+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Follica

Hard to know what to make of this. They don't say anything they haven't said before.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I think they're releasing this news because they know we're onto their studies from the dermarolling thread.

I'm still sticking to my theory that dermabrasion + injections of FGF-9 will give similar results. Follica and Cotsarelis must be shaking in their boots!
    I don't care who we get it from so long as this generation gets to be cured!

I don't know whether to get excited about this or not, there has been a few times this year iv got exited thinking we are almost there and turns out we aren't, i get the impression this could be all we hear, in hoping they are close, any ideas once they do release something it will be available in the uk? Id like to hear more than vagrancies and from follica themselves such as how close is close and how wellitvwill work and if higher norwoods willbevable to benefit having found myself in the news paper a few times i know they don't always tell the complete truth! Don't want to put a downer on it could be amazing! But yet another game of wait and see if you ask this balding twenty something

Quote Originally Posted by brunobald View Post
    Hard to know what to make of this. They don't say anything they haven't said before.
    They are in Phase II trials. It'll be a couple years at least before we see anything worth our time.

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    I don't know whether to get excited about this or not, there has been a few times this year iv got exited thinking we are almost there and turns out we aren't, i get the impression this could be all we hear, in hoping they are close, any ideas once they do release something it will be available in the uk? Id like to hear more than vagrancies and from follica themselves such as how close is close and how wellitvwill work and if higher norwoods willbevable to benefit having found myself in the news paper a few times i know they don't always tell the complete truth! Don't want to put a downer on it could be amazing! But yet another game of wait and see if you ask this balding twenty something
    Since its a USA based company I suspect it will be here before the UK, maybe about three more years it will go international if this does come out. I am also sick of press releases and articles giving no substance in relation to time, it seems all they want is the publicity. They really should be close because their since is really not as complex as others companies.

I would guess there should be a patent out now or soon describing the process. Should make interesting reading, especially if we can replicate.

"While researchers at Follica have remained somewhat coy on exactly how the process works, The Scientist reports the procedure has already sailed through both preclinical and clinical trials."

'Sailed through clinical trials'...is this possibly implying that the procedure they've tested has already gone through all phases? Or maybe just referring to Phase 1 and 2a as we previously knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    "While researchers at Follica have remained somewhat coy on exactly how the process works, The Scientist reports the procedure has already sailed through both preclinical and clinical trials."

'Sailed through clinical trials'...is this possibly implying that the procedure they've tested has already gone through all phases? Or maybe just referring to Phase 1 and 2a as we previously knew?
    Preclinical would be the research, and clinical would the safety trials in Phase I. They are now in Phase II.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Preclinical would be the research, and clinical would the safety trials in Phase I. They are now in Phase II.
    If they are using a known safe substance for the topical after wounding do they need to complete a Phase III?

Quote Originally Posted by brunobald View Post
    If they are using a known safe substance for the topical after wounding do they need to complete a Phase III?
    Hopefully not, but the snail paced cure gatekeeping businessmen, I mean the FDA, will have a final say as to how quickly they can allow Follica to release a treatment.