+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Follica

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    @hellouser, I really like you math approach.
    I really do, your every post seems quite reasonable.

I just have one question for you, and I want to ask it to you from a novice point of view.
    I haven't been around here as you did, so..respect to who knows more than me.

Let's take minoxidil and finasteride, the only two FDA approved substances.
    Correct the following sentence if it is wrong:
    "They were found to be effective against MPB by pure chance"

Let's say companies like Follica are working on a cure.

From my perspective there is an "edge" here.
    The more effort is put to find a cure to MPB which is DIRECTED TOWARD IT, with associated costs, the bigger is the TOTAL RISK* to fail in the human trials (be it phase I, II, does not matter now).

*TOTAL RISK = losing every single dollar you invested in it.

What do you think about that?

Ps Yes, you could answer me, "one day or another, somebody will succeed".
    Well, it will happen some day. It better happen within a few years. I'll be right pissed if it doesn't. However, when and how is pure speculation, but since we're putting our hopes on Follica, it may be within a few years and we have a general idea of how it will be administered due to the publicly released patents.

The risk of them losing money now is near zero... but thats IF the hair that they claimed to be able to create with neogenesis is actually terminal hair. Spencer Kobren and Joe From Staten Island both commented and confirmed that Follica did successfully grow new hair from neogenesis in human clinical trials and are now in Phase IIb trials. But thats as much info as we know. So if its terminal hair... we can basically say 'case closed' and wait until Follica is given the green light and put snake oil salesman out of business and bury them into such a deep hole they'll never know the meaning of light... as they should.

But, I think they do have the cure. Why? Well, we saw from the barbecue head guy grew terminal hair after wounding, laser tattoo removal grew new hair, the hairy hand case and the kid with his arm that grew hair all over. All of the cases exhibited terminal hairs. So, Follica is perfecting this method and I'm fairly certain they've got it figured out.

I'm still hoping/pushing that we try to get around their procedure ourselves somehow... still believe injections or some kind of application of FGF-9 after wounding may get us there. So far, noone has been brave enough to try it. FGF-9 is available at 5mcg for $50.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    So if its terminal hair... we can basically say 'case closed' and wait until Follica is given the green light and put snake oil salesman out of business and bury them into such a deep hole they'll never know the meaning of light... as they should.
    I'd so like to see Follica suceed if only because it'd mean an instant end to all the worthless black market "experimental" treatments, e.g. BNP-32, TB4, whatever is being pushed at the time, far too many to list!

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    I'd so like to see Follica suceed if only because it'd mean an instead end to all the black market "experimental" treatments that go nowhere, e.g. BNP-32, TB4, too many to list!
    BNP-32 was never sold though, it was purely experimental.

When did Spencer confirm that Follica was in phase 2B? Follica website's indicate that they are still working on 2A.

Quote Originally Posted by locke999 View Post
    When did Spencer confirm that Follica was in phase 2B? Follica website's indicate that they are still working on 2A.
    My bad, its so hard to keep up with all the news. Yes, they're in IIa

To my knowledge, Follica is in Phase IIa studies;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbJiy37BmhE

Go to the 20:00 minute mark and Joe From Staten Island says:

'Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in history, Follica is in Phase IIa studies. They have performed follicular neogenesis on human beings. My god.'

Spencer Kobren confirms this. Listen to the rest of the bit as well.

So it clearly passed safety. Now its efficacy, although with all the dermarolling/wounding research so many members have been doing, we may not even need Follica's treatment.

How will this work? Will Follica be some kind of injectable or rather just a topical? If its applied per injection, will it be mandatory to repeat the treatment every year or so?

Well, it will happen some day. It better happen within a few years. I'll be right pissed if it doesn't. However, when and how is pure speculation, but since we're putting our hopes on Follica, it may be within a few years and we have a general idea of how it will be administered due to the publicly released patents.

The risk of them losing money now is near zero... but thats IF the hair that they claimed to be able to create with neogenesis is actually terminal hair. Spencer Kobren and Joe From Staten Island both commented and confirmed that Follica did successfully grow new hair from neogenesis in human clinical trials and are now in Phase IIb trials. But thats as much info as we know. So if its terminal hair... we can basically say 'case closed' and wait until Follica is given the green light and put snake oil salesman out of business and bury them into such a deep hole they'll never know the meaning of light... as they should.

But, I think they do have the cure. Why? Well, we saw from the barbecue head guy grew terminal hair after wounding, laser tattoo removal grew new hair, the hairy hand case and the kid with his arm that grew hair all over. All of the cases exhibited terminal hairs. So, Follica is perfecting this method and I'm fairly certain they've got it figured out.

I'm still hoping/pushing that we try to get around their procedure ourselves somehow... still believe injections or some kind of application of FGF-9 after wounding may get us there. So far, noone has been brave enough to try it. FGF-9 is available at 5mcg for $50.
    Hellouser, I am interested in that 3rd paragraph where you talk about these people regrowing hair. Can you maybe provide some links? I'd love to read up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalio View Post
    How will this work? Will Follica be some kind of injectable or rather just a topical? If its applied per injection, will it be mandatory to repeat the treatment every year or so?
    Basically:

1) Strip (wound) layer of skin on scalp
    2) Slow down healing
    3) Apply topicals
    4) Get laid with hair

I actually had an appointment this morning with my dentist. A checkup actually in regards to the gum grafting I had done a couple months ago. He mentioned he'll need to smoothen out the excess gum tissue in a couple months with a laser. This is where it gets interesting;

Basically the laser is like a pen and vaporizes the tissue. I asked him if it could be used on skin, suppose for a tattoo removal (didn't want to mention hair loss). He said the laser pen vaporizes tissue sometimes potentially up to 3mm deep. I couldn't understand him when he said the name of the laser, but this is a good start for those of us (hopefully all of us) interested in replicating Follica's wounding method.

I need to get my hands on this laser!

Basically:

1) Strip (wound) layer of skin on scalp
    2) Slow down healing
    3) Apply topicals
    4) Get laid with hair
    Very interesting, how often do you reckon one should repeat these steps in order to get a full head of hair?

Also, how do you slow down healing? Is that by using one of those dermarollers on the same wound before it is fully healed?