+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Hair loss research needs to be a TOP priority

    Literally BILLIONS of people suffer from this condition. It is extremely socially debilitating & psychologically traumatizing. If you look at the # of sufferers it is causing FAR more harm than most other health problems, including most kinds of cancer, including sh*t like lupus or AIDS, etc
    Yet how much cash is going to research? This is probably the most widespread health problem there is. MOST MEN GO BALD. Many women do too. Yet the rate of research is f*cking pathetic.
    If a cure is discovered, the lives of billions of people would be improved.....or at least they would have the option to improve. Right now we do not even have that option. We have pills/topicals to stop the progression (or slow it down for some, and these do not work for everyone) and to get a small% of regrowth, we have surgery to HIDE the condition (moving hairs around).
    The only way to get back (the illusion) of a 100% full NW1? WIGS THAT PEOPLE ALREADY HAD 400 YEARS AGO. The most complete f*cking solution is a technolgy that is centuries old

    F*ck you, society, and your pathetic priorities. You are so self deluded that you refuse to accept how crucial image is to having a good life. Image is almost everything before age 35. Even after that it is vitally important. This genetic disease is destroying that for MOST of the males who ever live, yet you would rather send f*cking robots to Mars or pour research money into diseases that affect a fraction of 1% as many people as this genetic curse
    WHY? Is it because most people with money & influence already look so shitty that they have no motivation to help others with an image destroying condition? If that is the problem, these idiots do not even deserve to be where they are. They need to step down from their perches and let us take over. Put PatientlyWaiting, DepressedByHairloss, clandestine, Fixed by 35, Scorpion, BigThinker, etc on a committee for where the f*ck federal research money goes.
    US government right now thinks nothing to spend 100 billion on weapons we never even use.....we will spend that same 100 billion and improve the lives of half the human race

    Get your f*cking priorities straight

  2. #2
    Senior Member baldozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bald Head Island
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Literally BILLIONS of people suffer from this condition. It is extremely socially debilitating & psychologically traumatizing. If you look at the # of sufferers it is causing FAR more harm than most other health problems, including most kinds of cancer, including sh*t like lupus or AIDS, etc
    Yet how much cash is going to research? This is probably the most widespread health problem there is. MOST MEN GO BALD. Many women do too. Yet the rate of research is f*cking pathetic.
    If a cure is discovered, the lives of billions of people would be improved.....or at least they would have the option to improve. Right now we do not even have that option. We have pills/topicals to stop the progression (or slow it down for some, and these do not work for everyone) and to get a small% of regrowth, we have surgery to HIDE the condition (moving hairs around).
    The only way to get back (the illusion) of a 100% full NW1? WIGS THAT PEOPLE ALREADY HAD 400 YEARS AGO. The most complete f*cking solution is a technolgy that is centuries old

    F*ck you, society, and your pathetic priorities. You are so self deluded that you refuse to accept how crucial image is to having a good life. Image is almost everything before age 35. Even after that it is vitally important. This genetic disease is destroying that for MOST of the males who ever live, yet you would rather send f*cking robots to Mars or pour research money into diseases that affect a fraction of 1% as many people as this genetic curse
    WHY? Is it because most people with money & influence already look so shitty that they have no motivation to help others with an image destroying condition? If that is the problem, these idiots do not even deserve to be where they are. They need to step down from their perches and let us take over. Put PatientlyWaiting, DepressedByHairloss, clandestine, Fixed by 35, Scorpion, BigThinker, etc on a committee for where the f*ck federal research money goes.
    US government right now thinks nothing to spend 100 billion on weapons we never even use.....we will spend that same 100 billion and improve the lives of half the human race

    Get your f*cking priorities straight

  3. #3
    Senior Member Notcoolanymore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A place hot as hell
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    You forgot to put Highlander on your list.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    You forgot to put Highlander on your list.
    Probably would have listed him except for his "issues"

    However there are others I would add, those were just examples.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Hair loss research needs to be a TOP priority
    Life threatening diseases and conditions need to be the top priority. As they should be.

    A cure, or at least more effective treatments for hair loss would be an unbelievable gold mine though - so companies that have the means to pursue it are doing so. There is no doubt about that.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    A cure, or at least more effective treatments for hair loss would be an unbelievable gold mine though - so companies that have the means to pursue it are doing so. There is no doubt about that.
    I agree but imagine if we dumped a few billion in public funds into it. We do this for conditions that affect not even 1% as many people.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    298

    Default

    AIDS, Leukemia, cancer, Heart Attack and Stroke, Diabetes, Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer's, Lou Gehrig's Disease, Muscular Dystrophy and countless others will ALWAYS trump baldness because these are life threatening killer diseases that take people of all ages to the grave. You can live upwards to pending no medical complications up to 95 - 101 years old and still be bald. Eliminating baldness gives you back your youth and for some their self confidence if they had low self esteem to being with. But if the loss of hair did not take your self confidence and nothing is working for you it isn't the end of the world. As long as you have people around you who care about you, and that you have a roof over your head, and you have your health you are fine for the time being.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Notcoolanymore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A place hot as hell
    Posts
    2,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    AIDS, Leukemia, cancer, Heart Attack and Stroke, Diabetes, Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer's, Lou Gehrig's Disease, Muscular Dystrophy and countless others will ALWAYS trump baldness because these are life threatening killer diseases that take people of all ages to the grave. You can live upwards to pending no medical complications up to 95 - 101 years old and still be bald. Eliminating baldness gives you back your youth and for some their self confidence if they had low self esteem to being with. But if the loss of hair did not take your self confidence and nothing is working for you it isn't the end of the world. As long as you have people around you who care about you, and that you have a roof over your head, and you have your health you are fine for the time being.
    I hate balding just as much as anybody around here. Have been balding since my early 20's and it sucks, but I would rather be slick bald than have any of the health issues ChrisM mentioned.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Living to 100 years old with andro alopecia is not living. It is existing
    Most of those diseases do not have the same social stigma as hair loss. In fact they get you sympathy & understanding, not mockery

    I am just saying....this is easily 1 one of the most common medical problems in the world. It is socially debilitating, and is bad for mental health which then harms physical health in general
    Curing genetic hair loss would remove much more suffering from the world than curing something like Parkinsons

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I'm going to blame the terrible education system that we've had under the exact same format for over 100 years now. THat's the reason for a lack of cures and technology in general.

Similar Threads

  1. Hair Transplant Research
    By lougio in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-26-2016, 05:40 PM
  2. Alvi Armani Hair Loss Research Discontinues 'Hair Cloning'
    By locke999 in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 07:24 PM
  3. Who's Investing In Hair Loss Research?
    By tbtadmin in forum The Bald Truth: Show Archives
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 03:11 AM
  4. Hair Loss Stem Cell Research in Japan
    By PayDay in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 02:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Another Turkey Post - anyone know this clinic?
Today 03:27 PM
Last Post By gotcountry
Today 05:48 PM
What do you think about me?
Today 11:42 AM
by TUP2020
Last Post By TUP2020
Today 05:05 PM
Age 26 and lost a ton of hair. What are my options? Pics inside.
12-04-2017 07:01 PM
by kazence
Last Post By pajason
Today 04:58 PM
long hair full cap wig for me?
Today 02:31 PM
Last Post By chriswalker
Today 02:31 PM
Complete RU58841 Usage Guide
05-01-2013 07:52 PM
Last Post By icloroxi
Today 12:30 PM