+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 4000 View Post
    I think it is a joke that anyone would charge or pay a 1000 of anything for something that is all speculation at this point.

Any doc charging that for something they can't support with evidence loses ton of credibility IMO.
    I have to agree with this point of view of having to pay for something which is experimental,usually the company etc will pay you to be their guinee pig,not the other way round.

I do believe it will help in the healing process as it has been proven to work in other medical fields such as sports injury but as of yet i have not seen compelling evidence that it grows or retains hair.

The price also seems excessive,in the UK £500/£600 has been quoted as a rough estimate.
    Do 5 of these per day with say £200 profit for maybe 250 days per year.
    A nice profit per year for minimal effort for something which may not work.

This post is only stating facts so i hope no one takes offence by it.

Lets see proof this works please as lots of internet presence talking it up.

Bm.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    I have to agree with this point of view of having to pay for something which is experimental,usually the company etc will pay you to be their guinee pig,not the other way round.

I do believe it will help in the healing process as it has been proven to work in other medical fields such as sports injury but as of yet i have not seen compelling evidence that it grows or retains hair.

The price also seems excessive,in the UK £500/£600 has been quoted as a rough estimate.
    Do 5 of these per day with say £200 profit for maybe 250 days per year.
    A nice profit per year for minimal effort for something which may not work.

This post is only stating facts so i hope no one takes offence by it.

Lets see proof this works please as lots of internet presence talking it up.

Bm.
    I don't care if they do take offence. I don't think the medical industry cosmetic or otherwise should be offering any product, procedure or service without research backing them. Where are the controlled studies? Where is the evidence and at what rate and with what side effects?

At that point it become a practice of business greed, taking advantage of people, and not medicine. Again it says everything you need to know about that doc.

This is all my opinion. But ya'll are being harsh instead of thankful. What's wrong with you people? Dr. Cole, I have the utmost respect for you and I do appreciate your opinion, as well as others, but I will have to disagree. Since having this treatment done to myself a little over 2 months ago, I am more than convinced it has worked for me. Not only have I noticed a significant decrease in hair loss, but also new hairs are coming in and overall my hair is generally better. How do I prove it to you? show you pictures of my maintained hair or the baby hairs coming in? If it caused 10% more thickness overall would you be able to tell? Would the treatment still be worth it if it only improved my hair 10%? Yes, even just maintaining is a miracle and better than miniaturization. Remember, a lot of people were very skeptical and against Finasteride in the beginning.

I'm glad Dr. Greco pursued this treatment option, especially with what little money he was funded with (a couple of thousand). For what little he had I think he made the best out of his study. He has also been nothing but completely open with anyone and is more than willing to share anything about this treatment. Ya'll say it's wrong for him to charge a 1,000 for an unproven treatment, but he has all the proof he needs. I know that the kit to do this treatment is around $300 per person, plus any overhead costs of doing this treatment (time and staff) is quite a bit. If he were doing this to anyone for free, he'd have a line out the door. In fact when I did get my treatment done I met a lady in the waiting room. She had the treatment done in February and was more than pleased with the results. She was actually there because her friend was getting it done too. Her friend saw what effect this had on the lady's hair that she wanted it done herself. I saw another man that came in after I had it done and was also elated with his results and smiling from ear to ear. So, after my experience on seeing what this does for other people and what this has done for myself, I'm a believer. I think Dr. Greco deserves a lot of gratitude and greedy (as Mr. 4000 implies) would not be the word I would use to describe it. You're right it does need a bigger control study, but he was doing this ALL on his own. I'm sure if he had the resources and maybe somewhere gain capital to do so it would have happened already. I understand if you're skeptical about this treatment as you have a right to be, but how dare you imply that Dr. Greco is unethical when in fact he IS helping people. I'd rather him make some profit on his discoveries and help people like me than him waiting and jumping through hoops on something he already KNOWS works.

When I first contacted Dr. Greco, he was completely upfront on saying how the results are unpredictable but after evaluating me he believed it could be beneficial to me. Also, he doesn't say everyone is a candidate, I know of two young people who were turned down PRP because of their degree of hair loss and Dr. Greco's thoughts of it not working on them. He could have easily just said it was unpredictable and did the treatment anyway, but he did not and was completely upfront with them.

I was willing to take the small risk of spending $1,000 to see if it worked....and it did. Your not out of much if it doesn't work for you.

I've seen what this treatment can do! I'm more than willing to continue to get treatments done and I ecstatic with the results I have. My only goal was to maintain my hair and that is what is happening plus some growth. Just the ability to maintain is a miracle within itself!

-Destin

I don't see why anyone is doubting the ethics of doctors who are offering this treatment. Dr. Greco made it clear from the get-go that results from this treatment will vary, and that no assurances will be made that any of his patients would see benefits.
    Patients who opt for this treatment are doing it with the full knowledge that it might not work. And for alot of us, spending $800 on a promising option is more than justified. How many people buy those expensive laser combs without thinking twice?
    For me, if it stops or slows down my hair loss, then I'll be ecstatic. If it turns out to be ineffective for me, then at least I'll know that I pursued every viable option to keep my hair.

And one more thing. I don't understand how data can be collected on PRP treatments if doctors aren't offering them right now. Doctors, unlike pharmaceutical companies, don't have all the resources in the world to perform free treatments en masse. Do you actually expect Dr. Greco to spend his own precious time and money to collect thousands of cases worth of data? As of now, the premise is that PRP treatments have worked for a good portion of his patients. It hasn't been proven to work, but if you are willing to try your luck at it, then he'll offer the service.

Thumbs up

We’ll said Destin and Buckerine. It seems like a very small risk to take and there appears to be some real science behind this treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    We’ll said Destin and Buckerine. It seems like a very small risk to take and there appears to be some real science behind this treatment.
    where is the science that has been the question all along?

As far as the investment issue, any doc that had the science built into a business plan and had 20 minutes to share with investors could raise money in a heartbeat.

Hey, I have a new medical procedure that I think helps people keep their existing hair and strengthens their hairs over time, I have used it on a few people. My brother has a full head of hair and he used it and it seems to work for him and I used it put it didn't work as well, so it works on some people and not on others, and thats really all I can say for now because of patent restrictions. I only charge $300 for the treatment and you will only have to come back every 3 months.

Any takers?????????????

As far as the investment issue, any doc that had the science built into a business plan and had 20 minutes to share with investors could raise money in a heartbeat.

Hey, I have a new medical procedure that I think helps people keep their existing hair and strengthens their hairs over time, I have used it on a few people. My brother has a full head of hair and he used it and it seems to work for him and I used it put it didn't work as well, so it works on some people and not on others, and thats really all I can say for now because of patent restrictions. I only charge $300 for the treatment and you will only have to come back every 3 months.

Any takers?????????????
    If you believed that it works, then I wouldn't say it's unethical on your part. And if you provided enough evidence that it may work for some individuals, then it's reasonable for them to try it, if they have the means. And other individuals, who aren't sold on the procedure, won't try it.

Any takers?????????????
    It was misunderstood for YEARS how Minoxidil worked... but it became FDA approved before it was understood. Also, what do you mean there is no science to it? If you put an extreme amount of growth factors into the dermis where the follicles are close to... it will only benefit hair.

Also, about this only works in some people and not others... well that is EVERY drug in the market. Nothing works for 100% of patients including drugs like Finasteride and Minoxidil. You're really being kind of stubborn about this. What do you do with drugs like Finasteride, they say take it for a year and you will see if it works for you or not. You can have PRP once and see if it works for you or not. If it does great, you only have to come back once every 8 months to a year, if not at least you tried and didn't lose much (very SMALL risk).

If your THIS much against it, then don't get it, but I would hate for you to discourage someone that this treatment may help. That would be a shame.

BTW, this statement you wrote: "Thats really all I can say for now because of patent restrictions" is BS, because he has been the most open doctor I know with this treatment. He has given anyone willing to listen all the information he knows about PRP, even on The Bald Truth radio.

This just urkes me a lot because he has been nothing but upfront from the beginning. It is not like he is making these false claims of 100% regrowth like you see everywhere else. He has been nothing but honest about everything.

I'm asking for the science or the clinical studies, thats all, does anyone have them??? Thats what the profession does.

Why don't you want my treatment, its cheaper, and yields the same results as far as you or I or any doctor would know??

How about it? It works on some people....take my word for it.

I'm asking for the science or the clinical studies, thats all, does anyone have them??? Thats what the profession does.

Why don't you want my treatment, its cheaper, and yields the same results as far as you or I or any doctor would know??

How about it? It works on some people....take my word for it.
    Give me a detailed explanation of what your treatment is, a presentation at the industry conference, support of some doctors, how it may work, and at least fifty testimonials of satisfied patients and I'll consider your treatment.