+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    If you are a good bassist, no makes fun of you. For example, Cliff Burton from Metallica and Flea from RHCP!
    Do you play bass?
    Trust me as good as you can get the only people who admire you are either other bassist or guys who want to be bass players (usually big goobs).

In my younger years it used to eat me alive when we played out. After every show ALL the people who came up after to meet me were bass players. I hated it. My drummer and guitarist used to get all the girls and I was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better looking.

It also depends on the music. We played rock so bass is not really so predominant there.

This is a whole other discussion tho, I have since started playing again after a few years hiatus, it takes my mind off my hair for a little while a day. Until I get in another band that is and then im just the BALD bass player.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Another thing that is annoying is when people suggest you shave your head and then mention all the famous people with shaved heads. Like any of us are going to look like: The Rock, Jason Statham, or Vin Diesel.
    Lol I actually did that, not too many posts ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Lol I actually did that, not too many posts ago.
    Ran shaved a while. Some people said it looked "okay" but honest a front face picture of me was awful.
    Even my gf in the end who WANTED me to start shaving it told me to grow it back.
    Sucks because of her I prob wasted the last few good years of hair shaving.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    Do you play bass?
    Trust me as good as you can get the only people who admire you are either other bassist or guys who want to be bass players (usually big goobs).

In my younger years it used to eat me alive when we played out. After every show ALL the people who came up after to meet me were bass players. I hated it. My drummer and guitarist used to get all the girls and I was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better looking.

It also depends on the music. We played rock so bass is not really so predominant there.

This is a whole other discussion tho, I have since started playing again after a few years hiatus, it takes my mind off my hair for a little while a day. Until I get in another band that is and then im just the BALD bass player.
    I know what you mean, I work in IT. As a result of my work we have been nominated for awards; I have had publications in magazines etc yet no girl is interested because it is IT related.

Doesn't quite have the same sex appeal as being a singer.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    Do you play bass?

I bet most of the girls don't even know the difference between bass and guitar, LOL!

ldozer;151233]I bet most of the girls don't even know the difference between bass and guitar, LOL![/QUOTE]

Played bass many years and trust me girls know the difference.
    There have been a few exceptions like gene and Nikki but they are very rare.

Most girls see bass player and think lazy loser of the band who will never be able to write them a song.

Serioulsy tho this is way off topic

Swingline, I too am a bass player and I never really felt that women didn't approach me as much because I played bass as opposed to guitar or drums. I love to play 80s hard rock/metal and a person's look was really what was important in drawing women to you. That's why I hate hair loss so much: because I had such a great long-haired rock n roll look before I started losing my hair. True though, bass is an easier instrument to learn/play than guitar but I found that as long as you're in a band, it really doesn't matter what instrument you play, women will still flock to you.

Baldozer, you're totally right. Head tattooing is an absolutely asinine "solution" for hair loss. It seems like all of these treatments today appeal to only a handful of people. I've heard that today's treatments are only used by like 5% of hair loss sufferers. So let's say 5% of people get hair transplants. Do people in the hair loss industry really think that crazy s**t like beard hair transplants and head tattooing are going to appeal to anything close to a majority of hair loss sufferers?

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Head tattooing is an absolutely asinine "solution" for hair loss.
    Why?

Although I'm far from even having to buzz my hair, I still had a look at Scalp Micropigmentation.

To me, it's actually one of the most attractive options out there.

It has no affect on hair transplants (it's actually used in conjunction many times) and it wont interfere with future solutions.

Many people also do it before losing all their hair, so you can still feel the prickle of the hair they have left when you run your hands through it, making it more realistic.

When I have to shave my head, I'm going to get this done.

This look is not bad

Especially if you get a natural looking hair line, that's low enough to frame your face nicely but high enough to look natural.

I think there's a huge difference between being shiny-fleshy-skin bald and having that 5 o'clock shadow all over.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    I think there's a huge difference between being shiny-fleshy-skin bald and having that 5 o'clock shadow all over.
    Well duh.

Slick and shiny is the way to go.