+ Reply to Thread

Default Forelock miniaturizing...

How does a HT physician battle the effects of hair loss when the forelock in the front is undergoing miniaturization. I'm worried about paying money for a HT, when I see the amount of forelock diminish through the months. Does this mean that a physician would insert grafts that are overlapping with the forelock to counter the hair loss in that area?

I hope what I'm saying makes sense, lol.

Stabilize it with meds. Getting an HT while your hair loss is progressing makes your scalp a black hole for money & grafts, and the end game is bad news (needing more work w/ no grafts left)

I was going to say the exact same thing as 25.

First of all, a real good doctor wouldn't even do an HT on you without first suggesting to get on finasteride and rogaine(If you're not on it) and monitor your hair loss throughout the year. Even at Bosley, when I went a long time ago, when I didn't know about HT's and which doctors are reputable, they refused to just outright give me an HT. They said I was a candidate but that I had to stabilize it first, and they prescribed me with Propecia and Rogaine and told me to come back in 6 months. So the person took pictures of my scalp before I left, I got on the meds, responded well, went back in 6 months and the pictures showed I had results and then they told me they can do the HT now. That was a long time ago though, and that was Bosley, a company that doesn't really have much backing from the professionals here.

So I imagine one of the American Hair Loss Assoc. doctors would be even more strict with this unless they are being greedy and trying to make as much money as possible out of you. Because that's all you're going to be doing if you get a HT without controlling your MPB first, you're just going to go back for more and more hair and just end looking like a doll. Eventually it will look unnatural, IMO, if your whole head are transplanted hairs, unless we're talking about hair cloning and you can get a 50k graft densely packed HT. I would get a HT right now if I had the money, because i'm on meds, I have controlled my hair loss, and most importantly i'm determined to never get off medications. So at tops, probably two HT's would do wonders for me, but I don't see how one 2,500 graft HT wouldn't be good enough.