+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Argh

You know what guys "ignorance is bliss!" and that is so god damn right!

The more I read research papers and articles, interviews and future timelines the more I realise how much work is still left to be accomplished before we really see the cure!

I've been burying myself under so many scientific papers trying to find a glimmer of hope that maybe by 2020 we will be OK...but the more I look, the more I realise the extent of work necessary to accomplish such a dream!

Unlimited donor is NOT a pipe dream and I promise you it will be available on 1st of January 2025! Guaranteed! But before then all we have are hormone altering drugs! Period.

If only I could tell you the problems that we have to overcome! Things like:

- Telomeres not returning to embryonic size in iPS cells
    - Stem Cell lines that are not perfect (1 in 6 lines generally have the right characetetistic...FML)
    - Discovering new technologies to distinguish between imperfect and perfect stem cell lines
    - Stem cell magnification issues
    - Ban on embryonic stem cell research!
    - Scaffolding issues
    - Discovering a suitable human bioassay for the hair germs to mature!
    - Directional/growth angle issues
    - Safety issues (cancer risk, etc)
    - Long regulatory approval processes that may see a potential cell therapy go through 15-18 years of trials before reaching the market!

I can write a PhD on what needs to be accomplished and its so depressing!

If we are already here on this forum today as members, then we know what needs to be done if we really want to keep our hair! and if we have already lost a substantial amount of hair, there's only the hair transplant option with possible minor donor regeneration!

I wish I was born in the new millennia, because our generation still needs to come to terms with this disease!

I'm really sorry about this rant guys, but I needed to vent...it's a long and challenging road ahead for all of us! And I'm not only talking about us patients (that's right I used that word) but also for the researchers...

Alvi Armani, Ken Washenik, Kurt Stenn all these guys called it quits! But that's only because it's not the right time!

I can promise you, we will see all these names being mentioned on this forum again in 10 years, when stem cell therapies are advanced enough for these guys to give it another go!

But in the meantime, we are stuck with these damn drugs we're not happy with and Histogen seems to be taking its sweet a** time, which only makes things more difficult...

I'm really sorry again for this very un-Desmond like attitude...but the facts are the facts.

Love you all

- Des

Btw, what the hell is going on with Histogen?

They've won the court case, got their patent all across the world, finished their Phase 1/2a almost 10 months ago and there's still no indication they are doing a Phase 2b anytime soon!!!

I mean its great to do little mini-trials BUT to sell your product to consumers, you need to conduct proper Phase 2b trials.

If Cosmo, follows Histogen's path, CB-03-01 will NOT hit the market till at least 2020!

Histogen conducted it's first in man trial in 2009. We are now 3 months away from 2014, so pretty much 5 years ago and they still haven't started Phase 2b!

So Phase 2b takes another 2 years then there's this 1 year interim period then Phase 3 for 2 years then another 1 year for approval, making 2020 its earliest release date in western countries! Seriously what a let down!

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    Alvi Armani ?! Never heard about it. well i guess there's no need to hear about it now sine it closed
    From what I re call Armani has been in the transplant game for quite a while, I believe they're based in america. There was a bit of controversy some years ago with him as a surgeon getting bad rep for performing HT which weren't conservative... i.e too low hairline and dense packing on younger patients who would potentially run out of donor in this fashion in years to come with a HT plan that is not sustainable.

Histogen is taking the time any biotech takes. You guys are the ones who set these really high expectations for their timeline, basically putting all your hopes in the best case scenario (or I should say "out of the ordinary case scenario") and look now what happens when reality hits...

Anyways Desmond, relax, Follica doesn't rely on stem cell and all other advanced regeneration technologies. If a bunch of people can use a dermaroller at home and see some kind of results just by doing that, then I have a good feeling about what Mr. Cotsarelis is doing, but we need to be patient and put our energy and frustration to improve our lives.

And yeah in the meantime, finasteride....

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Wow. No words.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post

They've won the court case, got their patent all across the world, finished their Phase 1/2a almost 10 months ago and there's still no indication they are doing a Phase 2b anytime soon!!!

I mean its great to do little mini-trials BUT to sell your product to consumers, you need to conduct proper Phase 2b trials.

If Cosmo, follows Histogen's path, CB-03-01 will NOT hit the market till at least 2020!

Histogen conducted it's first in man trial in 2009. We are now 3 months away from 2014, so pretty much 5 years ago and they still haven't started Phase 2b!

So Phase 2b takes another 2 years then there's this 1 year interim period then Phase 3 for 2 years then another 1 year for approval, making 2020 its earliest release date in western countries! Seriously what a let down!
    I used to be happy when reading Desmonds posts. Not any longer... I really hope cosmo doesn`t follow histogen`s path. Even if I don`t have side effects on a mini dose fin, I really don`t like the idea to be on it for another 6 years. I`m so sad right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post

Des take it easy dude, Histogen need to conduct an animal toxicity study, I'm in the same boat as you, however I can't even tolerate fin, so I'm essentially doing nothing for my hair loss. I have no options apart from a hair transplant which wouldnt give me a decent result as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Histogen is taking the time any biotech takes. You guys are the ones who set these really high expectations for their timeline, basically putting all your hopes in the best case scenario (or I should say "out of the ordinary case scenario") and look now what happens when reality hits...

Anyways Desmond, relax, Follica doesn't rely on stem cell and all other advanced regeneration technologies. If a bunch of people can use a dermaroller at home and see some kind of results just by doing that, then I have a good feeling about what Mr. Cotsarelis is doing, but we need to be patient and put our energy and frustration to improve our lives.

That's true, I mean if that Huffington post article wasnt overhyped bullshit then we should get a better treatment off Follica before the 2025 date mentioned by Desmond.

But of course, how many times has an article turned out to be bullshit? From my experience 99.9% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    That's true, I mean if that Huffington post article wasnt overhyped bullshit then we should get a better treatment off Follica before the 2025 date mentioned by Desmond.

But of course, how many times has an article turned out to be bullshit? From my experience 99.9% of the time.
    What keeps my hopes up is the fact that the article says exactly what the Follica press release said

Wounding=cell regeneration=creation of follicle (when pushed in that direction)

The body is already doing what many labs are trying to achieve. The body can do this cheaper, faster, with a natural visual result if I was researching hair multiplication with stem cells I would give up too and buy shares in Follica.