+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

To anyone who really cares about their hair. The smart approach is to plan the next 10 years of treatment as if NOTHING new will come out

True but there are other lesser knowns like this that could mimic CB 03 01 and maybe come out sooner or later so there are chances for things people never mention or didnt know about.

Local Antiandrogen Therapy for the Treatment of Male Pattern Baldness

A couple months ago i run into a study about a safe topical antiandrogen being developed by Novan Therapeutics:

http://www.novantherapeutics.com/fil...en_therapy.pdf

The hamster flank organ test results were very similar to RU58831: 55% of growth inhibition. Pretty exciting stuff, I think.

They plan to finish phase II for acne in early 2014 testing the 3% concentration, which hopefully will work for MPB too, as it was the one exhibiting more powerful antiandrogenic activity during the study.

Really sucks the company prioritize the acne version. Hate that… Are these pharma startups afraid of bringing something effective for hair loss sufferers? Always the same pattern…

Anyway, plan to contact Novan soon and ask about the benefits of the acne formulation for hairloss.

I knew a dude was so fed up that he started injected Thymosin Beta 4 in his hairline...

Quote Originally Posted by kobefan234 View Post
    I knew a dude was so fed up that he started injected Thymosin Beta 4 in his hairline...
    And?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    If you're going to say "15 years" then I'm going to say "5000 years" - because both estimations are as accurate as each other being as though they've been literally pulled out of our asses.
    No, it's not. 15 years is about the time a protocol goes from hypothesis to market. Since nothing in the current pipeline is going to work, then 15 years is the earliest something that COULD work would make it to market. Additionally, it would be surprising, given the current pace of biomedicine, if there wasn't a cure within 30 years. So, nothing's being puller out of anyone's asses - these are sensible timelines based on reality.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    And?
    I have have not heard from him since. I am trying to convince an MD at my school to do it for me .. lol

I also talked with a guy from Australia who said TB4 worked "wonders" for him.

this was his protocol

"8mg week 1 (two shots @ 4mg Monday Thursday)
    4mg week 2 (two shots @ 2mg Monday Thursday)
    2mg week 3 (two shots @ 1mg Monday Thursday)
    2mg week 4 (two shots @ 1mg Monday Thursday)
    Then shots of .5mg twice a week for the following 4 weeks
    Then maintenance dosages of .5mg-1mg every 2 weeks after that.

My hair is 100 times better than it was; thicker, healthier and new growth."

Well if it makes anyone feel better, replicel did get financing from a leading pharma to carry on. According to the logic used in earlier posts, this means they have a cure for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    No, it's not. 15 years is about the time a protocol goes from hypothesis to market. Since nothing in the current pipeline is going to work, then 15 years is the earliest something that COULD work would make it to market. Additionally, it would be surprising, given the current pace of biomedicine, if there wasn't a cure within 30 years. So, nothing's being puller out of anyone's asses - these are sensible timelines based on reality.
    Since none of them are going to work?

I've already seem photos if histogen results that work. Pilofocus will hopefully work.

So mr 4 post noob... Put a sock in it until you've done your research and take your whining elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Well if it makes anyone feel better, replicel did get financing from a leading pharma to carry on. According to the logic used in earlier posts, this means they have a cure for sure
    Yeah, but that happened BEFORE the ARI guys f...... up and faced the contrary.

I guess this "leading pharma" company regrets their action already...

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    I think In the next ten years (or less) we may have, not a cure, but a decent treatment...

As for a cure... I think is actually very close too, just not for any of us... I think the cure will be for the kids that right now are like 10 years or so...