+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    Don't DHT levels fall off with age...at 53, is he really going to benefit from fin?

As for the immediate reactions, come on guys, yes he doesn't have the degree of hair loss people on this site are used to, but it's affecting his mental well being which is something were all familiar with. Cut him some slack
    At Dr. Cole's office, we see men with every degree of hair loss imaginable. last year, we had a patient in his mid 50s with hair like former president Ronald Reagan. No recession at all and his hair was thick with one exception, he and an area in the back the size of a silver dollar that was thinning. This bothered him enough to have hair transplant surgery to restore the area.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    www.forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    No recession at all and his hair was thick with one exception, he and an area in the back the size of a silver dollar that was thinning. This bothered him enough to have hair transplant surgery to restore the area.
    That kind of patient should be turned down as a candidate for a hair transplant. I can't believe I've been turned down twice as a NW5 and that a NW-1 can have surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    That kind of patient should be turned down as a candidate for a hair transplant. I can't believe I've been turned down twice as a NW5 and that a NW-1 can have surgery.
    were you turned down for lack of donor hair?
    I was turned away when I was younger due to age and not really so much loss but just because I wanted to do a preemptive strike for what I knew was coming.

Im looking into using body hair from my chest and legs as filler with head hair, but I get mixed reactions online about this use.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    were you turned down for lack of donor hair?
    I was turned away when I was younger due to age and not really so much loss but just because I wanted to do a preemptive strike for what I knew was coming.

Im looking into using body hair from my chest and legs as filler with head hair, but I get mixed reactions online about this use.
    What a weird reason, the younger you are, the more you suffer from this disease.

Think body hair doesn't grow that long as hair on your head.

Btw, if you should get an hair transplant is it sure those hair won't fall out? And how do you now what a 1000 grafts look like?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Why were you turned down?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    www.forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Atum View Post
    Btw, if you should get an hair transplant is it sure those hair won't fall out? And how do you now what a 1000 grafts look like?
    nothing is for sure, but the take I get from reading is only the hairs on the top of the head suffer from the DHT reaction so transplanted hair is presumably immune from it.

there is shock loss as well tho when a transplant is done.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Why were you turned down?
    Because I was too bald. What a wonderful thing to hear when you're only 23 years old. All the men in my family are NW5 but Bisanga said I could end up NW7. I don't see how that would be possible but if he says so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The proven medications are Propecia and Rogaine - or their generic equivalents. You need to talk to your doctor about Propecia or generic Finasteride because a script is needed to get it. Rogaine or generic Minoxidil is available OTC. However Rogaine alone can only do so much. For your best chances of filling that spot in, it is best to use both Propecia and Rogaine.

Also ask your doctor for a script for Nizoral shampoo and use it once a week in place of your regular shampoo.

While treating your hair loss, you can easily conceal that spot with Dermmatch.

Minoxidil is the generic name for Rogaine

Don't be too worried about those who complain about your post. Just because you are over 50 that does not mean it doesn't bother you. Since it does bother you, go speak with your doctor. And please read the information about men's hair loss in this link:

http://www.americanhairloss.org/
    Who should I pay my first visit too concerning this?

Thanks. I did get a subscription of Propecia but stopped using it out of fear of growing breasts. lol Does Propecia grow back old hair or merely just stop hair loss? Maybe I should start again.

I will look into the Nizolal shampoo.

Okay I am going to talk to a doctor this week to at least get a few free consultations for a hair transplant. It does bother me. Sorry to whoever it offends. I don't owe anyone an apology. I am also going to talk to a dermatologist about medications and shampoos. I started taking my rogaine again this morning. Rogain takes about a year to work, right?