+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    You know what guys "ignorance is bliss!" and that is so god damn right!

The more I read research papers and articles, interviews and future timelines the more I realise how much work is still left to be accomplished before we really see the cure!

I've been burying myself under so many scientific papers trying to find a glimmer of hope that maybe by 2020 we will be OK...but the more I look, the more I realise the extent of work necessary to accomplish such a dream!

Unlimited donor is NOT a pipe dream and I promise you it will be available on 1st of January 2025! Guaranteed! But before then all we have are hormone altering drugs! Period.

If only I could tell you the problems that we have to overcome! Things like:

- Telomeres not returning to embryonic size in iPS cells
    - Stem Cell lines that are not perfect (1 in 6 lines generally have the right characetetistic...FML)
    - Discovering new technologies to distinguish between imperfect and perfect stem cell lines
    - Stem cell magnification issues
    - Ban on embryonic stem cell research!
    - Scaffolding issues
    - Discovering a suitable human bioassay for the hair germs to mature!
    - Directional/growth angle issues
    - Safety issues (cancer risk, etc)
    - Long regulatory approval processes that may see a potential cell therapy go through 15-18 years of trials before reaching the market!

I can write a PhD on what needs to be accomplished and its so depressing!

If we are already here on this forum today as members, then we know what needs to be done if we really want to keep our hair! and if we have already lost a substantial amount of hair, there's only the hair transplant option with possible minor donor regeneration!

I wish I was born in the new millennia, because our generation still needs to come to terms with this disease!

I'm really sorry about this rant guys, but I needed to vent...it's a long and challenging road ahead for all of us! And I'm not only talking about us patients (that's right I used that word) but also for the researchers...

Alvi Armani, Ken Washenik, Kurt Stenn all these guys called it quits! But that's only because it's not the right time!

I can promise you, we will see all these names being mentioned on this forum again in 10 years, when stem cell therapies are advanced enough for these guys to give it another go!

But in the meantime, we are stuck with these damn drugs we're not happy with and Histogen seems to be taking its sweet a** time, which only makes things more difficult...

I'm really sorry again for this very un-Desmond like attitude...but the facts are the facts.

Love you all

- Des
    2025 is the latest estimate yes? What do you think the earliest is?

RU def works , i pray that CB works for others on this forum so that I can be confident to try that.

Damn Desmond, I think this is the first ever post of yours that I don't like. Washenik and Stenn didn't give up, Spencer even specifically explained this on the show. They just stopped getting funding from a bunch of business-minded individuals who thought that continuing to sell wigs and hair transplants would make them the most money. And also from what Spencer indicated, they seemed to grow significant amounts of hair as well, a fact that people seem to largely forget.

It's very hard to believe these "business minded people" would refuse to go forward with a product that gave significant results. The only way this is reasonable in business terms is if the company would make less from selling this new technology than what it already makes from its wig business.

I know some people buy wigs but come on: if they had a cure everyone, including the wig buyers, would go for it. And Aderans could decide on whichever price maximizes their profits because people would still do anything for it.

The point is, Aderans Research didn't have anything significant.