+ Reply to Thread

Default Micropigmentation & buzz cut

I'm interested in scalp micropigmentation - I already have a decent amount of hair but am thinning at the front - see photo.

Pretty much the only photos I've seen of micropigmentation are for completely shaven headed guys, but I'm not really keen on this look - ideally I want a buzz cut like the photo attached.

Anyone know if this can work, or would hair growth any longer than shaven headed draw attention to the tattooing?

Would be great if I could grow a little bit of hair, even if just a step on on being totoally shaven to the skin.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	buzz.jpg

Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	22962   Click image for larger version

Name:	jake1.jpg

Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	22963   Click image for larger version

Name:	buzz2.jpg

Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	22964  

Yo Nicky....

1st of all I'd say - You still have plenty of hair, I would not do anything for at least 2 years if I were you, your hair is pretty much all there.

2nd of all - I am currently considering SMP and am actually very close to booking the treatment.

I am a NW6 though, I don't have any other option as there is nothing out there that can help me. SMP is the only real option at gaining back at least the look of hair for me.

There is no chance you are going to get away with having your hair buzzed to that of Jake Gillenhall in that photo you uploaded + have SMP. It would be ridiculously obvious that you had SMP done.

I usually cut my hair with clippers with no guard. Yesterday I took the plunge and shaved my head with a rotary beard shaver and it cuts very short, the 3D'ness of hair disappears and you are left with a shadow effect which is exactly what SMP is....a 2D shadow. So IMO shaving this short is a MUST if you are going to have SMP.

Sounds scary having hair that short I know, it was scary enough for me to do it and I have been a NW6 buzzing my hair for years. It would be a dramatic change for you seeing as you have a full mop of hair.

You should avoid SMP until your hairloss is pretty bad. You don't need it. You should also get used to buzzing your hair short before going straight into an SMP clinic buzzing your hair down and getting SMP. You need to get used to a buzzed head.

I'm sorry to say this but it likely that you will never be a good candidate for micropigmentation. Why? Because you are blond, they do not say this on their websites, but even make-up artists trained by Milena Lardi refuse to perform micropigmentation on people with blond hair.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I'm sorry to say this but it likely that you will never be a good candidate for micropigmentation. Why? Because you are blond, they do not say this on their websites, but even make-up artists trained by Milena Lardi refuse to perform micropigmentation on people with blond hair.
    I think HIS HAIR clinic would happily treat him.

Hair when shaved short as short can be look more grey than blonde/ginger and this can be catered for with a light pigment.

Jake Gyllenhaal is definitely a candidate for best head of celebrity hair. He's in his mid-30s and has an amazing, dense head of hair. Even at that relatively young age, that's pretty uncommon--same head of hair as a 12 year old. No maturation of the hairline at all.

Default Micropigmentation

I'm in my mid 40's and started hair transplants as well as a scalp reduction in my early 20's. After 3 procedures I'm not happy with the density and am thinking about buzzing my head and getting micropigmentation to cover up the scars and fill in the thin areas. Can anyone recommend someone in the LA or Orange County area?

Scalp Micropigmentation can make minor improvements to a man's appearance, but the small improvement is not worth the thousands these places charge. I had my procedure done at a clinic that charged over $4,000. I will say that under dim or very little lighting I have the appearance of a full head of buzzed hair. BUT... any kind of overhead lighting, bright or soft, and the tattooed dots disapear, the light hits my natural remaining hair, and the contrast of hair and scalp causes me to still look very much like a bald man. Every situation in life involves overhead lighting LOL- stores, offices, the sun! Needless to say, over $4,000 later and I still wear a ball cap everywhere I go... unless Im in a dim lit area LOL. What's worse is that the clinic did nothing for me to improve my situation and seemed to care less that I wasnt satisfied. Very Disapointing experience, I wouldnt recommend to anyone!