+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    If you are a good bassist, no makes fun of you. For example, Cliff Burton from Metallica and Flea from RHCP!
    Do you play bass?
    Trust me as good as you can get the only people who admire you are either other bassist or guys who want to be bass players (usually big goobs).

In my younger years it used to eat me alive when we played out. After every show ALL the people who came up after to meet me were bass players. I hated it. My drummer and guitarist used to get all the girls and I was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better looking.

It also depends on the music. We played rock so bass is not really so predominant there.

This is a whole other discussion tho, I have since started playing again after a few years hiatus, it takes my mind off my hair for a little while a day. Until I get in another band that is and then im just the BALD bass player.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    Do you play bass?
    Trust me as good as you can get the only people who admire you are either other bassist or guys who want to be bass players (usually big goobs).

In my younger years it used to eat me alive when we played out. After every show ALL the people who came up after to meet me were bass players. I hated it. My drummer and guitarist used to get all the girls and I was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better looking.

It also depends on the music. We played rock so bass is not really so predominant there.

This is a whole other discussion tho, I have since started playing again after a few years hiatus, it takes my mind off my hair for a little while a day. Until I get in another band that is and then im just the BALD bass player.
    I know what you mean, I work in IT. As a result of my work we have been nominated for awards; I have had publications in magazines etc yet no girl is interested because it is IT related.

Doesn't quite have the same sex appeal as being a singer.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    Do you play bass?

I bet most of the girls don't even know the difference between bass and guitar, LOL!

ldozer;151233]I bet most of the girls don't even know the difference between bass and guitar, LOL![/QUOTE]

Played bass many years and trust me girls know the difference.
    There have been a few exceptions like gene and Nikki but they are very rare.

Most girls see bass player and think lazy loser of the band who will never be able to write them a song.

Serioulsy tho this is way off topic

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Seriously, no one knows the pain and suffering of hair loss,

ESPECIALLY AS A YOUNG NORWOOD 6 SLICK BALD like myself.....I FEEL THERE IS NO HOPE LEFT.

I am not good looking either, so it hurts.....

People laugh at me all the time and say I look 50.......

SPENCER KOBREN, THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE FOR US.

MAY THE UNIVERSE BLESS YOU WITH A GREAT GREAT LIFE......
    How old are you? On a positive note, if you aren't good looking anyways then it probably does matter less.

i mean to say you would have probably had to use other attributes to get women rather than looks even had you not gone bald. Power, Intelligence, Wealth, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    How old are you? On a positive note, if you aren't good looking anyways then it probably does matter less.

i mean to say you would have probably had to use other attributes to get women rather than looks even had you not gone bald. Power, Intelligence, Wealth, etc.
    Only looks matter when it comes to sexual attraction.

Power, intelligence and wealth don't make women wet.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

Have you ever seen a hot girl with a nerdy Bill Gates guy.... or worse?

How often do you see Male models with fat chicks tho?

Point: Women and Men are hardwired differently. Women can forgo good looks (to an extent) more than men can for other qualities. You can see that outside in daily life, baseball game, shopping mall, etc.

Sigmund Freud: "Men value women for their appearances, women value men for their character" ~something like off top of my head

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    Have you ever seen a hot girl with a nerdy Bill Gates guy.... or worse?

How often do you see Male models with fat chicks tho?
    This is Bill Gates' wife:

This is Mark Zuckerberg's wife:

Whoah, clearly, being one of the richest and most powerful guy in the world will make hot girls fall in love with you.

This is the poor guy's wet dream. The truth is, couples are looksmatched, true couples, you know, where the girl truly loves the guy, and is not with him just for his money.

Again, sorry to burst your bubble too. Women are not hardwired differently. They don't forego looks. They just marry a rich ugly guy while f-cking the hot blue-collar pool-boy on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

Power makes women wet as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by dus View Post
    Power makes women wet as ****.
    Evidence of that? None.

Power turns women into glorified prostitutes who pinch their nose while f-cking you so they can take advantage of your ressources.

Sorry to burst your bubble.