+ Reply to Thread

Thread: using Nizoral?

Default using Nizoral?

So what is a safe way to start up Niz?
    I ordered 2 bottles and upon reading some people say it makes their problem worse but then the replies are usually from over usage.

What is a good size amount to use? (quarter or Dime size?)

How long to leave it in?

Conditioner or no?

Do you massage in hard, soft, or just lather and leave?

Any other tips would be helpful

thanks

Hi there,
    Be aware that using Nizoiral shampoo can cause a negative effect on your hair and scalp if over used. It can dry your scalp right out with too many applications and also cause server shedding. It is marketed as a dandruff shampoo essentially, not a hair loss treatment.

I have spoken with a few guys recently and over the years who have introduced nizoral as part of their reg and it has not done them any favours, if anything its hindered them.

It's all too easy to use nizoral shampoo and feel you are benefiting your situ . It makes your hair feel great and also look fuller. The risk you run is over applying it due to this and in turn causing a drastic shed in some cases.

In my opinion you are best off using it maximum 1 x a week as it simply cleans and strips the scalp of all the oil ( that leads to dandruff )

Use it like any normal shampoo, - Leave in for a couple mins and you can use an independent conditioner after it.

People may have a different opinion to me on this but i have spoken to many guys and a VERY common pattern has raised its head to me due to numerous and varied feedback on use /over use of nizoral.

I have experienced a nizoral shed personally as i used to use it regularly until i realsied my hair was freaking out as a result of over use I now only use 1 x a week max.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Damn, I have been definitely over using. I will cut it down to once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Hi there,
    Be aware that using Nizoiral shampoo can cause a negative effect on your hair and scalp if over used. It can dry your scalp right out with too many applications and also cause server shedding. It is marketed as a dandruff shampoo essentially, not a hair loss treatment.

I have spoken with a few guys recently and over the years who have introduced nizoral as part of their reg and it has not done them any favours, if anything its hindered them.

It's all too easy to use nizoral shampoo and feel you are benefiting your situ . It makes your hair feel great and also look fuller. The risk you run is over applying it due to this and in turn causing a drastic shed in some cases.

In my opinion you are best off using it maximum 1 x a week as it simply cleans and strips the scalp of all the oil ( that leads to dandruff )

Use it like any normal shampoo, - Leave in for a couple mins and you can use an independent conditioner after it.

People may have a different opinion to me on this but i have spoken to many guys and a VERY common pattern has raised its head to me due to numerous and varied feedback on use /over use of nizoral.

I have experienced a nizoral shed personally as i used to use it regularly until i realsied my hair was freaking out as a result of over use I now only use 1 x a week max.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Spex
    thanks this is why Im asking. How much should you use at one time tho?
    Say like a quarter size in your palm?

also is it safe to use with another shampoo on the off days? Working on the house and bike can get me really greasy and I like to wash whats left after.

I guess 2 bottles will last me MONTHS then lol.

Safe to use with minoxidil right after?

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

The size of a quarter is about the size i use. I suppose it depends on how much hair you have on your head.

I use it along side my daily shampoo H&S ( Head and Shoulders) with no probs.

Using minox straight after is not a problem in my opinion and a good time to apply it.

Cheers
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

The size of a quarter is about the size i use. I suppose it depends on how much hair you have on your head.

I use it along side my daily shampoo H&S ( Head and Shoulders) with no probs.

Using minox straight after is not a problem in my opinion and a good time to apply it.

Cheers
    Spex
    I was going to use once a week but after my first use it felt pretty nice and so far no adverse reactions.
    Is the over the counter safe to go twice a week?
    thanks for the help so far, Im REALLY keeping my fingers crossed this helps, Im actually driving to MASS tomorrow to check out a HT doc and have another apt next thrus after work with another.

Hi there,

I hope this helps.

Regards

Spex

I was just wondering why anyone would use Nizoral when there are other Ketoconazole shampoos out there that ALSO help protect the scalp. I am trying to decide which shampoo to buy.
    I only wash my hair once a week. Would it be best to use Nizoral because it is stronger as oppose to using another weaker Ketoconazole shampoo everday?
    Is Nizoral`s Ketoconazole stronger? If not, why do you still use it?

I recently started using nizoral and recently noticed a lot of shedding!! I intend to stop using nizoral as frequently as recently been around 3times a week. I never thought this could of been due to nizoral but on reading this I'm convinced.

Didn't like using it, made my hair feel weird and if it did make a difference it wasnt noticeable, used it for about 8 months then gave up on it.