+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic12 View Post
    In my opinion and the opinion of many girls I know,

Balding only makes you look like a gross old guy if you keep the sides and back (the unaffected areas).

Just shave it all off with a blade. It's not as sexy as having a full head of hair but you still fit into a niche. The shaved head look is not the best look but it's still a look. A girl would rather sleep with a tough bad boy skinhead looking guy than a sad NW6 loser.

I workout at a Gold's Gym and I couldn't tell you how many jacked bodybuilders I've seen with shaved heads. Many bring their (hot) lady friends along to workout too. In fact, most bodybuilders I see there have no hair to be honest. Normally the bigger they are the less hair they have (not joking lol).

The caveat is they are swole. If you're an out of shape skinny-fat guy right now it would probably take you 5 years of consistent training and disciplined eating plans to look good enough to be bald.

I'm a NW2 and I'm putting in my training time early in case I ever have to go shiny.
    Steroids?

Probably.

If you don't want to go shiny, there is milk of magnesia.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Seriously, no one knows the pain and suffering of hair loss,

ESPECIALLY AS A YOUNG NORWOOD 6 SLICK BALD like myself.....I FEEL THERE IS NO HOPE LEFT.

I am not good looking either, so it hurts.....

People laugh at me all the time and say I look 50.......

SPENCER KOBREN, THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE FOR US.

MAY THE UNIVERSE BLESS YOU WITH A GREAT GREAT LIFE......

It funny, you cant put yourself in someones elses shoes. You have a certain potential you want to elevate to and when something consumes even a minor aspect of that potential it is still a portion of the whole.

My buddies say the same thing. What I can say is that as bad as we are to each other we know the ONE thing that we all hate about ourselves and seem to not knock it. My best friend was always heavy but I NEVER made fun of his weight and in fact its because of me (not me but my lifestyle when we were room mating) he quit smoking, and lost about 150lbs.

Now he has the hanging skin. I have seen it and where he hates it and all he talks about is getting it removed I talk about my HT. He finally gets it now somewhat.

I always compare it to being in a band. I play bass, its not the most well renowned instrument and mostly the butt of jokes. I never knew it though when i was younger learning it.
    I told my last guitarist you can honestly understand why it annoys me because you are the guitarist, admiration just comes with the package. You can be mediocre and still get more praise than I ever will (he was FAR from mediocre tho lol).

Its not just hair loss, we are people, we are selfish and no matter what "my" problem is always more important and worse than "yours".

Best option is not talk about it with them unless you have some kind of news thats good, such as a HT consult, or your taking some med thats working. If they want to go out and your feeling down, just saying your busy atm or youll meet them out later. It sucks but everyone blames my GF for me not really going out much but honestly my hair makes me so self concious I dont want to go out and have a night life.

How did you let that happen to yourself, did you try fin or minox or was it so fast?

Denial lasted for a long time for me.

Fin and minox cant save you, and HT's would cost you a fortune.

You need a SMP procedure man.

SMP is 2000 euros every year because it fades. In 3 years, you reach the cost of a HT.

Has anybody else noticed that FlightTL starts threads, then never posts in them again?

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Has anybody else noticed that FlightTL starts threads, then never posts in them again?
    He's crazier than yyy...

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    "Get over it" is the worst MPB advice ever. Usually it is not even genuine advice, just some joker trying to put on a facade like he would be "manly" and shave his head if it happened to him. Or else it is some bald guy who looked ridiculous with hair anyway & had nothing to lose by going NW6-7.
    Well there's not much else you can do when you're a slick NW6.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    It funny, you cant put yourself in someones elses shoes. You have a certain potential you want to elevate to and when something consumes even a minor aspect of that potential it is still a portion of the whole.

My buddies say the same thing. What I can say is that as bad as we are to each other we know the ONE thing that we all hate about ourselves and seem to not knock it. My best friend was always heavy but I NEVER made fun of his weight and in fact its because of me (not me but my lifestyle when we were room mating) he quit smoking, and lost about 150lbs.

Now he has the hanging skin. I have seen it and where he hates it and all he talks about is getting it removed I talk about my HT. He finally gets it now somewhat.

I always compare it to being in a band. I play bass, its not the most well renowned instrument and mostly the butt of jokes. I never knew it though when i was younger learning it.
    I told my last guitarist you can honestly understand why it annoys me because you are the guitarist, admiration just comes with the package. You can be mediocre and still get more praise than I ever will (he was FAR from mediocre tho lol).

Its not just hair loss, we are people, we are selfish and no matter what "my" problem is always more important and worse than "yours".

Best option is not talk about it with them unless you have some kind of news thats good, such as a HT consult, or your taking some med thats working. If they want to go out and your feeling down, just saying your busy atm or youll meet them out later. It sucks but everyone blames my GF for me not really going out much but honestly my hair makes me so self concious I dont want to go out and have a night life.
    If you are a good bassist, no makes fun of you. For example, Cliff Burton from Metallica and Flea from RHCP!

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    SMP is 2000 euros every year because it fades. In 3 years, you reach the cost of a HT.
    SMP seems to be a really stupid solution for baldness. It is so obvious on a slick bald head. It can only work on someone with diffused pattern baldness, because then, you could still feel hair on the head if you touch it. And secondly, the dots would be camouflaged to extent by existing hair.