+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Alvi Armani Hair Loss Research Discontinues 'Hair Cloning'

Hi guys, found an article that was published yesterday 9/12/13, here's a link.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1224...ere-tr1-natura

cliffs:

-they don't have control over how cloned hair follicles will grow, it can go up down, side, so they are putting a halt to researching about hair cloning

-they are now researching a natural plant called Origenere TR1 because "A study using Origenere TR1 extract exhibited hair growth up to 38%, significant improvement versus Minoxidil and Finasteride."

Thoughts:
    I have some questions to the veterans of this forum.

-Who is this company and are they important?
    -Is this bad news since it suggest hair cloning is way more complicated than initially thought and other companies that are going the hair cloning route are going to quit too? For example, if this company can't do it, why would we even start to think that a small lab like Nigams would be able to produce good results via his 3d culture or whatever he is working with.
    -Does this natural plant really has any potential to be better than finasteride?

Alvi Armani ?! Never heard about it. well i guess there's no need to hear about it now sine it closed

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    Alvi Armani ?! Never heard about it. well i guess there's no need to hear about it now sine it closed
    There were some patents posted online about their discoveries, I believe theyre in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    There were some patents posted online about their discoveries, I believe they're in Italy.
    Well, i would like to say it's interesting, but no point in reading about them at all..
    We should keep an eye on companies that have a chance like Histogen, Replicel, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    Well, i would like to say it's interesting, but no point in reading about them at all..
    We should keep an eye on companies that have a chance like Histogen, Replicel, etc..
    Follica is a particularly interesting one, unlike the others, apparently they just need an approval on their device rather than the compounds used to inject as those are (supposedly) already known and approved.

I saw this yesterday and was thinking about posting it but I then saw that the post was basically self marketing. The guy has something similar to Spencers Hair restorations surgeons and the idea the a plant extract can have better results than fin is just ridiculous. Obviously I hope I am wrong and that we can get a hold of that plant but I don't think this is worth any time.

This was really promising because when I read the patent, it said that they achieved something like 114% hair regrowth, which would amount to basically a full head of hair. Here is the patent: http://www.google.com/patents/US20110305671.

I don't really have much confidence in some all-natural plant extract. But I'm sure they're still content with charging $20,000 with their archaic hair transplants though.

isn't it a very bad news in general for the fiel of hair cloning or hair multiplication? and for people who believed it might be five years from now?

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post

isn't it a very bad news in general for the fiel of hair cloning or hair multiplication? and for people who believed it might be five years from now?
    What do you mean? The following part?
    "Any hair loss treatment must produce cosmetically acceptable results and without control of hair angulation and trajectory in hair cloning, unattractive cosmetic outcomes are likely. The amount of donor follicles to be collected is far greater than initially thought. Donor cell extraction process is difficult with significant amount of cellular waste producing limited usable cells. Thousands of follicles are needed to replicate them for treating baldness. Potential for cancer development with excessive auto replication of injected cloned cells is also a concern," said Dr. Hayatdavoudi.

The problem, for example, with the "control of hair angulation and trajectory in hair cloning" is not not only "likely" it's, unfortunately, a FACT. For example, Dr. Ken Washenik (Aderans) reported this as well 1 year ago or so, namely, THE reason why they stopped on focusing for "brand new hairs from scratch".

But don't worry:
    Dr. Nigam has solved all these problems within month - and with photoshop ...

That's what happens when you try cloning. But it turns out it's not necessary to do so