+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Follica

Example 1
    Method of Treatment of Skin

A method according to the present invention for effecting treatment of the skin on a human scalp is performed as follows. A subject with near complete hair loss and mild dyspigmentation on the scalp is seated in a stationary examination chair.

Next, using a programmed protocol for treating physical features that are known to be present on the subject's scalp (the practitioners having assessed the subject's scalp, determined that germane features included “featureless” areas of skin, age spots, terminal hairs, and sweat glands, and provided such information to the computer in order to trigger the use of an appropriate protocol), the computer positions a fractional laser above the scalp, and the laser is activated for a prescribed time and at a prescribed power for removal of a column of tissue at the target area to a depth of about 1 mm, thereby forming a channel at the location of injury. Using a protocol that is appropriate for an area in which a channel has been formed, the computer positions an applicator at a location above the scalp that corresponds to the site of injury in the second further target area. The applicator includes an inkjet-type head for delivering a composition substantially directly into the channel. A small volume (about 50 μL) of a composition comprising 6-bromo-indirubin-3′-oxime (a GSK3β modulator) and carrier comprising PEO-PPO-PEO (a thermoreversible polymer that gels when exposed to human physiological temperatures) is delivered as a fluid to the location.

The computer then uses the preprogrammed protocol to select a new target area on the portion of the scalp that is precisely 4 mm “above” (i.e., at a 90° angle from) the first target area. The selection of the further target area is in accordance with a preset directive that instructs the computer to select further target areas from a rectilinear grid defined by points that are separated from one another by 4 mm.

Next, using the programmed protocol for treating a scalp having the characteristics described above, the computer positions an applicator that is configured for propelling particles at a location above the scalp that corresponds to the further target area, and the applicator is activated for a prescribed time to deliver lithium-containing particles at a prescribed velocity (calculated to penetrate the skin to a depth of 1 to 3 mm) at the location of the further target area. Using a protocol that is appropriate for an area that has been bombarded with lithium-containing particles, the computer positions a second applicator at a location above the scalp that corresponds to the further target area. The applicator includes a spray nozzle for delivering a composition to the body surface. A small volume (about 50 μL) of a composition comprising aminoxidil and an appropriate excipient is delivered as a fluid to the location.

The computer again uses the preprogrammed protocol to select a new target area (a “second further target area”) on the portion of the scalp that is precisely 4 mm “above” (i.e., at a 90° angle from) the further target area. In accordance with the preprogrammed protocol for treating a scalp having the characteristics described above, the computer again positions a fractional laser above the scalp, and the laser is activated for a prescribed time and at a prescribed power for removal of a column of tissue at the second further target area to a depth of about 1 mm, thereby forming a channel at the location of the second further target area. Using the protocol that is appropriate for an area in which a channel has been formed, the computer positions an applicator at a location above the scalp that corresponds to the site of injury in the second further target area. The applicator includes an inkjet-type head for delivering a composition substantially directly into the channel. A small volume (about 50 μL) of a composition comprising 6-bromo-indirubin-3′-oxime and carrier comprising acrylate-lactate-PEO-PPO-PEO-lactate-acrylate is delivered as a fluid to the location.

The computer again uses the preprogrammed protocol to select a new target area (a “third further target area”) on the portion of the scalp that is precisely 4 mm “above” (i.e., at a 90° angle from) the second further target area. Once again using the programmed protocol for treating a scalp having the characteristics described above, the computer positions the applicator that is configured for propelling particles at a location above the scalp that corresponds to the third further target area, and the applicator is activated for a prescribed time to deliver lithium-containing particles at a prescribed velocity (calculated to penetrate the skin to a depth of 1 to 3 mm) at the location of the further target area. Using a protocol that is appropriate for an area that has been bombarded with lithium-containing particles, the computer positions a second applicator at a location above the scalp that corresponds to the third further target area. The applicator includes a spray nozzle for delivering a composition to the body surface. A small volume (about 50 μL) of a composition comprising aminoxidil and an appropriate excipient is delivered as a fluid to the location.

The described process is performed iteratively to give rise to additional target areas, wherein the additional target areas form a rectilinear grid relative to the portion of scalp.

Taken from Follicas most recent patent

http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/e...PCTDescription

There you go Hellouser do this at home

So what now, they just have us the cure? Time to find those chemicals?
    A small volume (about 50 μL) of a composition comprising 6-bromo-indirubin-3′-oxime and carrier comprising acrylate-lactate-PEO-PPO-PEO-lactate-acrylate is delivered as a fluid to the location.

A small volume (about 50 μL) of a composition comprising aminoxidil and an appropriate excipient is delivered as a fluid to the location.

This sounds...precise.

As I understand it, it is a computer guided system?
    That would answer my question of follicles being systematically placed, rather than a random 'strip the skin and pour solution on it' method that I had pictured.

Wonder what the solution will be to counter act DHT or any other triggers to the balding process? Please tell me no more Propecia!

So many questions.

Hope it works.

Quote Originally Posted by brunobald View Post
    Example 1
    Method of Treatment of Skin

A method according to the present invention for effecting treatment of the skin on a human scalp is performed as follows. A subject with near complete hair loss and mild dyspigmentation on the scalp is seated in a stationary examination chair.

Next, using a programmed protocol for treating physical features that are known to be present on the subject's scalp (the practitioners having assessed the subject's scalp, determined that germane features included “featureless” areas of skin, age spots, terminal hairs, and sweat glands, and provided such information to the computer in order to trigger the use of an appropriate protocol), the computer positions a fractional laser above the scalp, and the laser is activated for a prescribed time and at a prescribed power for removal of a column of tissue at the target area to a depth of about 1 mm, thereby forming a channel at the location of injury. Using a protocol that is appropriate for an area in which a channel has been formed, the computer positions an applicator at a location above the scalp that corresponds to the site of injury in the second further target area. The applicator includes an inkjet-type head for delivering a composition substantially directly into the channel. A small volume (about 50 μL) of a composition comprising 6-bromo-indirubin-3′-oxime (a GSK3β modulator) and carrier comprising PEO-PPO-PEO (a thermoreversible polymer that gels when exposed to human physiological temperatures) is delivered as a fluid to the location.

The computer then uses the preprogrammed protocol to select a new target area on the portion of the scalp that is precisely 4 mm “above” (i.e., at a 90° angle from) the first target area. The selection of the further target area is in accordance with a preset directive that instructs the computer to select further target areas from a rectilinear grid defined by points that are separated from one another by 4 mm.

Next, using the programmed protocol for treating a scalp having the characteristics described above, the computer positions an applicator that is configured for propelling particles at a location above the scalp that corresponds to the further target area, and the applicator is activated for a prescribed time to deliver lithium-containing particles at a prescribed velocity (calculated to penetrate the skin to a depth of 1 to 3 mm) at the location of the further target area. Using a protocol that is appropriate for an area that has been bombarded with lithium-containing particles, the computer positions a second applicator at a location above the scalp that corresponds to the further target area. The applicator includes a spray nozzle for delivering a composition to the body surface. A small volume (about 50 μL) of a composition comprising aminoxidil and an appropriate excipient is delivered as a fluid to the location.

The computer again uses the preprogrammed protocol to select a new target area (a “second further target area”) on the portion of the scalp that is precisely 4 mm “above” (i.e., at a 90° angle from) the further target area. In accordance with the preprogrammed protocol for treating a scalp having the characteristics described above, the computer again positions a fractional laser above the scalp, and the laser is activated for a prescribed time and at a prescribed power for removal of a column of tissue at the second further target area to a depth of about 1 mm, thereby forming a channel at the location of the second further target area. Using the protocol that is appropriate for an area in which a channel has been formed, the computer positions an applicator at a location above the scalp that corresponds to the site of injury in the second further target area. The applicator includes an inkjet-type head for delivering a composition substantially directly into the channel. A small volume (about 50 μL) of a composition comprising 6-bromo-indirubin-3′-oxime and carrier comprising acrylate-lactate-PEO-PPO-PEO-lactate-acrylate is delivered as a fluid to the location.

The computer again uses the preprogrammed protocol to select a new target area (a “third further target area”) on the portion of the scalp that is precisely 4 mm “above” (i.e., at a 90° angle from) the second further target area. Once again using the programmed protocol for treating a scalp having the characteristics described above, the computer positions the applicator that is configured for propelling particles at a location above the scalp that corresponds to the third further target area, and the applicator is activated for a prescribed time to deliver lithium-containing particles at a prescribed velocity (calculated to penetrate the skin to a depth of 1 to 3 mm) at the location of the further target area. Using a protocol that is appropriate for an area that has been bombarded with lithium-containing particles, the computer positions a second applicator at a location above the scalp that corresponds to the third further target area. The applicator includes a spray nozzle for delivering a composition to the body surface. A small volume (about 50 μL) of a composition comprising aminoxidil and an appropriate excipient is delivered as a fluid to the location.

The described process is performed iteratively to give rise to additional target areas, wherein the additional target areas form a rectilinear grid relative to the portion of scalp.

Taken from Follicas most recent patent

http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/e...PCTDescription

AWESOME FIND.

I'm going to read this in full detail later on. Lets end this disease!

If anyone has the grit and determination to do this, it is you Hellouser.

Good luck, the race begins!

1mm in diameter is quite a large hole, the hole is also being held open by a slow dissolving gel. I wonder if this is part of the reason a dermaroller does not work as the skin will close back around the puncture wound. In contrast a 1mm permantent hole will force the skin to bridge the gap and create NEW tissue!

In regards to the actual laser and print cartridge technology I have a lot of experience with this stuff having built my own co2 laser cutter and I see no reason why it cannot be done. Im not proposing we build on though If Follica pull this off I would be more than willing to give them my custom.

Edit reading the patent back I relise it is does say the hole is 1mm in diameter but 1mm in depth. I guess the gel may still be key to creating a bridging effect?

I have a lot of faith in follica but absolutely none in huffingtob post being a reliable news source. I remember reading an article on there saying a supernova somewhere in space would go off and be so bright we'd have a second sun in 2013. As someone suggested, think it was just to bring traffic in to their site. Nonetheless, still believing follica is for real

Sry, really i am, but i stopped getting excited..
    When I see a bald man growing a full head of hair, then i will get excited..

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    I have a lot of faith in follica but absolutely none in huffingtob post being a reliable news source. I remember reading an article on there saying a supernova somewhere in space would go off and be so bright we'd have a second sun in 2013. As someone suggested, think it was just to bring traffic in to their site. Nonetheless, still believing follica is for real
    This wasn't on April the 1st by any chance.