+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default The IronMan Procedure – 9-Month Update

I remember the day when guys like Topcat asked me whether or not I will be satisfied with the HST procedure in general and in particular with the result – meaning, concerning my expectations.
    As far as I remember, my answer was “No Way!” – or something like that. That means, I KNEW in advance, that I simply can’t get this …

… with just around 1400 grafts!

Furthermore, did I’ve ever had such a mane and dense hairline at all, like the lion on the right side?
    Let me look - seems not really …

The very sexy and precise self-made haircut aside (lol), I always had rather fine (dark brown) hair. With the pic above, you can even pretty good estimate where my hairline ever started; in fact, rather pretty high. So what I always and ever had before going bald step-by-step (from the front area towards the tonsure area), I always had rather very fine hair – but lots of rather fine hair for at least a normal coverage. So basically, there is nothing unusual for a Caucasian guy.

Anyway, here are a few 9-month update pics. The hair is always wet in the photos, so that I was able to comb the hair back and finally, to get close-up pics of the implanted and growing hair. I didn’t shave or “trim” anything since the procedure...

Below: Front area 9 month later ...

*FULL SIZE* (to zoom-in): http://s12.postimg.org/g9m9u6trh/IM_9_month_front_b.jpg

Below: Temple area LEFT side - 9 month later ...

*FULL SIZE* http://s13.postimg.org/x1p8folrb/IM_...ple_left_b.jpg

Below: Temple area RIGHT side - 9 month later ...

*FULL SIZE* http://s15.postimg.org/fgbi7awfv/IM_...le_right_b.jpg

Personally, I don’t expect a quantum leap of any noticeable improvement in the coming month concerning the density, because I got already, in fact, the density as implanted and finally as expected. That means, everything it needs now in the front area is simply increasing the density in the front area, while already starting to shrink somewhat the bald area behind the front area at the same time with another/2nd procedure. Or in simply words, everything works so far as planned. My next/2nd procedure is in around 3 month.

Comparison:
    The following 2 photos compares my current situation and density...

...with a randomly choosen "high-quality dense packing" result from the WWW:

That means, my next aim is to increase the density in the front area. And if you have any suggstions concerning my hairline - let me know ...

First impressions are: looks awesome!

the best would have been to have a real before/ after with forehead visible from your exyebrows.

a top view as well....

but density looks not so bad, indeed and second procedure should bring you to a satisfying situation.

What about your vertex and mid scalp? what's the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    First impressions are: looks awesome!
    Hehe, yeah in the shades like he shot his pictures, Gho's results always look nice. Mine do too. But you see all those single hair grafts in his recipient right ? Well imagine how it would look in normal light.

In the shades my 10 months results looks great too. But this is my 10 months result, in normal light: http://s23.postimg.org/7x7tj8vzv/20130906_172453.jpg
    I guess it's just about ok. But because Gho pretty much only transplants singles (so you get only half of the hair as you would with a similar FUE), you see the very low density and in normal light you'll look right through it. And judging by the low density he's got (the same), it will look similar in normal light too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Hehe, yeah in the shades like he shot his pictures, Gho's results always look nice. Mine do too. But you see all those singles in his recipient right ? Well imagine how it would look in normal light.

In the shades my 10 months results looks great too. But this is my 10 months result, in normal light: http://s23.postimg.org/7x7tj8vzv/20130906_172453.jpg
    I guess it's just about ok. But because Gho pretty much only transplants singles (so you get only half of the hair as you would with a similar FUE), you see the very low density and in normal light you'll look right through it. And seeing the low density he's got (the same), it will look similar in normal light too.
    From memory of his before pics, (they need posting in here for comparison) for a small amount of grafts it's a reasonable result.

As for your picture, there does seem to be quite a few singles there, have you ever tried to calculate how many singles vs doubles are going on there? Seems mostly singles in the very front line and a couple of rows back there seems to be more doubles, but I don't know whats transplanted and not. If you were to repeat again what you've had in the same area, then I would imagine it would be the same density as the native hair behind, no?

From memory of his before pics, (they need posting in here for comparison) for a small amount of grafts it's a reasonable result.

As for your picture, there does seem to be quite a few singles there, have you ever tried to calculate how many singles vs doubles are going on there? Seems mostly singles in the very front line and a couple of rows back there seems to be more doubles, but I don't know whats transplanted and not. If you were to repeat again what you've had in the same area, then I would imagine it would be the same density as the native hair behind, no?
    It's not just my picture Gaz. Look at IM's. How many doubles, let alone triples do you spot ? About none.

With Gho you just have to go twice, to get the results you can get with a FUE in 1 time. The big pro for Gho is of course that it's scarless.

Iron Man, how many procedure do you think you might need to reach the Lion level?

If you were to repeat again what you've had in the same area, then I would imagine it would be the same density as the native hair behind, no?
    Yep. And that was what I was planning to do ! Until Kristel adviced me not to do it (while they had told me numerous time that I had very good donor). They said that it would be wiser to use donor for spots where I would really need it, later on. Cause even with their procedure, donor was not unlimited. Back then I didn't understand. If donor really regenerated, I would have more than enough hair available, right ? But now I understand ...

But this is my 10 months result, in normal light: http://s23.postimg.org/7x7tj8vzv/20130906_172453.jpg
    Actually, I'm surprised that something grew on this ugly head at all!!

Yep. And that was what I was planning to do ! Until Kristel adviced me not to do it (while they had told me numerous time that I had very good donor). They said that it would be wiser to use donor for spots where I would really need it, later on. Cause even with their procedure, donor was not unlimited. Back then I didn't understand. If donor really regenerated, I would have more than enough hair available, right ? But now I understand ...
    I doubt 1400ish grafts would kill you

I'd still do it regardless of what Kristel is telling you, you've probably got shit loads of donor area for more advanced techniques over the next few years.

I'm guessing for you it very much depends on the outcome of Nigam and co in the next year of two before you decide on your next step.