+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Living to 100 years old with andro alopecia is not living. It is existing
    Most of those diseases do not have the same social stigma as hair loss. In fact they get you sympathy & understanding, not mockery

I am just saying....this is easily 1 one of the most common medical problems in the world. It is socially debilitating, and is bad for mental health which then harms physical health in general
    Curing genetic hair loss would remove much more suffering from the world than curing something like Parkinsons
    Although I like my look even with a bald head, I agree with you. Unlike me, some men's looks are totally destroyed by baldness. And it doesn't seem to be that much difficult to treat even. There should had been a cure already, but since its not a priority for them, unfortunately, we still don't have any yet.

Living to 100 years old with andro alopecia is not living....

Most of those diseases do not have the same social stigma as hair loss...
    Social stigma only affects you if you allow it to do so. Get your head right. Treat it if you can and move on to live your life to the fullest. Millions of men have done so for thousands of years. So can you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Social stigma only affects you if you allow it to do so. Get your head right. Treat it if you can and move on to live your life to the fullest. Millions of men have done so for thousands of years. So can you.
    Social stigma affects how other people treat you & this does affect you, keeping a positive attitude does not change that. How can you go from being admired to being pitied (or reviled)? when you know what one is like, the other side is death
    I think you have said before, men who are 15 years younger than you approach you. How does that make you feel? Vs how you felt before you treated your hair loss when you were depressed/isolated? You know the difference. Humans need social validation to be healthy just like they need food, water, sleep

Social stigma affects how other people treat you & this does affect you, keeping a positive attitude does not change that. How can you go from being admired to being pitied (or reviled)? when you know what one is like, the other side is death
    I think you have said before, men who are 15 years younger than you approach you. How does that make you feel? Vs how you felt before you treated your hair loss when you were depressed/isolated? You know the difference. Humans need social validation to be healthy just like they need food, water, sleep
    I don't know why women get so happy when men approach them, when all they want is sex with them, regardless of whether a woman is fat, old or ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I don't know why women get so happy when men approach them, when all they want is sex with them, regardless of whether a woman is fat, old or ugly.
    It's validation. That's why if you're too quick to fully validate them right away -- as if they're on a pedestal -- you're dead in the water. They'll seek something bigger and see if they can get validation from a dude up the ladder.

Literally BILLIONS of people suffer from this condition. It is extremely socially debilitating & psychologically traumatizing.

Get your f*cking priorities straight
    I completely agree with this statement. Ive heard the same exact thing said about acne but Ive never heard anyone say it about baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    AIDS, Leukemia, cancer, Heart Attack and Stroke, Diabetes, Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer's, Lou Gehrig's Disease, Muscular Dystrophy and countless others will ALWAYS trump baldness because these are life threatening killer diseases that take people of all ages to the grave.
    I'd rather have any of those, except muscular dystrophy, than baldness. At least society still treats you with respect when you have those other diseases. Hell, you'll even get sympathy. Out of curiousity, how many men kill themselves every year because they are tired of being socially isolated and tired of being treated like they are less than a dog because of hairloss.

Living to 100 years old with andro alopecia is not living. It is existing
    Most of those diseases do not have the same social stigma as hair loss.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Although I like my look even with a bald head, I agree with you. Unlike me, some men's looks are totally destroyed by baldness. And it doesn't seem to be that much difficult to treat even. There should had been a cure already, but since its not a priority for them, unfortunately, we still don't have any yet.
    These doctors need to get off their lazy asses. There should be a cure by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Yes, being treated like a dog only affects you if you allow it to do so. You're a man so your expected to just suck it up and live with it. Of course, if it was a woman being treated this way due to some aspect of her looks it would be totally unacceptable. Society would never put up with that.

Literally BILLIONS of people suffer from this condition. It is extremely socially debilitating & psychologically traumatising. If you look at the # of sufferers it is causing FAR more harm than most other health problems, including most kinds of cancer, including sh*t like lupus or AIDS, etc
    This is so true. Plus I hate when people say hair loss isn't life threatening. I have been depressed for almost half my life, and most likely will be for the rest of it, ALL because of hair loss. Yep, 1% of my appearance has effected my entire life, and that get's me even more depressed.

Body dysmorphic disorder on the grandest scale.

It annoys me greatly when they need studies on why middle aged men have the highest rate of suicide and then conclude that social isolation is high on the list but can't make the simple connection between social exclusion and hair loss. And NO, I am not saying all these men take their own lives because of hair loss and the majority probably don't even have it as an issue, but let's be honest, the unattractive middle age male has the least chance of being sociably accepted. A cure would help many men and not for vanity reasons.

I agree with you for the most part. But being an unattractive middle-aged woman is far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by hairlessM View Post
    This is so true. Plus I hate when people say hair loss isn't life threatening. I have been depressed for almost half my life, and most likely will be for the rest of it, ALL because of hair loss. Yep, 1% of my appearance has effected my entire life, and that get's me even more depressed.

Body dysmorphic disorder on the grandest scale.

It annoys me greatly when they need studies on why middle aged men have the highest rate of suicide and then conclude that social isolation is high on the list but can't make the simple connection between social exclusion and hair loss. And NO, I am not saying all these men take their own lives because of hair loss and the majority probably don't even have it as an issue, but let's be honest, the unattractive middle age male has the least chance of being sociably accepted. A cure would help many men and not for vanity reasons.
    I feel for you man. Hair loss is the #1 worst thing about my life BY FAR, nothing else comes close tbh
    I agree about middle aged men. Not just that age group but I see why things would seem more hopeless at that age. & media does not have the balls to just face facts that people w/ acquired ugliness (like balding) are much more likely to kill themselves or hurt someone else

It is amazing when news anchors BS for hours about why some guy committed suicide or shot up a market or w/e. "What could have been the cause, why would he do this"....all you have to do is look at his f*cking picture to see why he felt like an outcast w/ no hope
    Obviously I would never harm someone over my own depression but it is no mystery why some personality types do this

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. But being an unattractive middle-aged woman is far worse.
    Maybe. Not sure though....the need for validation is in everyone and a larger % of girls than boys at least get it when they are young. For the who never attracted girls when young but were hoping to make it happen later in life, only for baldness to screw them? The decades of rejection must be insane.
    But maybe having it & then losing it is no better

It's not a woman's problem, so no.... it won't be and isn't a top priority.