+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sawbaldmetto View Post
    I've seen that, or something similar. I wouldn't put too much merit in it. Note this lone from the bottom -

* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
    ** Reports from social media are used.

I mean yeah, it's obvious people experience the problem but I'm not sure how accurate any of that is.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...919414041.html

And now it seems doxy + sun exposure = hair loss?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by sawbaldmetto View Post
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...919414041.html

And now it seems doxy + sun exposure = hair loss?!?!
    Yeah, but I haven't heard why or what happens. Is the damage temporary? Permanent? What's the treatment if any?

Hard to find a good doctor for these questions....

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed...parathyroidism

I don't know whether the damage is permanent or temporary...I honestly wouldn't put it past our luck that it is indeed permanent since I have not heard of any "regrowth" from people taking doxy and losing hair. But I will say - to answer your question about what I'm doing to rule out everything else, is I'm boosting my vitamin D levels since mine were pretty low (22ng/mL). It's said that anything below 30 is bad, let alone below 50. A healthy vitamin D level is ~65-70ng/mL. Hypoparathyroidism which can be caused by Vit. D deficiency does cause hair loss - especially patchy hair loss which is what I'm experiencing.

sawbaldmetto, how do you feel about this info - http://www.heralopecia.com/interact/...-about-Candida

Quote Originally Posted by razzer View Post
    sawbaldmetto, how do you feel about this info - http://www.heralopecia.com/interact/...-about-Candida
    I don't follow the Candida theory it tends to be drawn from unscientific thinking/understanding of diseases/disorders. I only believe in 'alternative' medicine if it has gone through the trials/proof of peer reviewed studies..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candida...tive_therapies

Scalp biopsy Monday hopefully. And hopefully I have a better idea of what I'm dealing with. I'm more frustrated with not knowing for certain than I am with potentially going bald. It just seems too strange that so many people are complaining about this drug inducing hair loss.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Acne/Do...ss/show/644575

Yet no answers anywhere as to how to combat it, if it's permanent or if it stops.

Saw a derm, she recommended I not get the biopsy and instead wait a few months. She diagnosed me with TE.

The first derm said MPB.

So who knows.

I did take a set of pictures I've been taking from before any hair loss to last week and she said the hair already looks improved.

I'm pretty sure the pill caused the hair loss so TE makes sense and I'll cross my fingers.

She did say something interesting... to try Rogaine, let the Rogaine hair grow, then stop using it. If the hairs remain then it definitely is/was TE. But, typical TE recovery time is about the same amount of time it takes Rogaine to work. So it's almost pointless to even use it.

I guess I'll have to wait and see. I wish I had an exact answer, I'd rest easier knowing I just need to wait or if I need to start Propecia asap.

That's interesting because I'm in the same boat... sorta.
    I went to an endocrinologist and he looked at me, my hair, my medical history, and my "before" pictures and diagnosed me with having TE. I'm still not sure and some mornings still make me cringe, although my hair is thicker and fuller. Arguably, the waiting is the hardest part.

Quote Originally Posted by razzer View Post
    Saw a derm, she recommended I not get the biopsy and instead wait a few months. She diagnosed me with TE.

The first derm said MPB.

So who knows.

I did take a set of pictures I've been taking from before any hair loss to last week and she said the hair already looks improved.

I'm pretty sure the pill caused the hair loss so TE makes sense and I'll cross my fingers.

She did say something interesting... to try Rogaine, let the Rogaine hair grow, then stop using it. If the hairs remain then it definitely is/was TE. But, typical TE recovery time is about the same amount of time it takes Rogaine to work. So it's almost pointless to even use it.

I guess I'll have to wait and see. I wish I had an exact answer, I'd rest easier knowing I just need to wait or if I need to start Propecia asap.