+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Give me the same of PRP first?

I want to see the photos, the dates of treatment, and the evidence that supports the procedure, and a list of the doctors that say this works who are willing to put their reputation on the line. The controlled studies and the list of any side effects with the procedure.

Its only fair I haven't sold my procedure to the public at this time.

Question

I think it’s smart to be skeptical, but open minded. What’s the big deal anyway, if you don't want to get the treatment just wait for other to post their results and you’ll find out if it works or not. Why the big fuss?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 4000 View Post

I want to see the photos, the dates of treatment, and the evidence that supports the procedure, and a list of the doctors that say this works who are willing to put their reputation on the line. The controlled studies and the list of any side effects with the procedure.

You keep saying where are the doctors that are willing to put their reputation on the line. Obviously, the ones who are doing this treatment, since he is not the ONLY one doing this and others are coming on board fairly quickly. You ask where are the studies, dude THIS particular controlled case study has been on his website for months. Although small, it's the best he could do on his own, and if you browse more on his site you will see explanations of PRP on his Blog.

It really does seem you have a personal vendetta against hairloss treatments, maybe because you were unable to take Propecia and I've read you tell others:

"I said F this shit, and ditched, well I had to because of gyno and surgery for that too. It just isn't good for some people. I think you are way too young to start that stuff. You should just let nature takes its course while doing what you can naturally. Eat right, work out a bit, stop any drug use and drinking.

You are spending a ton on supplements and a lot of that is a waste of time and money. Don't panic if you are going to lose your hair its going to happen with or without all those products.

In your late 20's early 30's see where you are and if your hair loss is moderate, then maybe you do something about it, but you are so young. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but WTF when you start chasing your tail this early in the game it could create worse problems down the road. "

When everything Spencer has said and all doctors have said early intervention is KEY.

You think that Dr. Greco is the only doctor doing this? In fact, the topic of PRP treatment has been discussed in depth in the recent ISHRS conference. There were multiple presentations about the prospect of this new treatment. Many doctors at the conference were sold, and are performing this treatment right now. Many were not, and like you, are waiting for more data.

I don't mind that many doctors are being skeptical. In fact, it's the natural process of new treatments. But, I don't see why you have a problem with doctors providing an option to people wanting to try out a new treatment that is based on a procedure that has been used for quite some time in the medical field to improve the efficacy of post-surgical wound healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckerine11 View Post
    You think that Dr. Greco is the only doctor doing this? In fact, the topic of PRP treatment has been discussed in depth in the recent ISHRS conference. There were multiple presentations about the prospect of this new treatment. Many doctors at the conference were sold, and are performing this treatment right now. Many were not, and like you, are waiting for more data.

I don't mind that many doctors are being skeptical. In fact, it's the natural process of new treatments. But, I don't see why you have a problem with doctors providing an option to people wanting to try out a new treatment that is based on a procedure that has been used for quite some time in the medical field to improve the efficacy of post-surgical wound healing.
    Risk takers with zero to very little evidence of this prospect and profiting while doing so? This isn't the 1800's, but on second though I guess it is.

Making money while being skeptical??? I have a problem with that.

Growing hair and wound treatment are they the same thing?

All I'm asking for is the clinical studies with a control sample that would even come close to the FDA guidelines. Is that too much? Does anyone have anything on this at all? A scientific explaining of some sort that involves hair growth regrowth or maintaining hair?

I do not want to point out specific doctors, I don't care about name dropping or dumping. In theory and practice, I don't think its ethical until there is enough science backing it. Plain and simple cut and dry.

Risk takers with zero to very little evidence of this prospect and profiting while doing so? This isn't the 1800's, but on second though I guess it is.

Making money while being skeptical??? I have a problem with that.

Growing hair and wound treatment are they the same thing?

All I'm asking for is the clinical studies with a control sample that would even come close to the FDA guidelines. Is that too much? Does anyone have anything on this at all? A scientific explaining of some sort that involves hair growth regrowth or maintaining hair?

I do not want to point out specific doctors, I don't care about name dropping or dumping. In theory and practice, I don't think its ethical until there is enough science backing it. Plain and simple cut and dry.
    Your missing the point the "many doctors that are being skeptical" Buckerine is referring to ARE NOT the ones doing the treatment. The ones doing the treatment are in fact NOT skeptical and KNOWS it works.

Thank You, that video is very informative and clearly describes the procedure.

I don't put much stock in one patients results, because what I'm looking for are the clinical trials that would be provided to the FDA without failing to meet their criteria for procedures such as this.

I looked at the before and after and the lighting is so different in contrast it is hard to even know what you are looking for.

PRP may be the future, why aren't all docs on board, apparently these guys have found the cure for MPB. Because from what Iwannakeep said is that they know it works.

Are there statistics of the control group. Is the control group number valid in claiming success. How many were studied? For how long? How many improved their hair count and thickness and how was it measured (you can measure hair thickness and hair count) Why are these numbers not being made public?, and how many did not. Are the injections safe, is there any negative impact to any major organs short or long term? What is the life time cost?

this is all I want to know.

Thank You, that video is very informative and clearly describes the procedure.

I don't put much stock in one patients results, because what I'm looking for are the clinical trials that would be provided to the FDA without failing to meet their criteria for procedures such as this.

I looked at the before and after and the lighting is so different in contrast it is hard to even know what you are looking for.

PRP may be the future, why aren't all docs on board, apparently these guys have found the cure for MPB. Because from what Iwannakeep said is that they know it works.

Are there statistics of the control group. Is the control group number valid in claiming success. How many were studied? For how long? How many improved their hair count and thickness and how was it measured (you can measure hair thickness and hair count) Why are these numbers not being made public?, and how many did not. Are the injections safe, is there any negative impact to any major organs short or long term? What is the life time cost?

this is all I want to know.
    It takes a long time to gather that kind of mass data. Many of the doctors offering PRP have only been doing it since the beginning of the summer. I believe Dr. Greco is keeping a detailed record of all his patients that have had PRP done. As far as long term effects, it's impossible to know that until the treatment has been on the market for a long period of time. In fact, we don't even know the long term effects of Propecia, or minoxidil. There seems to be no short term negative effects, but again, it's impossible to know until someone presents with the negative effect, which hasn't happened yet. As for the lifetime cost, given the current price, you're looking at $800 per year, which is similar to what people pay for Propecia at the pharmacy. It's possible that if PRP proves to be a viable option for hair loss, more companies will get into the market, and drive the prices of the PRP kits down.

Btw, the control group, when determining the efficacy of any treatment, means the group that didn't receive the treatment. You, then, compare the results from the control group to the experimental group to draw conclusions.