alchohol broski

Dude dont waste your time and money on keratine...if anything take a very small dose of fin ie 0.05mg/day
    Why do you think it would be a waste of time? This product actually has some relatively solid evidence / trials backing up it's claims. It's pretty new to the market, so will take time before a consensus is built I guess.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyBateman View Post
    I am going to get a DHT test done, then start Keratene Alpha-active Retard, then get a DHT test done afterwards. If it shows a decrease, then i'll continue with it for the longer haul. I'll also inform the forum of my results for their use.

Although, what if my DHT test shows that I already have an average level of DHT, or even a low level - would that mean that anti-DHT drugs would be no good against MPB for me?

Also, what sort of results did that patient get ? From what state, to what sort of improved state? Interesting you mention ACell/PRP, that was also another angle I was looking at, but i've read consistently negative reviews on here for that. What do you make of it?

Thanks,

PB.
    Dr. Cole began using PRP because it has been shown to improve healing. Emory hospital administers PRP to patients with sports injuries with great success and Emory University has courses related to the use of PRP. In some cases, PRP increases hair shaft diameter. We sent out a survey to our patients regarding their PRP treatment. Within the last year, we did four stand-alone PRP treatments. On the other hand, roughly 70% of our patients have PRP with ACell during their hair transplant procedures. The survey results are about 50/50 related to patients noticing an improvement in their hair quality (thicker look). On the other hand effectiveness of PRP in promoting quicker healing is difficult to gauge through a survey, because many of the patients don't have any point of reference. I personally see donor areas healing in four days when patients use ACell/PRP during and after their surgery.

I want to mention again, the best result I have seen with a stand-alone ACell/PRP treatment was in a patient who was using Avodart for 8 years prior and continuing through his treatment.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ACell-PRP-Stand-Alone-closeup.jpg

Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	23131  

Why do you think it would be a waste of time? This product actually has some relatively solid evidence / trials backing up it's claims. It's pretty new to the market, so will take time before a consensus is built I guess.
    We've had multple members on here take pre and post DHT blood tests only to find out there was no signifigant change. Plus what they are claiming is not possible...ie decreasing DHT with no change in testosterone

Please man do not waste your money and more importantly time on this.

We've had multple members on here take pre and post DHT blood tests only to find out there was no signifigant change. Plus what they are claiming is not possible...ie decreasing DHT with no change in testosterone

Ok , noted - I'll have a read on here about it and the experiences of those on here.

But how about the clinical studies , that show a decrease in DHT? The report is available for viewing. Unless it was just made up, it warrants some thought?

This is so true. The thing is I feel much worse for all the time I lost as opposed to the money. If I could have that time back, I would be in much better shape.

Ok , noted - I'll have a read on here about it and the experiences of those on here.

But how about the clinical studies , that show a decrease in DHT? The report is available for viewing. Unless it was just made up, it warrants some thought?
    I know man it is very confusing looking at those studies, them seem very promising. I can't really speak to specific scientific details on them, I'm no expert. I talked to a few smart guys about it and they thought things did not add up. PERHAPS, this is just a guess, it may normalize DHT levels. If you look at the participants in their trials they all had really high DHT, and then were dropped to normal range. In this case it would have no effect on someone with normal DHT levels (liek the guys who had pre and post DHT tests). But, the more likely scenario is something is wrong with their data.

Thought about Spiro cream? Sorry if it has been mentioned already but that would at least give you a proven DHT blocker that is topical. It's one of those treatments that on paper should work great but there's not many success stories on it and it's messy as hell to use.

Was it published in a legit peer reviewed medical journal?
    That is what I would be looking for.

I may have said this before but some of us that are concerned about sides are on a very low dose of propecia. Look at the thread started by Desmond.
    He's doing .25mg 2 times a week, which is what I am doing. And he is getting some results at this low dosage.

Think about it- Instead of 1 pill lasting you 1 day, you are taking it over the course of 2 weeks. If problems do arise, you don't have a lot of the drug in your system and can back off at any time.

Too early to say if it's going to work for me, but at least no bad sides to report. I have had lots of shedding since I got on it, but that is the only thing I really noticed. Well let me correct that- when you first get on it you may feel some minor aches down below, but it should only last a day or 2. I do not know if this is true or just what, but many have said that means the drug is starting to work and is actually a good sign.